donehere24

donehere24

Oct 24, 2023
I was researching the SN method and happened upon some postmortem photos of people who had died of SN poisoning. Not gonna go into so much detail here but man was it strange to see these people in such a state even though they were only dead for a few hours to a couple days.

I was seriously considering the SN method for a while but it's difficult to imagine my body needing to end up looking so… dead?… for it to all be over. The mortician can cover my arms and legs and apply makeup to my face but it's not going to change what's underneath. Somehow I'm having a hard time getting over this bump even though I do really want to CTB. Thoughts?

• Hugs
Reactions: february in alaska, bridgegirl, a_depressed_lizard and 2 others
PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
Sorta. My family's never cared for open caskets and neither have I so I'll probably just get cremated anyways. That said, if my family ever comes to the mortician to verify my identity I wouldn't want to be disfigured. Ultimately I would prioritize choosing a comfortable method above all that but it's a factor

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
sombie

sombie

Oct 25, 2023
Personally I don't care how I look after death as long as my family don't see my body after death but it probably won't look too bad as I plan to do it by hanging,as long as you don't jump into a wood chipper head first or drown yourself I don't think the body will look too bad if someone finds you within 2-3 days,good luck and a fair voyage.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
I've wanted to CTB for a few years. Even more lately, but I still can't force others to deal with unnecessary thoughts and remains. They cannot be avoided

• Hugs
Snowstorm

Snowstorm

Can you see me?
Oct 23, 2023
yes and no. i dont want whoever may end up finding me to see something that would scar them, but i also dont mind how i look since it's hardly my body anyways.

• Hugs
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
This is only my opinion and you can choose to ignore it or even try to contradict what I think, I wouldn't mind it but based on an opinion that I have, you could even believe that it is quite selfish and I have acknowledged that it is selfish but, whatever is going on in the "alive world" shouldn't be any of your concern once you're dead.

Like you said, QUOTE: "for it to all be over", all of your thoughts, memories, EVERYTHING you knew would be over which is why I believe that nothing matters after you're dead. You shouldn't be worried about how you look.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Praestat_Mori
riamu

riamu

walking waste of bandages
Jan 5, 2023
i want to be skinny at least. apart from that i don't care that much

• Hugs
Reactions: bridgegirl, Praestat_Mori, lachrymost and 1 other person
D

deadlemonade

Oct 19, 2023
I was researching the SN method and happened upon some postmortem photos of people who had died of SN poisoning. Not gonna go into so much detail here but man was it strange to see these people in such a state even though they were only dead for a few hours to a couple days.

I was seriously considering the SN method for a while but it's difficult to imagine my body needing to end up looking so… dead?… for it to all be over. The mortician can cover my arms and legs and apply makeup to my face but it's not going to change what's underneath. Somehow I'm having a hard time getting over this bump even though I do really want to CTB. Thoughts?
not really! i thought about this since hanging/tourniquet is my preferred way to CTB so probably not much would look different. but also i feel like i wouldn't want a funeral even though i know that's very unlikely

• Hugs
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023

I'd be going straight to the oven so idc

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and Praestat_Mori
S

saddavyd

Sep 18, 2023
I'm being cremated. I wouldn't want ti be seen my my family after I die, would rather be remembered when I was happy. My son hanged himself at home and his brother still has bad dreams which remind him. From a family members point of view, it does matter what you look like afterwards. It may not add to the pain at the time, but these images can persist long after the event.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and deadbody
B

barelylivin

Oct 25, 2023

I'm in country that doesn't to open casket or anything like that but I would really like to decompose before someone finds me. That's not possible tho because of the guilt that my parents and friends will have to wait and only wonder where and how I disappeared

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and deadbody
SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
not really tbh, it never was me anyways

Reactions: LastFlowers
sfdwx

sfdwx

hanging
Jan 19, 2022
Yes, my first choice is hanging, because it damages my pretty face least
I accept peeing a little (not enough to soak my jeans) I don't want to poop

• Hugs
vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i don't think i really care, i'm ugly now anyway. just wanna make sure i'm not naked or covered in my own waste, not for my sake but for the sake of whoever finds me.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and Praestat_Mori
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I do care about how my body will look like right after I CTBed. I don't want it to be destroyed and in a terrible shape. But the natural decaying process starts right after death occured so there's nothing to be done against that if the corps is found a few days after the actual suicide (or natural death).

