Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
I am hoping to gather some practical information. I've been researching, and right now, the two most reliable methods seem to be a shotgun through the mouth or inert gas/exit bag. I have zero experience with guns or gas tanks/regulators, so there's that. Looking for info. or even someone in my area (Texas) to meet to discuss logistics. (I realize this is not a "partner" thread, but I hope I can get away with this comment. I am only looking for practical info. and/or guidance on how to use the method safely so that I don't harm others)
So, in keeping with a general thread here, anyone have information on either of these methods? I have the funds but want to spend them wisely. I'm thinking a shotgun in my mouth sounds pretty fool-proof as long as I make sure it's steady before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Regarding guns, if you don't have experience, get some first. See if you can find a local shotgun range where you can rent time and get familiar with shotguns. Most ranges charge for time and ammo, and have range guns you can pay a fee to rent, so take an hour or two to get familiar and make sure you're comfortable with this method. Shotguns have a pretty hefty recoil, so make sure you think you can handle it and it doesn't bother you. When the time comes, if you use this method, in the mouth, not under the chin, and a slug round is reportedly best. (Buckshot is OK, don't try to CtB with birdshot.) After that, it's all a matter of aiming right and making sure you can handle the recoil so you hit the brain, rather than blowing off half your jaw. Not my method, but guns are a popular choice in the US, so it obviously works.

Regarding nitrogen, what specific questions do you have? It's my method, and I definitely overcomplicated it when I started, but it's pretty straight forward, and pretty well documented, but I'd be happy to help you out if you have questions. I'd suggest making sure you're OK with a plastic bag over your head, since some people reportedly find it disgusting, and that's the cheapest, easiest thing to check to make sure it's not a deal breaker.

Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
Thank you for the reply. I'm OK with a plastic bag over my head; I'm just afraid of doing it alone in case I convulse. I also don't feel comfortable with buying a tank and regulator because, although it is legal, I will clearly have no idea what the hell I am doing.

Reactions: Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Thank you for the reply. I'm OK with a plastic bag over my head; I'm just afraid of doing it alone in case I convulse. I also don't feel comfortable with buying a tank and regulator because, although it is legal, I will clearly have no idea what the hell I am doing.

People using this method who were concerned with death convulsions have used restraints of some kind - duct tape, rope and the like - but it doesn't seem to be necessary from reports by people who've witnessed this method in action. All the same, I've got bungees for my arms just to be safe.

In general, I've found getting this method pretty easy, and I don't think I'd touched a tank or regulator before myself (maybe once or twice in a chemistry lab) - they're not complicated.

Buy an inert gas tank (you can get one a bit bigger than a fire extinguisher, which should provide enough gas), and it's just like carrying a fire extinguisher around. Buy a CGA580 regulator or flow meter (which refers to the threading on the part that connects to the tank), and screw it onto the tank, then grab a wrench to tighten the connection up. Then attach a hose to the other outlet on your regulator or flow meter - you can get expensive inert gas hoses with the right threading, or just grab some PVC air tubing from Home Depot cheap -and clamp it on with a hose clamp. Make an exit bag, and you're just about good to go. (I'm waiting until go time to tape the hose up into my bag, transporting everything as components is easier.)

That's all it takes - twist the regulator or flowmeter onto the tank, attach one end of the hose to the regulator or flowmeter, tape the other end of the hose into your exit bag and you're ready. Took me maybe 5 minutes to make an exit bag, connecting all the parts now takes me like 60 seconds. Once I've got it all assembled, and I'm ready to go, I turn the valve on the tank to open, then turn the little handle on my flowmeter to the desired flow rate, gas starts flowing into my bag, and I'm catching my bus.

Other than a few simple steps for pulling down the bag properly, that's really all there is to it. Sounds more complicated than it is, really. You can check out the attached video, which is an old Exit video for helium, so it's not directly on point, but it's basically the same steps.

Attachments

• LiveLeak-dot-com-21242f905833-the_exit_bag.mp4.h264_base.mp4
    7.9 MB
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CURSED again, Nessa, nolongerhurting and 2 others
Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
People using this method who were concerned with death convulsions have used restraints of some kind - duct tape, rope and the like - but it doesn't seem to be necessary from reports by people who've witnessed this method in action. All the same, I've got bungees for my arms just to be safe.

In general, I've found getting this method pretty easy, and I don't think I'd touched a tank or regulator before myself (maybe once or twice in a chemistry lab) - they're not complicated.

Buy an inert gas tank (you can get one a bit bigger than a fire extinguisher, which should provide enough gas), and it's just like carrying a fire extinguisher around. Buy a CGA580 regulator or flow meter (which refers to the threading on the part that connects to the tank), and screw it onto the tank, then grab a wrench to tighten the connection up. Then attach a hose to the other outlet on your regulator or flow meter - you can get expensive inert gas hoses with the right threading, or just grab some PVC air tubing from Home Depot cheap -and clamp it on with a hose clamp. Make an exit bag, and you're just about good to go. (I'm waiting until go time to tape the hose up into my bag, transporting everything as components is easier.)

That's all it takes - twist the regulator or flowmeter onto the tank, attach one end of the hose to the regulator or flowmeter, tape the other end of the hose into your exit bag and you're ready. Took me maybe 5 minutes to make an exit bag, connecting all the parts now takes me like 60 seconds. Once I've got it all assembled, and I'm ready to go, I turn the valve on the tank to open, then turn the little handle on my flowmeter to the desired flow rate, gas starts flowing into my bag, and I'm catching my bus.

Other than a few simple steps for pulling down the bag properly, that's really all there is to it. Sounds more complicated than it is, really. You can check out the attached video, which is an old Exit video for helium, so it's not directly on point, but it's basically the same steps.
Can you provide a video that shows what you've just described? Maybe just a video of the equipment you've bought? Betty (as adorable as she is) is using a helium balloon tank which is simpler. Helium balloon tanks are useless for our purposes now, at least where I live. (USA) They have too much oxygen. I'd be purchasing a nitrogen tank. By the way, thank you for trying to help me with this.

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
the gun range here close to where i live, if you want to shoot there, you either have to
1) have your own gun
2) or bring a friend so that you can rent guns from them

they do that specifically to prevent people killing themselves at the gun range...

I specifically started shooting because i always thought that would be my method of CTB after my parents/dog died. Then I found this website and learned about SN, N...

Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
the gun range here close to where i live, if you want to shoot there, you either have to
1) have your own gun
2) or bring a friend so that you can rent guns from them

they do that specifically to prevent people killing themselves at the gun range...

I specifically started shooting because i always thought that would be my method of CTB after my parents/dog died. Then I found this website and learned about SN, N...
I'd never shoot myself at a gun range because of all the people I'd traumatize. That said, if I use a shotgun (with slugs?) aimed straight back or slightly upwards towards the brain stem...........it's almost fool-proof. I'd practice with the unloaded gun in my mouth quite a few times first.
As for Nembutal, that's clearly difficult to acquire. The sodium nitrate method is one I had not heard of before this site. It's sodium nitrate, correct? Do you have information on that method you can share?
Thank you.

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
I'd never shoot myself at a gun range because of all the people I'd traumatize. That said, if I use a shotgun (with slugs?) aimed straight back or slightly upwards towards the brain stem...........it's almost fool-proof. I'd practice with the unloaded gun in my mouth quite a few times first.
As for Nembutal, that's clearly difficult to acquire. The sodium nitrate method is one I had not heard of before this site. It's sodium nitrate, correct? Do you have information on that method you can share?
Thank you.
check out the SN mega thread on this website. The suicide wiki also has detailed info

Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
Your welcome...smile.
Smile?? Ha. ;) Meanwhile, I think SN is probably not the method for me. I can't get good antiemetics right now because I do not have insurance at the moment. But thank you for the info. I'm gonna stick with either a shotgun or inert gas........

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Smile?? Ha. ;) Meanwhile, I think SN is probably not the method for me. I can't get good antiemetics right now because I do not have insurance at the moment. But thank you for the info. I'm gonna stick with either a shotgun or inert gas........
I would go with the inert gas...definitely. Peaceful, simple, fast, clean...unfortunately you need good lungs. Hugs Bea.

Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
I would go with the inert gas...definitely. Peaceful, simple, fast, clean...unfortunately you need good lungs. Hugs Bea.
I'm concerned about not being found until my body has already started to stink in my apartment. So much trauma for other people. It seems going away somewhere and just shooting myself would be better. I'd be discovered by someone, of course, but the number of people I traumatize should be less. I'm so confused how to do this and be as un-selfish as possible, you know?

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Can you provide a video that shows what you've just described? Maybe just a video of the equipment you've bought?

I'll see what I can do, but between my time being short and wanting to protect my identity to at least some degree... that's not particularly likely.

Basically, I have a 20 cubic foot (cu ft) inert gas tank (filled with inert gas), a CGA 580 flowmeter/regulator, a length of tubing that fits the outlet valve on the flowmeter ("3/8 inch" hose), a "hose clamp" I probably don't need (small, adjustable metal ring thingy) and an exit bag. That's all that's required. Make sure it fits together, that you know how to set it up, and you should be good to go.

Betty (as adorable as she is) is using a helium balloon tank which is simpler. Helium balloon tanks are useless for our purposes now, at least where I live. (USA) They have too much oxygen. I'd be purchasing a nitrogen tank. By the way, thank you for trying to help me with this.

They're not actually that much more complicated. There's a "Betty Does Max Dog Nitrogen" video on YouTube (FinalExit channel) that shows her assembling that setup, which is basically how it works with a DIY setup, except that Max Dog Brewing provides all the parts, rather than having to source them yourself, and has handy labels on their gear to make it simpler and remove the need for math. They also use an attachment on their flowmeter that can be hang tightened, rather than requiring a wrench, and custom tubing that eliminates the need for hose clamps.

The difference between Max Dog and DIY is that Max Dog has already sourced all the materials, made it user friendly, and done the math for you, so it's practically ready to go out of the box. Building your own isn't fundamentally different, it's just a little more legwork and math - at the end of the day, you've got a tank, you're twisting a flowmeter/regulator onto it, attaching a hose to the flowmeter and putting the other end of the hose into an exit bag, but you've got to source all the stuff yourself, and do a few simple calculations, rather than having it done for you.
I'm concerned about not being found until my body has already started to stink in my apartment. So much trauma for other people. It seems going away somewhere and just shooting myself would be better. I'd be discovered by someone, of course, but the number of people I traumatize should be less. I'm so confused how to do this and be as un-selfish as possible, you know?

Hotel rooms are popular for a reason. You can leave a warning note and be pretty sure housekeeping will find you (or call the cops to find you) the next day. I don't recommend that for the shooting method, obviously... that would be a huge dick move.

Last edited:
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I'll see what I can do, but between my time being short and wanting to protect my identity to at least some degree... that's not particularly likely.

Basically, I have a 20 cubic foot (cu ft) inert gas tank (filled with inert gas), a CGA 580 flowmeter/regulator, a length of tubing that fits the outlet valve on the flowmeter ("3/8 inch" hose), a "hose clamp" I probably don't need (small, adjustable metal ring thingy) and an exit bag. That's all that's required. Make sure it fits together, that you know how to set it up, and you should be good to go.

They're not actually that much more complicated. There's a "Betty Does Max Dog Nitrogen" video on YouTube (FinalExit channel) that shows her assembling that setup, which is basically how it works with a DIY setup, except that Max Dog Brewing provides all the parts, rather than having to source them yourself, and has handy labels on their gear to make it simpler and remove the need for math. They also use an attachment on their flowmeter that can be hang tightened, rather than requiring a wrench, and custom tubing that eliminates the need for hose clamps.

The difference between Max Dog and DIY is that Max Dog has already sourced all the materials, made it user friendly, and done the math for you, so it's practically ready to go out of the box. Building your own isn't fundamentally different, it's just a little more legwork and math - at the end of the day, you've got a tank, you're twisting a flowmeter/regulator onto it, attaching a hose to the flowmeter and putting the other end of the hose into an exit bag, but you've got to source all the stuff yourself, and do a few simple calculations, rather than having it done for you.

Hotel rooms are popular for a reason. You can leave a warning note and be pretty sure housekeeping will find you (or call the cops to find you) the next day. I don't recommend that for the shooting method, obviously... that would be a huge dick move.
As far as hotel rooms go, how would I go about getting my N2 tank inside without arousing suspicion? I say this because my N2 tank is twice the size of yours and is rather conspicuous.

So far, my plan is to ctb inside my car in an empty parking lot. I would try to send a delayed message of some kind to someone in order to have them call the cops and get my body found. Having my body found is important to me, as I wish to be a tissue donor after my ctb. However, the more I think about that, it seems like a pipe dream... I wouldn't be surprised if some unforseen circumstance renders me unfit for donation.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
As far as hotel rooms go, how would I go about getting my N2 tank inside without arousing suspicion? I say this because my N2 tank is twice the size of yours and is rather conspicuous.

Right, I picked the smaller tank size partly because it fits in a backpack or duffel bag. Maybe a long garment bag, or wrap it up in a bunch of clothes and bring it through a side entrance after you check in? Maybe if you have enough bags and other stuff you could put it on a baggage cart and conceal it by have it surrounded and covered by luggage... not really sure.

Having my body found is important to me, as I wish to be a tissue donor after my ctb. However, the more I think about that, it seems like a pipe dream... I wouldn't be surprised if some unforseen circumstance renders me unfit for donation.

Actually, only about 1% of organ donors end up having their organs used when they die (US statistics), so it's a long shot under the best conditions. Really, the only way to have a decent chance of organ donation after death is to be taken off life support in a hospital. Sorry.

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
Right, I picked the smaller tank size partly because it fits in a backpack or duffel bag. Maybe a long garment bag, or wrap it up in a bunch of clothes and bring it through a side entrance after you check in? Maybe if you have enough bags and other stuff you could put it on a baggage cart and conceal it by have it surrounded and covered by luggage... not really sure.

Actually, only about 1% of organ donors end up having their organs used when they die (US statistics), so it's a long shot under the best conditions. Really, the only way to have a decent chance of organ donation after death is to be taken off life support in a hospital. Sorry.
I'm sure I could probably find some way to sneak it in. I picked the larger tank simply because I want to be absolutely certain it will be enough. I have heard about inert gas exits taking around 40 minutes in freak cases and want to be reasonably sure I won't wake up brain-damaged.

To clarify, I am not talking about organ donation, but rather, tissue donation. Rather than hearts and kidneys, I am talking about corneas, heart valves, and skin. Tissue donation, according to what I've read online, must be started within 24 hours of one's death. After the tissue is harvested, it can be stored for extended periods for later use. It may not be an organ, but it could still substantially improve someone's life. Unlike the pipe dream of a post-suicide organ donation, I think tissue donation is within the realm of possibility.

Here's some info: https://www.donatelife.net/types-of-donation/tissue-donation/

Last edited: