AtomicWaffles

AtomicWaffles

hxppy thxughts
Dec 15, 2023
It's the funniest and annoying thing ever I swear, all this bullshit about banning SaSu clearly shows that they haven't taken 5 minutes to think "hmm, maybe if we take them down, it will put suicidal people in more danger and harm?" They don't seem to realize this site is doing a great thing for people that would otherwise be suffering EVEN MORE without it, and they like to stop on in here and stalk us and make posts about it so to any of the people pushing for this site to go down, go fuck yourself. Makes my blood boil

Reactions: Salmon can't swim, Daxter_87, Rogue Proxy and 16 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If they love life so much then they should just go and enjoy it, other people's personal decisions are simply nothing to do with them, they should just mind their own business. The right to die is a human right anyway, none of us are obligated to continue existing.

• Love
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, Daxter_87, Peerless_Cucumber and 6 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Pro-Lifers still view this forum as a website that encourages ctb outright without the respect for the choice of individual. This forum had done a lot for many here and I don't see why it would be beneficial to take down oh but I know, they want to take it down to feel good about themselves and believe that taking this site down will automatically cause a drop in suicides and people getting help and finding the means to have their problems solved, going on to live happy lives that they would've otherwise missed out on.

• Love
Reactions: LifeCouldBeADream and AtomicWaffles
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
I've seen so many articles and videos about how ss is "encouraging the young to die" and yet I havent seen a single person doing so. Plus, i dont know how about you guys, but if i hadnt found this website then i would have died in a very brutal way, like jumping under a train or something. This website deifnitely changed some of my thinking, but not for the worse.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, Peerless_Cucumber, ijustwishtodie and 6 others
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I don't think these people see the true point of SaSu; they believe that people are killing themselves because of this forum. No. They would've done it anyway because when you're set on ctb, there's hardly anything that'll change it unless the change of mind comes from them, not by SaSu being taken down. They'll continue to feel suicidal.

• Love
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, ijustwishtodie, Ash’Girl and 2 others
Heem wasnt there

Heem wasnt there

Missing You
Dec 8, 2023
I don't think these people see the true point of SaSu; they believe that people are killing themselves because of this forum. No. They would've done it anyway because when you're set on ctb, there's hardly anything that'll change it unless the change of mind comes from them, not by SaSu being taken down. They'll continue to feel suicidal.
Exactly. If people want to fix the widespread suicidal ideation and depression, then do that. But taking down sites like this just further isolates people who feel that way. It doesn't fix the issue, and arguably can make it worse.

Reactions: Salmon can't swim, mob, Ash’Girl and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I find it annoying how they are more focused on shutting down this site instead of being focused towards doing actual shit that would aid in their goal of "suicide prevention". It's like they think this site is a major factor in people committing suicide and that if they eliminate it then there would be some huge decrease in suicide rates across the globe.

I personally believe that everyone over the age of 18 should have the right to end their life if they so please. I do think there should be some exceptions, such as those who are raising children since that would traumatize them, but most adults should be allowed to do as they please with their lives and that includes ending it.

With that in mind, if I were to put myself in the shoes of a pro-lifer who wanted to prevent suicides, then I'd probably be more focused on fixing aspects of society in order to prevent suicides instead of coming after some random forum. You can takedown SaSu and it wouldn't make a difference. People go on to this forum because they are usually suicidal and, in a lot of cases, are looking to find effective methods to end it all. Getting rid of this forum isn't going to change this. All that will happen is that people will go elsewhere to seek out this info or they will just do whatever and hope they don't survive and become permenantly disabled.

They could easily focus all their attention on trying to find ways to make mental healthcare more accessible and improve it's quality, finding ways to provide more social services for those apart of vunerable demographics (the poor, disabled, poc, lgbtq+ people, the abused, etc), trying to promote changes in the way we view and treat children, etc. But then again, why do all of that when you can instead set up a bunch of shitty suicide prevention hotlines that don't have any evidence backing up their effectiveness and whine about an online forum that isn't even responsible for anyone deciding to take their own life and if anything provides suicidal people with a place to talk openly about their feelings.

At the end of the day, pro-lifers aren't actually pro-life. Just like people who are against abortions, all they care about is controlling others, not about the lives of others. They try to keep you from committing suicide and once that's all done they move on. They don't give a shit about what's going on in your life, they don't give a shit about your well-being, and they are rarely concerned about changing different aspects of our society and culture in order to make this world a better place for everyone to live. Why advocate for systematic and societal change when it's easier to use SaSu as a scapegoat?

It's about control for them. They don't actually give a shit. They just want want control over others, whether that be for religious reasons, to feed their own egos, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Daxter_87, dreamingofrest, AtomicWaffles and 2 others
Ash’Girl

Ash’Girl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
There is a need for SaSu as evidenced by the amount of people here. If they did manage to shut the site down (don't think they will) another site would pop up to fill the gap.

If this site was coercing / actively encouraging people to ctb I wouldn't like it either because I do believe that there are people who, in a moment of desperation in response to a stand-alone traumatic life event, seek an impulsive end when a little time and perspective might make them feel better. It's not for me to judge, gatekeep or assess that though. And I've only ever seen people who post asking for advice on methods that are impulsive and not thought out encouraged to rethink their decision - many people do say things akin to "it's ok to wait and think things through, deciding this second upon your exit strategy isn't needed, don't rush it" etc.

I think most of us here have what I think of as chronic suicidality and the wish to end it all for our own reasons is fairly well thought out. It's just the SI, lack of accessible methods and risk factors that give us pause, but whilst trying to cope with life as it is this space gives those of us with thoughts shunned by society at large a space to voice all the things you're not supposed to talk about. It's honestly vital, in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Clut, dreamingofrest and AtomicWaffles
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
It's the funniest and annoying thing ever I swear, all this bullshit about banning SaSu clearly shows that they haven't taken 5 minutes to think "hmm, maybe if we take them down, it will put suicidal people in more danger and harm?" They don't seem to realize this site is doing a great thing for people that would otherwise be suffering EVEN MORE without it, and they like to stop on in here and stalk us and make posts about it so to any of the people pushing for this site to go down, go fuck yourself. Makes my blood boil
Agree 100%. Free speech and information is more important than any one life or one ideology. There is no religion higher than truth.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
They don't care if we suffer or not. Reducing our suffering was never their motive or concern to begin with. All they care about is forcing us to live for as long as possible

S

SMG08ABUSER

I got no iPhone
Dec 20, 2023
I really hope this forum doesn't get taken down. I'm so tired of hearing cliches and meaningless platitudes on other websites. This the only place I feel truly at home.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988