S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
Do you worry about the media publishing your suicide and your details ?
Where im from it's quite common for the media to pick up on suicide cases.
I wouldn't want mine to be I know that much.

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
It is best not to be concerned about what will happen after you die because many things are traditional in our society and will occur regardless of whether we consent or not.

While you are still alive, focus on yourself and the aspects of your life that are under your control.

Postmortem matters are unimportant.

• Hugs
Reactions: FollowHim and stuckinthemud
Upvote 0
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
I really wouldn't mind at all. It would give this boring ass perfect town some spice. However, they will probably report my suicide as an accident.

Reactions: stuckinthemud and breezeboy
Upvote 0
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Ehh I don't care what they do. Insufferable bastards

• Hugs
Reactions: donsie and stuckinthemud
Upvote 0
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
But you'd be famous 🤗, besides news passes quickly though anyway given that I'm guessing yours would be local press.
Haha and yes most likely local, some make national depending on the circumstances and person/s involved.

Upvote 0

Jan 13, 2024
In my country they stopped to do it. You need to do something extreme to get to the news feed.

I heard they are afraid of "Werter effect"

Reactions: stuckinthemud
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
But it isn't like anybody who no longer exists could be there to experience anything anyway. Whatever happens in this world after one is gone could never be their concern. We will all die anyway no matter what happens and by that point all will be forgotten about.

Upvote 0
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I dont think anything good comes out of publishing a sucide in media really, unless its for highlighting something that would be beneficial, I feel like its almost disrespectful to publish someones death just to publish it. Just to make up another story in media.

Upvote 0
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
It's a chance I'll make local news when I ctb just because I live in a small town. Even with my plans to ctb far away it's such a small area that once they receive news about my death it'll make the newspaper.

I don't care though, people just want drama and stuff to talk about. It's not like there's any true care anyone will have.

• Hugs
Reactions: breezeboy
Upvote 0
F

FollowHim

Jan 14, 2024
Might depend on where you live, but often the press don't mention nobodies committing suicide, because it has a contageous effect. If you're a celebrity however, they might mention it unless they can pin it on something else like "drug overdose" and a lecture about "be careful, kids, this stuff is dangerous".

Reactions: FieCher
Upvote 0