ladybug

Aug 8, 2024
How hard is it to escape poverty

Reactions: Tonkpils and davidtorez
infinitend

infinitend

Tudo é transitório
Apr 10, 2024
tambem me pergunto. Você é de qual país?

Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
Impossible. I can't even afford food.

Reactions: Skathon and Oneness
A

Autumn_Stars

Jun 9, 2024
I did. I majored in fine arts. I have difficulty with other people and am very weird. In my early 30s I started to work at an arts camp. My boss liked me. I met her through someone I met at a suck job at a place called Direct Buy. I said, the next person I work with is going to be my new best friend. My new boss gave me a crib packet for the civil service exam and I came out first. The person I really connected with also had study materials but didn't rank. I managed to save 310,00 dollars. My mother says if I give her the money she will help me get to Dignitas. She says it is to "help her with the pain." knew after I was covered with brain lesions and psychiatric problems four years ago I would lose everything.

M

mrtime87

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Get an education, work hard, and take care of your health.

These are the keys to a good life.

Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
Get an education, work hard, and take care of your health.

These are the keys to a good life.
No. You can do all of these things and something can still happen to destroy your life. I went to university, studied for a professional qualification and worked and paid taxes for 16 years. Then cancer took that all away from me. Now I'm in poverty, always hungry and can't even afford to go to the dentist. And I'm tired of people pretending they earnt their good lives with hard work. There is so much more luck than work that goes into having a good life. The luck that you didn't get seriously ill, or that you have a family who can help you, or that you live in a country where success is possible, that you don't have serious mental issues from being abused as a child, more likely a combination of multiple things. This wrong thinking successful people have that they alone earnt their success also makes them so cruel and judgmental of people who haven't had successful lives, thinking anyone who is not a success is just lazy and didn't try hard enough, when in actual fact there are multiple factors outside their control preventing them from improving their lives.

Reactions: suffering_mo_7, Praestat_Mori, nasigoreng99 and 1 other person
M

mrtime87

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
No. You can do all of these things and something can still happen to destroy your life. I went to university, studied for a professional qualification and worked and paid taxes for 16 years. Then cancer took that all away from me. Now I'm in poverty, always hungry and can't even afford to go to the dentist. And I'm tired of people pretending they earnt their good lives with hard work. There is so much more luck than work that goes into having a good life. The luck that you didn't get seriously ill, or that you have a family who can help you, or that you live in a country where success is possible, that you don't have serious mental issues from being abused as a child, more likely a combination of multiple things. This wrong thinking successful people have that they alone earnt their success also makes them so cruel and judgmental of people who haven't had successful lives, thinking anyone who is not a success is just lazy and didn't try hard enough, when in actual fact there are multiple factors outside their control preventing them from improving their lives.
There are obviously things that we can't control, but generally speaking, these are things you can do to improve one's situation.

I apologize if I offended. Bad things unfortunately do happen, and it hurts to hear about your situation.