90SecondsToMidnight

90SecondsToMidnight

WandererOfPurgatory
Aug 30, 2023
I generally have always sucked at focusing on work/studying subjects im trying to learn. I'll want to really focus on studying topics or subjects, as I love learning, However when it comes to actually sitting down and studying said things I almost immediately get bored and hate the idea of it. Its not that im not interested in the subjects at all, Ive just never been one to study. Anything anyone can suggest that might help? I never really find any guides online for it that help. It could just be a me problem that isnt fixable but im willing to try.

Reactions: Lost Magic
real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
Yeah I have the same problem.

Splitting workload into roughly half hour blocks segmented by small breaks is helpful because it lets your brain reset in between blocks and absorb information better and more easily. The pomedoro method is a version of this with 25 minute focus blocks segmented by 5 minute breaks. pomodor.app is a nice webapp that I use for it. I still suck at studying (or doing anything) consistently but this is helpful to me.

Reactions: Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Look into nootropics on Amazon or somewhere. They are capsules that come with herbs that help you focus and relax better. Worth a shot.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I generally have always sucked at focusing on work/studying subjects im trying to learn. I'll want to really focus on studying topics or subjects, as I love learning, However when it comes to actually sitting down and studying said things I almost immediately get bored and hate the idea of it. Its not that im not interested in the subjects at all, Ive just never been one to study. Anything anyone can suggest that might help? I never really find any guides online for it that help. It could just be a me problem that isnt fixable but im willing to try.
I really like to listen to white noise while studying/focussing. That really helps me.

Treku

Treku

why am I even alive
Oct 15, 2023
I'm absolutely terrible at staying focused at doing work but I like to put up the hood of my hoodie and i find that it kinda helps to block out the rest of the world.
and I find music, like that lofi girl stuff, with noise cancelling headphones also helps to block stuff out
hope this helps :)