• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I just read a short story called "Cut" by
Catherine Lacey. There's a poem in it that goes like this:

if you're raised with an angry man in your house,
there will always be an angry man in your house.
you will find him even if he is not there.
and if one day you find that there is
no angry man in your house -
well, you will go find one and invite him in!

That really spoke to me - it's so simple, so accurate, so Jungian. I was excited to read it to my partner, but he would feel accused by it, which I didn't want. So I decided to change the man in the poem to a woman, and it's again so briiliantly simple and Jungian and true that ... that he would probably use it against me next time he gets mad, which would be quite hurtful.

So I've decided to share it with you all, to see what adjectives and archetypes resonate with you. Angry man, bitter woman - who else?

Reactions: Fedrea, XYZ, Ivenocare and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Make it also 'If you've brought (wo)man into the house and they're not angry/You will treat them as if they were until they are'.

Reactions: Circles and Soul
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Make it also 'If you've brought (wo)man into the house and they're not angry/You will treat them as if they were until they are'.

Exactly! "you will find him/her even if s/he is not there"

Reactions: Circles
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Exactly! "you will find him/her even if s/he is not there"

Argh, it kills me. You know when you run out of breath trying to tell someone you are on their side and never want to hurt them and they just go 'lalala'. When you take the emotional blows without even anger (like you would from a kid), and they get more furious? They've been hitting at an imaginary enemy in me, and feeling their morals are intact because no bruises show for that sort of harm.

• Love
Reactions: Circles and Soul
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I was a angry young man once, but now I am a mellow old man. I still get annoyed at shit, who doesn't, but once angry does not mean always angry. Its like that very stupid saying, hurt people, hurt people. Maybe true the majority of the time, but not always which is just a little too generalised.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I was a angry young man once, but now I am a mellow old man. I still get annoyed at shit, who doesn't, but once angry does not mean always angry. Its like that very stupid saying, hurt people, hurt people. Maybe true the majority of the time, but not always which is just a little too generalised.

I think soon probably a hurt person will stop hurting once they see that it is not always fun and games.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Argh, it kills me. You know when you run out of breath trying to tell someone you are on their side and never want to hurt them and they just go 'lalala'. When you take the emotional blows without even anger (like you would from a kid), and they get more furious? They've been hitting at an imaginary enemy in me, and feeling their morals are intact because no bruises show for that sort of harm.

Ohhhhh man I know that feeling awfully well. There's also the version of the one who is so ready to struggle to win your love that s/he never notices that you're steadily giving it to her. Like the main character in a lot of Janis Joplin numbers.

Okay, Sinister dear - that's an interesting take on the poem. I'm getting more mileage out of it with your partners being the angry ones, replaying the anger of people you grew up with. It *is* overgeneralised but I think a lot of people have to work really hard to get out of the cycle.

The poem can be true about positive traits as well: if you were raised with an affectionate pet ...

Reactions: woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Ohhhhh man I know that feeling awfully well. There's also the version of the one who is so ready to struggle to win your love that s/he never notices that you're steadily giving it to her. Like the main character in a lot of Janis Joplin numbers.

Okay, Sinister dear - that's an interesting take on the poem. I'm getting more mileage out of it with your partners being the angry ones, replaying the anger of people you grew up with. It *is* overgeneralised but I think a lot of people have to work really hard to get out of the cycle.

The poem can be true about positive traits as well: if you were raised with an affectionate pet ...

Ah, wonderful combination. Humans are great at interacting. Fuck me fucking sideways, what can I say?

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul