TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is something that was always on the back of my mind, that no matter what one says or has, no matter how logical or rational one is, pro-lifers will always see it as black and white. This means pro-lifers will always see it as you either are pro-life and against CTB as an option, or you are pro-death (even if you are pro-choice). There is nothing more misleading and wrong with their slanderous claim of how being pro-choice (respecting another person's wish to die with dignity, on their own terms) is being pro-death or pro-CTB.

A little mini-story (back in uni, when I was 20 years of age):
Back as a uni student more than a decade ago, I had a childhood friend who was also in uni (he goes to a different uni than me, and he double majored in psychology and history). He is very intelligent and logical, in fact, he enjoyed great academic success and what not. His upbringing was similar to mine too, albeit slightly differently. He too, had strict, authoritative parents who always kept close tabs on him and monitored him (when he was a child all the way up until he was in college).

Anyways, so while I was in college (keep in mind this was when I've learned about the right to die and the topic of euthanasia for terminally ill patients, people), I wanted to write a book or at least some short publications about why the right to die and why CTB is an option. Then my childhood friend told me it was a very bad idea because I could end up getting 'sued' by many people who have lost loved ones to CTB and/or other causes. He had a good point and this made me realize that even in our society, which is filled with NPC normies, and generally pro-lifers, they are so against the idea of death. They don't view the freedom to choose one's own death on one's own terms as a fundamental human right, but rather as a medical illness that must be treated (I believe I have written articles about how CTB should be demedicalized and viewed more from a human rights and civil rights perspective.). So back to my story, he told me that no publisher would ever wish to do so and if people found out my real name if/when I do write books, novels, or essays on CTB, I would get into serious legal troubles and other difficulties in life.

So in conclusion, this goes to show how delusional the majority of society (NPC Normies no less) are when it comes to the topic of death, let alone CTB. They don't view CTB with the lens of freedom and civil rights, but rather as an irrational mind, mental illness, and medical problem. So until the attitude changes in how people see CTB, it will be very hard to try to convince others about the right to die as a voluntary choice.

• Love
Reactions: newave3, -Raven's Night-, Suicidе and 2 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Too long to read all that sorry but the pro-lifers are just too far into the system. They are not at fault, they are just sheep.

The only purpose for 99% of us is to breed and raise more humans who can slave away so 1% can live in luxury.

Reactions: newave3
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Why is everyone an "NPC"? I don't get it. Are you the main character? It's dehumanizing and narcissistic to call everyone that.

Reactions: jamie_, Chinaski, Wannagonow and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Anyone who is pro life is clearly in denial of the harsh reality of this existence and it's like those people forget that we are all going to die anyway so it's very irrational to want to do everything to prolong the suffering of others as much as possible. Something so normal as death shouldn't have so much stigma attached to it if one wants to leave voluntarily but I think that deep down those people fear death to the point that they unnecessarily glorify life and place so much value onto it.

Just the thought of someone preferring death over life and suicide being a rational solution scares them as it shatters their worldview which can explain why they are unable to respect the personal decisions of others to voluntarily exit. They don't want to face the fact that existence isn't worth it for so many people. But still, if something happened to make them wish to ctb themselves they would likely change their views.

Reactions: newave3 and TAW122