• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Joker2003

Joker2003

Feb 15, 2024
I often hear normal people say that suicide is selfish, but I think that keeping people alive against their will is what's selfish.

Every day, millions of people suffer from physical disease, mental illness, trauma, and the many other horrors of this world. Humans are sentient and self-aware animals so our threshold for suffering is limitless. If these suffering individuals even vaguely voice that they would rather be dead than suffer, they are scolded by the masses for not being grateful and happy that the are alive and told that suicide is never an option.

I think that MAID should be available to any adult who has a chronic condition (whether physical or mental), and is truly sincere about wanting to permanently leave this world. Humans beings deserve the freedom of choice and choosing to be free from suffering is the ultimate choice. Telling people that they have to stay in this cruel world and continue to suffer is cruel and inhumane.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Niyxx, MeltingBrain, Defenestration and 23 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
literally😭i've never understood that argument. how does it get more selfish than, 'even though you've been in abject misery every day for years despite trying to get better, u should keep suffering just for me, & it's selfish u don't want to'????

• Love
Reactions: myusername890, pthnrdnojvsc, ijustwishtodie and 9 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I agree, pro-lifers are so selfish. They're forcing people to be kept alive against their will. I'll never understand pro-lifers and their hypocrisy. They think that living is the ultimate good even if the person is in endless amounts of pain and suffering and *wants* to end their life. If pro-lifers truly valued people, they would allow those who are suffering to die and to be put out of their misery. Unfortunately, pro-lifers only value life, not quality of life.

• Love
Reactions: Immensevoid, myusername890, pthnrdnojvsc and 10 others

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
They only care about biological life, not the person.

A truly selfless person would do everything possible to alleviate someone's suffering even if it means death.

The wishes of each person regarding their own life must be respected because in the end, at least today, only the person experiencing the suffering knows exactly what it's like, one cannot completely convey experiences no matter how many words you use.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain, LoiteringClouds, myusername890 and 11 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't know about that. Despite wanting to CTB myself I always see it as tragic when someone kills themself. I see it as a failure of society to protect the person.

It's more as part of the human race I think you want to see others be happy and well.

Once people appreciate its a last resort, they are generally more accepting.

Most people are not pessimistic and negative so they find it hard to identify and emphasise with people who are depressed. It is just so far against human nature to want to die that only those who are in the same headspace can understand.

A normal person will not and cab never understand a mind that wants to kill yourself.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, reclaimedbynature, Raindancer and 3 others
Joker2003

Joker2003

Feb 15, 2024
I don't know about that. Despite wanting to CTB myself I always see it as tragic when someone kills themself. I see it as a failure of society to protect the person.

It's more as part of the human race I think you want to see others be happy and well.

Once people appreciate its a last resort, they are generally more accepting.

Most people are not pessimistic and negative so they find it hard to identify and emphasise with people who are depressed. It is just so far against human nature to want to die that only those who are in the same headspace can understand.

A normal person will not and cab never understand a mind that wants to kill yourself.
I agree that suicide is always tragic, but I feel like it is sometimes the only choice-- especially for people who can find no way to alleviate their suffering.

I wish we lived in a more understanding and compassionate society, maybe then people wouldn't be so inclined to CTB. Unfortunately, where I live in the United States- greed, work productivity, and status are valued far more than the well-being of individuals. Corporatism has ruined America and reduced people to cogs in the machine. People who don't benefit the machine (society) are viewed as inferior.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and sserafim
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I agree that suicide is always tragic, but I feel like it is sometimes the only choice-- especially for people who can find no way to alleviate their suffering.

