Apr 8, 2020

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Iamamistake, WatermelonMel and 27 others
casctb

casctb

Stubborn idiot that gives up too easily
Jun 7, 2020
This cheered me up a bit. Just got into an argument with my parents. Thanks for this. ☺️

• Love
Reactions: ExoticAir, itsamadworld, Mich517 and 5 others
I

idontwannadothisanym

Experienced
Apr 8, 2020
This cheered me up a bit. Just got into an argument with my parents. Thanks for this. ☺❤
you're ever so welcome :heart::heart:

• Love
Reactions: itsamadworld, Deleted member 17331, Rn110bg101 and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I sometimes agree with that but I don't think it helps saying that other than being able to vent.
Instead, I wish they would spend time on here actually reading peoples stories on why they want to end their lives. @Gaius_Baltar comes to mind.
Most people just freak out at the mention of suicide.
Some have had terrible lives... far worse than I have. I still think people should have the right to end it if they choose.

I know it's been said many times but none of us were given the choice if we wanted to be born. I am tired of being a wage slave just struggling to get by. That argument that "Things will get better" is just a bunch of shit people say. For many of us it won't. As for me … I am not smart. It will be the same shit until I die. Even for people who are smart life can be shitty.

Anyway … just my thoughts.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Iamamistake, WatermelonMel and 11 others
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Deadass. Its ridiculous. Instead of telling suicidal people "LIVE FOR YOUR LOED ONES/YOUR LIFE MATTERS/PERMANENT SOLUTION TO TEMPORARY PROBLEM/ETC" give that person a space to just vent and complain. A person who seeks to die doesn't do it out of thin air. Its a response to pain so deep thta death feels better than living. I think we should be given a choice. That if one wants help they should have easy access to therapy and other treatments that can help them. But, if they truly want to die (granted they are an adult) I feel they should have that choice. Life int something we can all fight through. Sometimes it just sucks and enough is enough

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, No_more, Iamamistake and 16 others
I

idontwannadothisanym

Experienced
Apr 8, 2020
Deadass. Its ridiculous. Instead of telling suicidal people "LIVE FOR YOUR LOED ONES/YOUR LIFE MATTERS/PERMANENT SOLUTION TO TEMPORARY PROBLEM/ETC" give that person a space to just vent and complain. A person who seeks to die doesn't do it out of thin air. Its a response to pain so deep thta death feels better than living. I think we should be given a choice. That if one wants help they should have easy access to therapy and other treatments that can help them. But, if they truly want to die (granted they are an adult) I feel they should have that choice. Life int something we can all fight through. Sometimes it just sucks and enough is enough
:hug:

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
If pro-lifers really wanna help (and not just feeding their own egos), they need to be emphatetic first. Listen to our frustration & hopelessness instead of just dismissing it by saying there are more people in worse conditions and they're just keep fighting.

Saying empty platitudes like "life will get better" without validly state the plausible reasons are also not a good way to lift someone's spirit up. It just ignores how someone's life can be constantly in a shitty state.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Iamamistake, pthnrdnojvsc and 13 others
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
If pro-lifers really wanna help (and not just feeding their own egos), they need to be emphatetic first. Listen to our frustration & hopelessness instead of just dismissing it by saying there are more people in worse conditions and they're just keep fighting.

Saying empty platitudes like "life will get better" without validly state the plausible reasons are also not a good way to lift someone's spirit up. It just ignores how someone's life can be constantly in a shitty state.
Thissss. I feel this so much. Its easy to say "life gets better" and stuff but that doesn't always help. I feel some who do say it come from a genuine place. like I have a life coach friend who often says this to me when I am depressed/suicidal. And I know they come from a genuine place as they have had similar struggles, but even then, it shouldn't be forced down our throats.

• Love
Reactions: ExoticAir, itsamadworld, Deleted member 17331 and 5 others
I

idontwannadothisanym

Experienced
Apr 8, 2020
Thissss. I feel this so much. Its easy to say "life gets better" and stuff but that doesn't always help. I feel some who do say it come from a genuine place. like I have a life coach friend who often says this to me when I am depressed/suicidal. And I know they come from a genuine place as they have had similar struggles, but even then, it shouldn't be forced down our throats.
big huggy wuggys

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Disintegration
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I have a friend who claimed to be pro choice, but after a hour chatting and having the *things always get better* and similar other pro life shit rammed down my throat for that time, I called her a pro lifer, she said I didn't have a clue and suicide is selfish,
Yea conversation over and out at that point! Not spoken to her since

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Iamamistake, sadghost, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
I

idontwannadothisanym

Experienced
Apr 8, 2020
I have a friend who claimed to be pro choice, but after a hour chatting and having the *things always get better* and similar other pro life shit rammed down my throat for that time, I called her a pro lifer, she said I didn't have a clue and suicide is selfish,
wowwowowowo she's a silly billy

Reactions: Iamamistake and not-2-b-the-answer
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Well said. I agree with your last few sentences. Therapy, treatment, and "help" is only useful if and when that person WANTS it, not when it is being pushed, pressured, or forced onto that person. At best that person may act like it's getting better (even if things around them are still shit) just to not be incarcerated and then later still end up dying. In very rare cases, you'll have people who may even go on to make others' lives miserable which is something even worse.

