wtfislife

wtfislife

Sep 12, 2023
So I've been quite suicidal for a few years now. Passively for 10+ but actively planning for 2. I agree that it's inhumane to not give most humans the option to catch their bus. But realistically we'll never go from euthanasia for terminally ill persons being illegal, to OTC nembutal. What do you feel are some reasonable regulations for legal assisted suicide?

For example, imo a perfectly healthy adult in most cases
should not be permitted assisted suicide if they have children under 18.

Reactions: Sleeper System
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
If I ruled the world It would go as follows:

Assisted CTB is not an option for anyone under 30 years of age.
You will be allowed to register to have the option after age 29
and go through minor medical and pschological evaluation leading up to 30.
You will surrender all autonomy and will relinquish your organic material for public use IE organ transplants or study etc. The method of death will be standardized in a way that will allow society to get the most benifet out of your untimely death as well as a painless and humane end.

Anyone who does not register to CTB at 30 will not be eligable to do so in 10 year incriments leading up to 60 years old. After 60, you may request assisted CTB without registration and will be able to dispose of there corpse as they see fit.

Exceptions will be made in rare cases such as terminal illness or disability.
I suppose there will have to be like a reward to incentives those who live.
Like free healthcare and housing etc. O_O

Greyscale

Greyscale

Sep 19, 2023
I've toyed with this idea and its concept; however, it didn't seem to get much traction.

This is what I posted in my prior thread when I was discussing this topic.

If you could, how would you regulate euthanasia?

Personally, I believe that people should be eligible for euthanasia if they met specific requirments.

The first requirement I would propose would be that the person would have to be diagnosed with a mental health disorder that is causing them immense suffering.

The second requirement would be to monitor this person, and watch them go through therapy for a single year.

After those two requirements are met, the person will be eligible to be euthanized within a few weeks.
I understand that waiting 1-2 years to finish these requirements may sound unethical, however I think it is important to give people that want to die a final chance. I feel like this concept at a "Final Chance" is also beneficial due to the fact that it has the potential to save lives, while also having the potential of not being scrutinized for wanting to die because that person took that final chance.

These two requirements should, in theory, also prevent the devaluation of human life, to some degree.

My biggest worry with euthanasian and physician-assisted suicide is that it will devalue human life. Doctors and other health care providers might begin to push euthanasia as an alternative to more treatable things, such as back pain. In theory, they would do this because they wouldn't want to spend the time, money, and resources treating the problem and instead will opt to extinguish it entirely.

wtfislife

wtfislife

Sep 12, 2023

You will surrender all autonomy and will relinquish your organic material for public use IE organ transplants or study etc. The method of death will be standardized in a way that will allow society to get the most benifet out of your untimely death as well as a painless and humane end.

Anyone who does not register to CTB at 30 will not be eligable to do so in 10 year incriments leading up to 60 years old. After 60, you may request assisted CTB without registration and will be able to dispose of there corpse as they see fit.

These are all great

These are all very reasonable regulations IMHO. Sleeper for president! Lol

My only criticism is every 10 years for re registering. Why? So much can happen in 10 years, someone's quality of life can reduce dramatically, overnight in some cases.
I've toyed with this idea and its concept; however, it didn't seem to get much traction.

This is what I posted in my prior thread when I was discussing this topic.
I knew there had to be this type of discussion somewhere on the forum. I'm surprised it didn't gain much traction, it seems like a very relevant topic. The most realistic way to approach the idea of euthanasia would be to have some form of regulation. I like the idea of a final chance, it ensures that people aren't "using a permanent solution for a temporary problem" in cases where someone may have hope yo recover. But for those who genuinely have too poor quality of life to be granted assisted suicide

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand the people who believe it's their place to make the decision for others, as after all none of us consented to being here and we are the only ones experiencing our existence, not other people.
If one wishes to cease existing on their own terms then that's their right, they aren't obligated to continue existing and they should be able to do so in a peaceful and guaranteed way without any risks, complications, suicide method research and fear of other people interferring.
I would see it as so incredibly cruel to want to deny that from someone, as just because some people value and worship life doesn't mean that other people should have to delay their inevitable fate.
In my case I see suicide itself as rational to prevent all future suffering possibilites in an existence where we are just waiting around to die anyway.
Death cannot be "bad" as after all only the existing are capable of suffering, not the dead and wanting to take control over our inevitable fate in an existence we were so cruelly burdened with is always a valid way to feel.

Reactions: TheDog_, heavyeyes and 4am
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
If I ruled the world.
1. Voluntary purchase transaction has to be respected. nembutal assisted suicide services legal without regulations or restrictions. Only one I'll agree to so they don't use that gateway to enslave all of us is over 18 to purchase.

In this case then anyone could purchase 19 grams nembutal for around $20 including shipping legally with proof of age no prescription required. This is how much it would cost if they allowed companies to sell it produce it and compete on price.

They used this gateway " to protect children" to take away all our rights.

Any adult should be allowed to purchase any product or service intended for personal use including for suicide.

They can make anything illegal by concentrating on very rare cases of something bad happening. This is how they are trying to censor the Internet more and eliminate sites like this one: "a child might see it ".

Last edited:
Reactions: heavyeyes