I wish we lived in a more understanding and compassionate society, maybe then people wouldn't be so inclined to CTB. Unfortunately, where I live in the United States- greed, work productivity, and status are valued far more than the well-being of individuals. Corporatism has ruined America and reduced people to cogs in the machine. People who don't benefit the machine (society) are viewed as inferior.
Exactly same here in the UK. Our government actively tries to push us to suicide here, it's ruthless and brutal.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Joker2003
Cakeisalie

Cakeisalie

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
Sep 7, 2020
It gets worse when they use religion as an argument, or manipulation through psychological fear of the existence of hell or limbo
It would be great if there were an electronic device with advanced technology capable of connecting two brains, making it possible for a pro-life person to feel or be for a few minutes and experience what a person with depression has to tolerate all day long.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Joker2003, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, it's horribly tone-deaf as an argument against suicide. Clearly, nothing cheers someone up like being told that their personal, unending hell is actually all about you.

I've always sort of wanted to reply, "Well, if it gets that bad, I guess you could always kill yourself too." Mostly just to see what shakes out of the cognitive dissonance caused by someone finally grasping that a suicidal person might currently feel as bad as their loved ones fear feeling in the future. I suspect it would only end in profanity and possibly flung objects though, so I've never said it.

Reactions: floralheaddress, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I do think that killing yourself, if you have loved ones or dependents, is selfish by definition but it's still justified. I also think that keeping others alive against their will is selfish too but this isn't justified. Either way, I'd rather prioritise myself over others so I will be selfish as my life should be mine alone. I think that suicide shouldn't be hindered by other people wanting you to be alive as your life should be yours alone to control

Reactions: Joker2003, sserafim and Cakeisalie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really disgusts me how humans so selfishly procreate even know existence is literally nothing but suffering with no limit as to how much agony one can feel yet they wish to make existence into a prison where one cannot peacefully escape on their own terms, it's even worse than selfish it's beyond evil and those people just create so much harm.

The tragedy is how this human species hasn't gone voluntarily extinct yet as if one never existed then they wouldn't even need to die in the first place. In fact they wouldn't have any need for anything, they'd simply not exist and be incapable of suffering for all eternity, only non-existence is desirable and only never existing is true perfection.

• Love
Reactions: myusername890, Joker2003 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I do think that killing yourself, if you have loved ones or dependents, is selfish by definition but it's still justified. I also think that keeping others alive against their will is selfish too but this isn't justified. Either way, I'd rather prioritise myself over others so I will be selfish as my life should be mine alone. I think that suicide shouldn't be hindered by other people wanting you to be alive as your life should be yours alone to control
I think that if you have loved ones it's not selfish (you're not responsible for how anyone feels) but it is if you have dependents because they rely on you.

Reactions: floralheaddress and Joker2003
Joker2003

Joker2003

Feb 15, 2024
It really disgusts me how humans so selfishly procreate even know existence is literally nothing but suffering with no limit as to how much agony one can feel yet they wish to make existence into a prison where one cannot peacefully escape on their own terms, it's even worse than selfish it's beyond evil and those people just create so much harm.

The tragedy is how this human species hasn't gone voluntarily extinct yet as if one never existed then they wouldn't even need to die in the first place. In fact they wouldn't have any need for anything, they'd simply not exist and be incapable of suffering for all eternity, only non-existence is desirable and only never existing is true perfection.
I think that some people (especially those with a family history of physical or mental illness) should reconsider having children. For example, Huntington's disease is EXTREMELY hereditary. If one parent has Huntington's then there is a 50 percent chance that any child they have will also have the disease. The only reason the disease still exists is because people with it continue to have children. These children have a guaranteed 50 percent chance of suffering and dying early.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic and sserafim
CTBKnight

CTBKnight

Taking the path of least resistance
Feb 20, 2024
Yeah, I 100% agree. People didn't consent to be alive. I still hold the position that suicide should always be the last resort and should be avoided as much as possible, it's not a good thing, but personal autonomy does matter, and if that is the only way out I respect that choice. I do think that euthanasia should be available to people with confirmed mental and or physical issues. I do agree with the arguments above that if you have people dependant on you it definitely could be selfish, but you are not responsible for how anyone feels.

Reactions: Joker2003 and sserafim