dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
I kind of feel like I fucked up and made my situation even worse. I've talked to multiple people in real life about my desire to CTB. Including family, school friends, teachers, psychologists. I've talked about it in a way as if I didn't know how much longer I was going to live and that I could kill myself anytime. I regret doing that because now I feel like I've got even more pressure to do it because otherwise it feels like they think I just did it for attention. Anyone got similar thoughts/in a similar situation?

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
i think i've felt that way before. i think people know that saying u want to ctb is a way to express ur misery and don't actually expect u to do it. if everyone who was suicidal did it world population would be a lot less

Reactions: Aim and dmdmdm
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think you did anything bad by sharing your thoughts with people close to you, but it may have landed you in a difficult situation. Not because of your actions, but because of stigma and intolerance around suicide most people have.

It may feel like they think certain things, but you can't really know for sure what goes on in their heads. This is something I had to unlearn too, because I would constantly stress myself out by picturing what someone else might think if I do something I deem as embarrassing or inappropriate.

In reality, most people are way less judgmental than we think they are. We are our own most harsh critics sometimes. I doubt they will think of you in a way you described, especially your family. They're probably a lot more sympathetic.

I'm sorry this situation made you feel pressured to CTB. I hope it gets better and you feel less of it soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: dmdmdm