• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
People who offer all of their inspirational quotes and suicide hotlines etc really offer no real help in the matters of suffering, poverty etc. The way things are: it's still "everyone is alone to fend for themselves". Many people are in desperate financial situations, physical pain, mental illness, socially isolated and unable to work in order to have financial independence or access decent healthcare. So when a pro lifer tells me to stay alive and "get help" they're just telling me to "shut the fuck up and stop talking about suicide because it bothers me". I've actually tried to get help and it's always the same vague inspirational advice or at the worst "call 911 and go to a hospital". Even if I were suddenly healthy my life would still be awful because of what mental illness has done to my past - leaving me economically fucked and a history of ruined situations and with no real chance of a decent future.

Sorry for the long rant - i'm drunk and depressed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ScorpiusDragon, Morbid Cam and 13 others
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
This is the place to rant about all of this.

Suicide isn't talked about, so the only response people have is the generic response. More and more people are dying by suicide, so we'll eventually get to a point where it is discussed. All health issues get addressed once enough people kick the bucket.

This one is harder since it's by choice AND contagious. But we'll get there.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Morbid Cam, therhydler and 5 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
[Method] How to use pro-life platitudes can be used to CTB. (The Thread I am waiting for)

No seriously. I can relate entirely. There is a difference between just throwing out platitudes at people and really trying to help them. The people who really try to help you don't give you platitudes, they sit, listen, and understand. Something I find is greatly lacking in SuicideWatch and SuicideBereavement.

I guess it just helps them fuel their ego. I don't know.

TBH I don't know how saying.

HEY, LRA888, HAVE YOU TRIED YOGA YET?

Is helping at all.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, MsM3talGamer, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This sums up the majority of people in society and the average pro-lifer. Ever since I've been on this site, I've began withdrawing from the people around me, not talking about things that bother me (because they keep pushing their inspirational, rosy-tined positivity bullshit spiel) as it is just a mere waste of time and I end up leaving more frustrated than before.

The only people that are open-minded and honest are the people on here and everyone else IRL are just a bunch of brainwashed tools who spew what society wants them to spew as well as shunning, shutting down, ignoring anything that challenges the status quo.

This is the place to rant about all of this.

Suicide isn't talked about, so the only response people have is the generic response. More and more people are dying by suicide, so we'll eventually get to a point where it is discussed. All health issues get addressed once enough people kick the bucket.

This one is harder since it's by choice AND contagious. But we'll get there.

I don't know "when" society will actually start discussing about suicide "honestly without filters" and with an "open mind." As much as we hope that will happen and that stigma goes down, the way things are going, pro-lifers still have the vast majority and the strongest grip in society. Maybe long after our time (many decades from now or even a century) that will happen, but that's moot as we're all dead by then.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Morbid Cam, therhydler and 5 others
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
This sums up the majority of people in society and the average pro-lifer. Ever since I've been on this site, I've began withdrawing from the people around me, not talking about things that bother me (because they keep pushing their inspirational, rosy-tined positivity bullshit spiel) as it is just a mere waste of time and I end up leaving more frustrated than before.

The only people that are open-minded and honest are the people on here and everyone else IRL are just a bunch of brainwashed tools who spew what society wants them to spew as well as shunning, shutting down, ignoring anything that challenges the status quo.

I don't know "when" society will actually start discussing about suicide "honestly without filters" and with an "open mind." As much as we hope that will happen and that stigma goes down, the way things are going, pro-lifers still have the vast majority and the strongest grip in society. Maybe long after our time (many decades from now or even a century) that will happen, but that's moot as we're all dead by then.

Even with them having the majority, I think they will eventually reach the conclusion that a person's life belongs to them. Suicide is scary to people, so they naturally avoid it.

There is someone in my life who was suicidal. And I didn't respond the way I should have. I didn't know how to deal with it and thought I'd say the wrong thing. So I never brought it up or reached out. Being suicidal myself now I'm going to do better.

Reactions: therhydler, Jodes, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
pro-lifers still have the vast majority and the strongest grip in society.
Yes. ANYTIME suicide is mentioned whether it be on tv, online, or in a print article, they always give the cliche "if you're having suicidal thoughts call 1-800-NONSENS". Suicide hotlines do nothing but they're held up as the solution to everyone's problems. They're shared for legal reasons only.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Morbid Cam, Jodes and 3 others
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
Yes. ANYTIME suicide is mentioned whether it be on tv, online, or in a print article, they always give the cliche "if you're having suicidal thoughts call 1-800-NONSENS". Suicide hotlines do nothing but they're held up as the solution to everyone's problems. They're there for legal reasons only.

People fear the possibility of being responsible for someone's death for personal reasons as well as legal ones. Especially with the internet, the story of you being partially responsible for someone's suicide can haunt you and no one has to let you forget it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
People fear the possibility of being responsible for someone's death for personal reasons as well as legal ones. Especially with the internet, the story of you being partially responsible for someone's suicide can haunt you and no one has to let you forget it.
They don't want to be responsible for copycats. In NYC they rarely mention the (very common) suicides by subway and bridge because of copycats - it's the policy of the city. A person killed themselves at my subway stop and the subway line was temporarily halted so they could clean the mess. No mention of this in the papers or any type of media. The MTA only says that there is a "delay" or a "sick passenger". One time a man went into the tunnel and was killed by the train and I was stuck for half an hour. The announcement was that we were delayed because someone was "trespassing" on the tracks. ANYTHING so they can avoid announcing the suicide.

The only time it gets mentioned is if a witness makes a huge deal about it, shares pictures on social media or whatever so it can't be denied. Or if it's a relatively well known person or family member of a well known person.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and GreenLantern
slowlystarve

slowlystarve

abomination
Dec 10, 2018
suicide hotlines are some of the most useless things in the world. they ask the same questions, let you talk for a few minutes, then tell you to watch a fucking movie or listen to music or some shit and send you off. worst case scenario you get the police at your door. how on earth does anyone think handing out those numbers like candy on halloween is going to help anybody? i know the majority of those types have never actually used the hotline themselves, but for fuck's sake.

scared the absolute shit outta me once. they sent the police and i didn't fucking know they were coming till they were banging on my door.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Made4TV, Morbid Cam and 6 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
suicide hotlines are some of the most useless things in the world. they ask the same questions, let you talk for a few minutes, then tell you to watch a fucking movie or listen to music or some shit and send you off. worst case scenario you get the police at your door. how on earth does anyone think handing out those numbers like candy on halloween is going to help anybody? i know the majority of those types have never actually used the hotline themselves, but for fuck's sake.

scared the absolute shit outta me once. they sent the police and i didn't fucking know they were coming till they were banging on my door.
Ha! I had a suicide hotline operator tell me to watch a movie as well. Couldn't believe it.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 1 other person
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018

Also, I dont think the people that work at those suicide hotlines are that trained or qualified to do the job to begin with. And of course they don't really give a shit anyway. I actually got offered a temp job once working at one of those hotlines. I declined it due to my own depression (how am I supposed to help others when I can't even help myself), plus I called them before and they didn't help me, they just pissed me off.

I hate that they send cops to someone's house when they're suicidal. It's not uncommon (at least in america) for the police to kill suicidal people. So LE's (who is supposedly pro life) idea of "saving" someone's life is to scare them and kill them violently? Plus the police are usually rough and violent. You don't send someone who's rough and violent to someone who's suicidal.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jodes and 1 other person
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
People who offer all of their inspirational quotes and suicide hotlines etc really offer no real help in the matters of suffering, poverty etc. The way things are: it's still "everyone is alone to fend for themselves". Many people are in desperate financial situations, physical pain, mental illness, socially isolated and unable to work in order to have financial independence or access decent healthcare. So when a pro lifer tells me to stay alive and "get help" they're just telling me to "shut the fuck up and stop talking about suicide because it bothers me". I've actually tried to get help and it's always the same vague inspirational advice or at the worst "call 911 and go to a hospital". Even if I were suddenly healthy my life would still be awful because of what mental illness has done to my past - leaving me economically fucked and a history of ruined situations and with no real chance of a decent future.

Sorry for the long rant - i'm drunk and depressed.
I'm right there with you. If I could get financial help to continue to live and pay for therapy I wouldn't ctb. No suicide hotline will help with this.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Also, I dont think the people that work at those suicide hotlines are that trained or qualified to do the job to begin with. And of course they don't really give a shit anyway. I actually got offered a temp job once working at one of those hotlines. I declined it due to my own depression (how am I supposed to help others when I can't even help myself), plus I called them before and they didn't help me, they just pissed me off.

I hate that they send cops to someone's house when they're suicidal. It's not uncommon (at least in america) for the police to kill suicidal people. So LE's (who is supposedly pro life) idea of "saving" someone's life is to scare them and kill them violently? Plus the police are usually rough and violent. You don't send someone who's rough and violent to someone who's suicidal.
I had a therapist tell me I can call 911 on myself if I feel like I'm going to act on suicidal thoughts (this was after I told her that I had attempted in the past). Okay so I call 911 on myself and an ambulance takes me away for a while - so when I get out I'l have no means of supporting myself and be facing eviction (depending on how long i were to be hospitalized) but that's okay because at least i'm alive. It's completely unrealistic for me to ever do that. If I kill myself I at least leave with some dignity and freedom.

Last edited:
silentinbetween

silentinbetween

Apr 30, 2018
I got left on hold by the suicide hotline. Nobody ever picked up- it told me their lines were full. they played jazz while I was waiting. I was so taken aback I started laughing hysterically.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Where in the USA?

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
Where in the USA?

You mean where those incidents happened in the u.s? I don't remember. There were stories in the media about it. And it does happen from time to time.

The person who created the "lost all hope" website said on their botched attempt, the cops came in pointing guns at him right as he shot himself.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Jodes