F

fayth2567

Oct 18, 2022
Greeting all,
I'm getting desperate. What's the probability of surviving a gunshot wound to the head, point blank from a 9mm Glock when the hospital is 14 minutes (7.9 miles) away? Should I double up with SN and use a gun?

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I thought about that take sn then immediately shoot myself in the mouth with a shotgun. wonder if that would work? but just a fleeting thought. would like to see any responses if anybody responds .

Reactions: fayth2567
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
Greeting all,
I'm getting desperate. What's the probability of surviving a gunshot wound to the head, point blank from a 9mm Glock when the hospital is 14 minutes (7.9 miles) away? Should I double up with SN and use a gun?
If enough kinetic energy is applied to the hypothalamus, fatality rate is 100%. One has to know where to aim, and from what angle. The skull beneath the forehead and the face can absorb many times more force than most people would expect. There are angles of a headshot that most people would survive from a 9mm caliber firearm.

Reactions: Ashu and squirley
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
If enough kinetic energy is applied to the hypothalamus, fatality rate is 100%. One has to know where to aim, and from what angle. The skull beneath the forehead and the face can absorb many times more force than most people would expect. There are angles of a headshot that most people would survive from a 9mm caliber firearm.
wouldn't a 45 degree angle in the mouth as far inside as you can get it and hold firmly there would have the greatest probability ?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: The Burning Fool
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
It's low, but not 0. If you aim right and hit the brainstem then it lowers those chances even more. When you say "doubling up" I don't know if you mean taking twice as much SN or just taking SN and a gun, but more SN increases the chances of rejection.

The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
wouldn't a 45 degree angle in the mouth as far as you can get it and hold firmly there would have the greatest probability ?
Brilliant insight, yes I think so. I'd use a mirror to make sure I'm holding the right angle. (And hopefully not laugh too hard at the sight for the gun to fall out of my hands.)

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc