hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
For the past few hours I've been 'practicing' hanging and I feel like I just do everything wrong. As per the suicide wiki, there's tips that make it easier and it also recommends practicing tightening a ligature around your neck to 'learn to enjoy the high', I guess they're talking about the same high some people do for the auto-erotic whatever play, but I don't know if I'm built different or anatomically challenged (I'm 6ft and around 76kg/168lbs) because I don't feel any 'high'. I'm just giving myself a headache. Urgh.. I know it would be easier to just stand on something and step off fully suspended so I can't go back but all the anchor points I have make partial easier and more accessible.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
You have to get the noose in a certain position and apply enough force. Its different for everyone. The high comes from restricting the carotid arteries which quickly causes unconsciousness. The headache comes from restricting the veins which are shallower than the arteries. Try searching carotid arteries for more info but its trial and error and luck

Reactions: hfdepression30 and voyager
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
You have to get the noose in a certain position and apply enough force. Its different for everyone. The high comes from restricting the carotid arteries which quickly causes unconsciousness. The headache comes from restricting the veins which are shallower than the arteries. Try searching carotid arteries for more info but its trial and error and luck
I think my carotid arteries are maybe difficult to find or apply pressure to.. I saw one exercise to find them before which said about putting your hands at the back of your head, thumbs in the gap under your jaw and apply pressure to where you feel the pulse but I don't know if for me they're deeper or harder to locate or whether I just didn't apply enough pressure but I felt like I was pushing pretty hard

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I wish I could help but I'm probably the most pathetic person in the world when it comes to hanging.
I've failed 3 times and instead of passing out I only got the feeling of a exploding head lol

Reactions: hfdepression30
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I wish I could help but I'm probably the most pathetic person in the world when it comes to hanging.
I've failed 3 times and instead of passing out I only got the feeling of a exploding head lol
Relatable. I didn't even feel close to passing out and I thought I had applied a reasonable amount of pressure. I got the same feeling and I'm just left with a headache now.. maybe I should OD on some paracetamol or aspirin before the next try

Also it makes me wonder if that's why a lot of coroner reports specify either hypoxic brain injury (which I assume is from the compressed carotids) or asphyxiation from not being able to breathe. I rarely see both causes on a report and I've gone through a lot on judiciary.uk

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife