• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I just remembered a thought I had in my teens. Adults were always trying to get you think about (and tell them...they LOVE making you tell them) your plans for adulthood. At least, when I was a kid. I'm not around them much now, so I don't know if this is still a thing? I know I've never done it to kids; even relative ones.But when I was a young I didn't think about adulthood, except for fantasy stuff I was pretty sure even I realized was just fantasy. My feeling was always, "leave me alone!", when they did this. One day though, while a teen in the 1980s, I thought about the turn of the Century. Giving it thought I kind of made a big deal out of it in my mind. What would it mean for all of us? Will it be a marked difference? Will we finally have flying cars? Then it occurred to me that I'd be 30! My thought after that was, "I'll be well out of youth, and well into adulthood at 30. What will my life be like being 30?" Conventional wisdom says I should of had all sorts of thoughts on this. But I didn't. I drew a complete blank. I saw the image from the lectures from adults. Job, shelter, and bills. Taking care of one's self. But it wasn't of me. It was so one dementional. Totally "stock" images. Like on paper, and just as lacking in depth. The images being of other people, and a cursory professional photo shoot, like for a pamphlet that adults might have handed me to pound the point they were making home. I realize I never had thoughts on my life outside of my fanasy one. Only when I became an adult did it include some reality, and now I can see I was fooling myself.

Reactions: Funkbunny and Soul