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Not really. Bodies are flawed to me anyway. I never glorified human bodies even at their peak. Skin shedding, hair shedding, sweat, pissing, pooping...

I also find naked bodies pretty much the same. If clothes didn't exist most human bodies would look similar to me and repulsive. Includes me ofc.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, as I won't exist by that point. Once I lose consciousness I will permanently cease existing, I'll be at peace and won't be trapped in this repulsive, burdensome flesh prison. And death isn't disturbing as we all have to die somewhere, someday, existing beings are just waiting to die, death is the most normal thing and the thought of permanently ceasing to exist comforts me so much.

a_depressed_lizard

a_depressed_lizard

Oct 12, 2023
Yeah, I don't want my family to be stuck with a awful image of me after I die, I just hope I can look as normal as possible

Proxycake

Proxycake

Matrimony
Feb 20, 2023
I want an open casket funeral, so I surely won't be shooting myself in the head. I find it very important how my body is going to look, I only hope that I can be there spiritually during my funeral to mourn myself with everybody else

Reactions: ThisIsLife
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I am very ugly so I can't really look any worse dead than I do now.

• Hugs
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
How I'll look is part of what's holding me back. I don't want my family to have to see that.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023

To whom? My body will be taken somewhere cremated because it's cheapest and then dumped in the trash most likely. So why do I care?

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I am very ugly so I can't really look any worse dead than I do now.
Same. And there's no way in hell I'm getting an open casket, I've even told that to my mother already and have requests written out. I don't even want to take a chance where that's concerned.
I want to be cremated ASAP.
No funeral, nothing.
not really! i thought about this since hanging/tourniquet is my preferred way to CTB so probably not much would look different. but also i feel like i wouldn't want a funeral even though i know that's very unlikely
Have you told anyone you don't want a funeral?

I'm trying to make sure one doesn't happen for myself. I don't want an obituary either. I don't need people in my business or even being aware I'm dead and then coming out of the woodwork to invade my privacy when I'm no longer there to do anything about it.
I swear it's a free-for-all after someone dies.
Especially with those who didn't even care about the person who died, when they were alive.
yes and no. i dont want whoever may end up finding me to see something that would scar them, but i also dont mind how i look since it's hardly my body anyways.
The only reason I don't want a family member to find me, is because I don't want them using it to victimize themselves and blame me for eternity.

The family member I'm living with now is a horrendous human being and would absolutely do the above, they would also probably let the police go through everything I own and wouldn't even try to protect my privacy. Would probably run their mouth and make a scene of male histrionics.
My suicide is 100% going to be used to "prove" that I was a burden and "mentally ill" when neither are the case.
But I'm suffering way to much for that to stop me.

Last edited:
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I know it won't matter once I'm gone, I won't be around to care, but something really bothers me about my body just. lying around after I leave. It's the biggest reason why I want to be cremated as soon as possible. As far as I'm concerned, this physical body has brought me nothing but pain. Body image issues, self hatred, survival instinct, scars... and obviously the fact that it's essentially just trapping my mind on Earth. To me, my body and mind are entirely separate, and my mind is the only "real" me.

It's hard to explain. I don't even know if it makes sense to myself, but I just don't want people to look at my corpse and think that that was me. I'd rather live on through (hopefully) positive memories and letters and my writing, things that I actually feel represented who I was. The rest I want gone forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elio24
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
Yes, I've been thinking the same as you because I'm planning with sn also. And I'll most likely be found by one of my parents. But it can't be avoided, and it's a horrible thing I know

Last edited: