swanchild

swanchild

the little mermaid
Jul 28, 2024
So naturally I drank it. Seems like only old and sick people die from listeria but I thought it was worth a shot. I also didn't check if that specific UPC code was the one that got recalled so it's Schrodinger's box. Anyway guess I might just get a stomach flu for a bit LOL I tried

• Hugs
Reactions: cosimaniehaus, Beyond_Repair, CatLvr and 2 others
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
Funny, I was just looking for your long thread to see how you might be doing.

Almond milk = means you are vegetarian or vegan?

And I must ask: How does one "milk" an almond? Breaks my brain how they manage that

Reactions: GuessWhosBack and swanchild
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
Not sure why exactly you'd want to give yourself a stomach bug and diarrhea but good luck with that

Reactions: Nefera and swanchild
swanchild

swanchild

the little mermaid
Jul 28, 2024
Funny, I was just looking for your long thread to see how you might be doing.

Almond milk = means you are vegetarian or vegan?

And I must ask: How does one "milk" an almond? Breaks my brain how they manage that
Nah I love whole milk it's just all we had in our fridge. I was vegan for a long time and am still opposed to factory farming but my entire philosophy has changed regarding the accessibility and importance of meats to native communities, the way we digest meat and how it gives us bioavailable nutrients, etc-- still mad respect for those who are vegetarian or vegan, what they say matters too and they are doing a good thing.

Sweet of you to check on me.

I'd like to know how to milk an almond too...
Not sure why exactly you'd want to give yourself a stomach bug and diarrhea but good luck with that
I'm bulimic anyways so it's bonus. The real bonus would have been dying 😂

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
Nah I love whole milk it's just all we had in our fridge. I was vegan for a long time and am still opposed to factory farming but my entire philosophy has changed regarding the accessibility and importance of meats to native communities, the way we digest meat and how it gives us bioavailable nutrients, etc
I wish I could buy you a half cows worth of meat sourced from regeneratively raised, CO2 negative farming, so we could see how you might feel after 90 days on a carnivore diet.

If I had a nickel for every testimonial I have seen from exvegans who completely reversed their mental health issues by repleting themselves with a carnivorous diet.

Then again... If memory serves, you had depressive symptoms since childhood, which likely preludes veganism.
Lifelong (since childhood) depression often indicates emotional neglect or inflammation (nutrition) causes.

I catch myself rambling.
Have you considered a (temporary) carnivore diet, or elimination diet?

See if I can match your prowess with black gallow humor:
Maybe you could even upgrade to botulism instead of wimpy little listeria bugs. Much higher chances of death that way.

• Yay!
Reactions: CatLvr, swanchild and MyTimeIsUp
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

The sun rises to insult me.
Jul 15, 2024
Hey, so I did some digging on this almond milk business and this is what I found.

It's a scam. It's not really milk guys. They just grind softened almonds and add stuff in it. The final product is like 10% almonds at most.

Very sorry to bear the bad news.

Reactions: CatLvr
C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
Goodness child!! I'll be honest -- I usually hope things go well for someone trying to ctb, but I gotta say I am hoping your almond milk was fine! 😬😬😬

And they milk almonds by soaking them in water and then compressing them. I made some once because I wanted to see if it tasted different without all the chemicals they add to the manufactured stuff. It was night and day. Plus my chickens liked the leftover almond bits.

• Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
swanchild

swanchild

the little mermaid
Jul 28, 2024
I wish I could buy you a half cows worth of meat sourced from regeneratively raised, CO2 negative farming, so we could see how you might feel after 90 days on a carnivore diet.

If I had a nickel for every testimonial I have seen from exvegans who completely reversed their mental health issues by repleting themselves with a carnivorous diet.

Then again... If memory serves, you had depressive symptoms since childhood, which likely preludes veganism.
Lifelong (since childhood) depression often indicates emotional neglect or inflammation (nutrition) causes.

I catch myself rambling.
Have you considered a (temporary) carnivore diet, or elimination diet?

See if I can match your prowess with black gallow humor:
Maybe you could even upgrade to botulism instead of wimpy little listeria bugs. Much higher chances of death that way.
No I completely hear you! I've watched the transformations on YouTube, it's astounding how much more life comes back into their faces.

Ah yes, fermented potatoes. Botulism will be the next try

• Wow
C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
No I completely hear you! I've watched the transformations on YouTube, it's astounding how much more life comes back into their faces.

Ah yes, fermented potatoes. Botulism will be the next try
OMG!! DON'T!! I had a relative nearly die from botulism poisoning. It's a HORRIBLE way to go!!

Plus, it's only fatal about 10% of the time (I'm assuming that means with treatment -- which you will get if someone finds you. 🤷)

I don't know that I can fully convey the pain my relative was in when we found her, and the neurological problems she had for the rest of her life were also awful.

I honestly think you are the first person here I've tried to talk about of their method if ctb. I don't want to envision the suffering you will bring on yourself. I've gotten kind of fond of you. 😉 Besides, it was your posts that had me rolling when I first got here -- gallows humor and sarcasm are my love languages! 😉

• Love
Reactions: swanchild
swanchild

swanchild

the little mermaid
Jul 28, 2024
OMG!! DON'T!! I had a relative nearly die from botulism poisoning. It's a HORRIBLE way to go!!

Plus, it's only fatal about 10% of the time (I'm assuming that means with treatment -- which you will get if someone finds you. 🤷)

I don't know that I can fully convey the pain my relative was in when we found her, and the neurological problems she had for the rest of her life were also awful.

I honestly think you are the first person here I've tried to talk about of their method if ctb. I don't want to envision the suffering you will bring on yourself. I've gotten kind of fond of you. 😉 Besides, it was your posts that had me rolling when I first got here -- gallows humor and sarcasm are my love languages! 😉
Omg so honestly story time. I got diagnosed with ocd BECAUSE of botulism. I was convinced that not only did I have it that but I gave it to my elderly neighbour. I wasn't afraid of getting it myself (though like you said I am afraid of neurological effects.) But I was convinced I gave my elderly neighbour botulism.

You see, I homebrewed a batch of alcohol in my room with sugar and turbo yeast. I made a few different kinds. However gas from carbonation can build up if you don't have it properly penetrated to let air out and in. It even comes down to PH level and I was freaking out so bad because basically I did literally everything possible to make botulism and I'm to this day not convinced I didn't as the bottle had inflated, which I thought was just gas buildup and normal.

So here I was for 2 weeks knocking on my neighbour's door every morning, couldn't sleep, calling poison control, going to the doctor. Finally they were like "here's some ativan" and my mom threw out my yeast so I couldn't make any more potential botulism. And poison control asked me to please stop calling.

Honestly it is one of my deepest regrets, I'm joking about it lightheartedly but I do take it very seriously. I should not have shared crudely made homemade alcohol with my neighbour, not to mention it was like 30%.

But yes, botulism is very very very very very very VERY scary and while I made a joke about it I take it seriously and wouldn't intentionally do that-- not to mention even the gasses are dangerous!

• Yay!
qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Student
Jul 27, 2024
So naturally I drank it. Seems like only old and sick people die from listeria but I thought it was worth a shot. I also didn't check if that specific UPC code was the one that got recalled so it's Schrodinger's box. Anyway guess I might just get a stomach flu for a bit LOL I tried
I don't mean to be insensitive, but this made me laugh. Just because I can relate to passive, half-assed suicide attempts like this.

One time I read an article about some poor young woman who died from choking on chewing gum when she slept, so I started chewing gum in bed for about a year. Also, I always take showers when there are thunderstorms haha

C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
The Big Bang Theory Reba GIF by CBS
Omg so honestly story time. I got diagnosed with ocd BECAUSE of botulism. I was convinced that not only did I have it that but I gave it to my elderly neighbour. I wasn't afraid of getting it myself (though like you said I am afraid of neurological effects.) But I was convinced I gave my elderly neighbour botulism.

You see, I homebrewed a batch of alcohol in my room with sugar and turbo yeast. I made a few different kinds. However gas from carbonation can build up if you don't have it properly penetrated to let air out and in. It even comes down to PH level and I was freaking out so bad because basically I did literally everything possible to make botulism and I'm to this day not convinced I didn't as the bottle had inflated, which I thought was just gas buildup and normal.

So here I was for 2 weeks knocking on my neighbour's door every morning, couldn't sleep, calling poison control, going to the doctor. Finally they were like "here's some ativan" and my mom threw out my yeast so I couldn't make any more potential botulism. And poison control asked me to please stop calling.

Honestly it is one of my deepest regrets, I'm joking about it lightheartedly but I do take it very seriously. I should not have shared crudely made homemade alcohol with my neighbour, not to mention it was like 30%.

But yes, botulism is very very very very very very VERY scary and while I made a joke about it I take it seriously and wouldn't intentionally do that-- not to mention even the gasses are dangerous!
Ok!! That's it -- no ctb until I approve! You had me hook, line and sinker! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And why did the system put my gif up there when my cursor was down here???? 🤨

Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
@CatLvr While we are on the topic of black gallow humor...

I think the ethical thing to do here is to start a go-fund-me for our girl here, so she can get a sarcopod or at least nitrogen tank.

There is a very real chance that someone who tries to get listeria and actually domesticates botulism bugs for kicks and giggles could start a legit zombie apocalypse.
Not only willful bacteria exposure, but also a unique talent for surviving them.

• Yay!
Reactions: swanchild and CatLvr
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Nah I love whole milk it's just all we had in our fridge. I was vegan for a long time and am still opposed to factory farming but my entire philosophy has changed regarding the accessibility and importance of meats to native communities, the way we digest meat and how it gives us bioavailable nutrients, etc-- still mad respect for those who are vegetarian or vegan, what they say matters too and they are doing a good thing.
Just wanted to say respect for being vegan for a long time. I'm a vegetarian and would be vegan if it didn't take so much planning and conscientiousness to get the right amount of nutrients. I've looked into it and it seems very difficult lol.

Reactions: swanchild
C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
@CatLvr While we are on the topic of black gallow humor...

I think the ethical thing to do here is to start a go-fund-me for our girl here, so she can get a sarcopod or at least nitrogen tank.

There is a very real chance that someone who tries to get listeria and actually domesticates botulism bugs for kicks and giggles could start a legit zombie apocalypse.
Not only willful bacteria exposure, but also a unique talent for surviving them.
Roftlmao!! You know, you might be onto something!!

Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
Just wanted to say respect for being vegan for a long time. I'm a vegetarian and would be vegan if it didn't take so much planning and conscientiousness to get the right amount of nutrients. I've looked into it and it seems very difficult lol.
It's not that difficult because some stuff is fortified with B12 (most non-cow milk is), cereals are fortified as well.

Or you can be like me and constant go back and forth between vegan and vegetarian lol.

Cow milk for me was easy to ditch, as I never liked the taste or the smell very much.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
It's not that difficult because some stuff is fortified with B12 (most non-cow milk is), cereals are fortified as well.

Or you can be like me and constant go back and forth between vegan and vegetarian lol.

Cow milk for me was easy to ditch, as I never liked the taste or the smell very much.
The thing I think would be hardest for me is ditching eggs - that's like my main source of protein. But yeah I'm sure there are ways to make it work easily especially if you cook regularly, which I don't lol

I also don't like the smell/taste of cow milk so almond and oat milk is my go to. Cheese I imagine would be very difficult though

swanchild

swanchild

the little mermaid
Jul 28, 2024
The thing I think would be hardest for me is ditching eggs - that's like my main source of protein. But yeah I'm sure there are ways to make it work easily especially if you cook regularly, which I don't lol

I also don't like the smell/taste of cow milk so almond and oat milk is my go to. Cheese I imagine would be very difficult though
See this was one thing I never understood. I live on a farm and there are eggs everywhere. I don't understand why it's so bad to eat a chicken period lest it rot? Why is that unethical?

We also don't harm anything on our farm, it's just a hobby farm with animals that are loved 💕

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr and Beyond_Repair
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
See this was one thing I never understood. I live on a farm and there are eggs everywhere. I don't understand why it's so bad to eat a chicken period lest it rot? Why is that unethical?

We also don't harm anything on our farm, it's just a hobby farm with animals that are loved 💕
That's awesome, I think the issue is with knowing that the chickens are raised in a happy, healthy environment and not in a factory farm. Which is hard to know for sure unless you have your own coop or know someone with a coop.