T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
I'm considering the use of SN in the near future, probably September.. well surely this year.

So I've been thinking, would drinking a solution of water and salt be able to sorta train me in order not to vomit all the SN?

I don't really have anything holding me in this world, all I want is to listen to my favourite band's new album and have a drink with my friends for the last time.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, アホペンギン and conarc
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I'm considering the use of SN in the near future, probably September.. well surely this year.

So I've been thinking, would drinking a solution of water and salt be able to sorta train me in order not to vomit all the SN?

I don't really have anything holding me in this world, all I want is to listen to my favourite band's new album and have a drink with my friends for the last time.
Interesting idea. Sounds like a plan.

Reactions: TheMetalhead
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yeah, thats exactly what I'm doing at the moment, drinking water and salt to prepare myself for the SN. Just stop doing it a little bit before SN because it can cause some problems and unpleasant side effects.

Reactions: conarc
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Yeah, thats exactly what I'm doing at the moment, drinking water and salt to prepare myself for the SN. Just stop doing it a little bit before SN because it can cause some problems and unpleasant side effects.
Sure thing, that's what I will do then. Thank you for the input.

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
D

Deleted member 65988

I didn't think Salt would ever come close to emulating the taste of SN but it terms of bitterness, it's close I guess. Good luck to you on that. I was thinking September as well but we'll see how certain things unfold in the meantime.

T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
I didn't think Salt would ever come close to emulating the taste of SN but it terms of bitterness, it's close I guess. Good luck to you on that. I was thinking September as well but we'll see how certain things unfold in the meantime.
I just heard it's really salty, O Grand Daimyo-dono.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I tried Glauber's salt once to get an idea of that salty taste - it really tastes disgusting. I don't know if it's a good idea to train yourself to drink it. It could also have the opposite effect, irritating your stomach or making you feel extremely disgusted by it.

Reactions: theEndCH, LonelyKitten, Deleted member 65988 and 1 other person
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
I tried Glauber's salt once to get an idea of that salty taste - it really tastes disgusting. I don't know if it's a good idea to train yourself to drink it. It could also have the opposite effect, irritating your stomach or making you feel extremely disgusted by it.
I think I just want to kinda get gist of that I'm going to be putting myself through. I've drank sea water before but that's a rather big stretch compared to SN.

D

Deleted member 65988

Actually some people have described as close to seasalt, someone once said car tire which was surprising and I don't know how they know to describe such a taste.
I think I just want to kinda get gist of that I'm going to be putting myself through. I've drank sea water before but that's a rather big stretch compared to SN.
How bad is it though, on a scale of 1-10.

SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
Ok, that's certainly fine. I don't think it tastes much worse than seawater - at least that's how some here on SaSu have described it. Let's just hope we can get it down when the time comes.
Actually some people have described as close to seasalt, someone once said car tire which was surprising and I don't know how they know to describe such a taste.

How bad is it though, on a scale of 1-10.
I would say very strong undiluted - 8. Then added more water and then I could already drink it well. It also tasted rather bitter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

I would say very strong undiluted - 8. Then added more water and then I could already drink it well. It also tasted rather bitter.
an 8 is pretty bad, part of me wants to try it since the most bitter thing I have access to is Himalayan salt and bicarbonate of soda and I tried them both of them at once.

Wait @TheMetalHead when did you try seawater and how bad was it?

• Informative
Reactions: SenseOfLoss
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Wait @TheMetalHead when did you try seawater and how bad was it?
I tried sea water when I was on vacation in Egypt, Croatia, Turkey, Italy and Poland, I'd say the water in Egypt was the worst, wouldn't say it's more than 5 tho, it's really bearable. Pretty much every time I'm swimming in a new sea I try to taste it with a cup :P. Just my weirdness

D

Deleted member 65988

I tried sea water when I was on vacation in Egypt, Croatia, Turkey, Italy and Poland, I'd say the water in Egypt was the worst, wouldn't say it's more than 5 tho, it's really bearable. Pretty much every time I'm swimming in a new sea I try to taste it with a cup :P. Just my weirdness
If its a 5 at best then it didn't sound that bad for you. Its crazy that you do that but each of their own.

Death_or_Coffee

Death_or_Coffee

Far better rest I go to than I have ever known.
Aug 24, 2023
This made me laugh. That's pretty darn odd, but also why not I guess? You're like the connoisseur of the finest sea waters. Honestly don't know anybody else who can say that.

• Yay!
Reactions: LonelyKitten
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
This made me laugh. That's pretty darn odd, but also why not I guess? You're like the connoisseur of the finest sea waters. Honestly don't know anybody else who can say that.
Oi, the saltier it is, the better to swimm in. innit? ;)

• Yay!
Reactions: Death_or_Coffee