Yeah, I would cut her out of my life too, especially after her disingenuous claims of being pro-choice while reeking of pro-life sentiments.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Iamamistake, disabledandhopeless and 5 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020

Indeed. Even with genuine intentions, it shouldn't be forced to us. That just mean a lack of understanding, sadly since it came from someone who had similar struggles.

Anyway, if there is a life coach, there should be a death coach, LOL.

• Love
Reactions: Iamamistake, not-2-b-the-answer, DeathIsTheWayOut99 and 1 other person
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
♡♡♡

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and idontwannadothisanym
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Indeed. Even with genuine intentions, it shouldn't be forced to us. That just mean a lack of understanding, sadly since it came from someone who had similar struggles.

Anyway, if there is a life coach, there should be a death coach, LOL.
I saw what you did there lol. I mean, I believe my friend does understand as he has been there himself but, since distancing myself from him I've noted some flaws I'm not comfortable with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bct and not-2-b-the-answer
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I wonder why prolifers don't go and do something with their lives instead of upsetting us.

• Love
Reactions: Iamamistake, puppy9, Bct and 5 others
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
They are doing something with their lifes. They are happy and successful AF. They just cannot believe how we can hate this 'oh so amazing', almost paradise-like life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mylifeispointless, Bct and 6 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
They are doing something with their lifes. They are happy and successful AF. They just cannot believe how we can hate this 'oh so amazing', almost paradise-like life.
Exactly. Before I was suicidal I couldn't understand why some people ctb speacilly those rich and famous who seem to have it all. Now that I'm on this side I see everything different. Another perspective. You have to be on this side to understand. Prolifers will never understand. They are just wasting their time.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Mylifeispointless, Iamamistake and 9 others
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
Exactly. Before I was suicidal I couldn't understand why some people ctb speacilly those rich and famous who seem to have it all. Now that I'm on this side I see everything different. Another perspective. You have to be on this side to understand. Prolifers will never understand. They are just wasting their time.

You said it right: you have to be on our side to understand. Pro-lifers will indeed never understand.

But I just cannot comprehend that eventually, those pro-lifers still like to live!
I mean life is full of terrible stuff, the obligation to work shitty jobs till you're 70, rejections, disorders and other bad stuff.

You would reason that at one point, they too realize life is actually sort of a hell.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Iamamistake, Bct and 5 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
You said it right: you have to be on our side to understand. Pro-lifers will indeed never understand.

But I just cannot comprehend that eventually, those pro-lifers still like to live!
I mean life is full of terrible stuff, the obligation to work shitty jobs till you're 70, rejections, disorders and other bad stuff.

You would reason that at one point, they too realize life is actually sort of a hell.
They will all realize life is hell at one point , at age 70 , at age 90 in a nursing home or earlier if they get cancer, become homeless, Huntington's disease, get an accident, stroke, paralyzed etc. They'll know i was right then but it will be too late for them as they wont be able get a painless suicide reliable method over-engineered to 99% reliability which takes a long time to do as i'm doing.

Reactions: Bct, not-2-b-the-answer, disabledandhopeless and 5 others
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
little bit glad for pro lifers, as they helped me find this site unintentionally. i was disgusted at what i saw on the reddit sub, just the same 5 lines being spewed like it was a bot. i might actually make a post on the validity of "life will get better".

• Love
Reactions: Bct, not-2-b-the-answer, Escape Artist and 3 others
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
little bit glad for pro lifers, as they helped me find this site unintentionally. i was disgusted at what i saw on the reddit sub, just the same 5 lines being spewed like it was a bot. i might actually make a post on the validity of "life will get better".
IMO, at this point.......Reddit is a joke, a has-been...it's all just banning and silencing people. You may as well go look a puppy pictures, or little snowflakes dancing,... that's about what reddit has become to me....

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, KiraComplex and idontwannadothisanym
I

idontwannadothisanym

Experienced
Apr 8, 2020
IMO, at this point.......Reddit is a joke, a has-been...it's all just banning and silencing people. You may as well go look a puppy pictures, or little snowflakes dancing,... that's about what reddit has become to me....
Reddit is shite agreed
Reddit is shite agreed
I migrated over there when ss was in a coma and they booted me off a forum thing in a couple of hours

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and itsamadworld
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
when a secretly/not so secretly suicide sub comments consist of "happy cake day stranger!" "thingz will b betr" "poggers moment " then...
Reddit is shite agreed

I migrated over there when ss was in a coma and they booted me off a forum thing in a couple of hours
why they kick u off?

I

idontwannadothisanym

Experienced
Apr 8, 2020
when a secretly/not so secretly suicide sub comments consist of "happy cake day stranger!" "thingz will b betr" "poggers moment " then...

why they kick u off?
I was asking if people from SS were on it because I was lonely and apparently sanctioned is a naughty word

• Love
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
My death coach is the Grim Reaper and I don't fear the Reaper, Blue Oyster Cult style!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Iamamistake, Green Destiny, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I agree. Do pro lifers not understand why some people simply wish to no longer be a part of this life? Suffering comes in many forms be it physical or mental, be it the current state of their lives or the current state of the world in general. If people have the right to live, then they should also have the right to choose when to die.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, pthnrdnojvsc, idontwannadothisanym and 3 others