A

Alf

Oct 20, 2020
Wikipedia article on hanging says that about 11 lb (5 kg) of pressure is required to compress the carotid artery; 4.4 lb (2 kg) for the jugular veins;[8] and at least 15 kg (33 lb) for the airway.

Does that mean if 15 kg of pressure is provided and airways are obstrcuted it would also compress the carotid artery leading to quick unconsciousness, thus cancelling the pain associated with suffocation?

Reactions: death137
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
I don't know what exactly you're asking but this is how I'm gonna answer based on what I understood: if smaller pressure is required to block arteries then what takes to block the airways will surely be enough to get the job done.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Your goal should be to block the vein and artery but not the airway. This leads to quick loss of consciousness while still being able to breath. If you're confused you can give it a try... just make sure you put your weight in all at once vs easing in

Reactions: Midnight-rain, sadworld and TheGoodGuy
A

Alf

Oct 20, 2020
I don't know what exactly you're asking but this is how I'm gonna answer based on what I understood: if smaller pressure is required to block arteries then what takes to block the airways will surely be enough to get the job done.

Yeah, but my question is when the job gets done from carotid artery compression, if there is airway blockage, will unconsciousness ensure that no pain from suffocation is felt?

OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
Yeah, but my question is when the job gets done from carotid artery compression, if there is airway blockage, will unconsciousness ensure that no pain from suffocation is felt?
From my experience: as long as I kept my Adam's apple without pressure, going unconscious was pretty easy. Placing the knot above it did the trick for me. If you're gonna be unconscious then u won't feel any pain for sure

Last edited:
Reactions: Predestinated
A

Alf

Oct 20, 2020
From my experience: as long as I kept my Adam's apple without pressure, going unconscious was pretty easy. Placing the knot above it did the trick for me. If you're gonna be unconscious then u won't feel any pain for sure

Did your airway get obstructed or had any trouble breathing before fainting?

OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
Did your airway get obstructed or had any trouble breathing before fainting?
I did full so yes it was difficult to breathe but it wasn't uncomfortable because I started to faint a lot sooner. Just have some air in your lungs before that