• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
Are there fellow "potty mouths" or "smartasses" here that really don't consider theirself to have a pottymouth or to be a smartass??
Maybe it's delusional, or maybe we (the foul mouths) have a different understanding/tolerance for the words. Similar to how people here carry unorthodox views on suicide. Anyone different??
Even more, dislike being seen that way, as something you're not??

I'm afraid to share any "examples" because I'm afraid they'll be misunderstood😅 so I'll just let you start lol...

• Yay!
Reactions: ferrie and QueerMelancholy
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
Well, I've been queer for a long time LOL so me and the queerdos like banter and to tease each other.

I think it brings us closer together cause we kinda have a sense of we're not trying to hurt each other we're exposing ourselves to mean shit other people might say and you hear a friend call you this or that a million times it kinda makes it easier to hear it from some idiot someplace else.

I only tend to have a pottymouth around people I like. Most people? Ignore them. It is not worth my time trying to make other people happy no one is obligated to like me and I am not obligated to bend myself to anyone else.

Life is short. I wanna talk shit. Laugh at myself and laugh with other people.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady and ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I get called a smartass a lot bc I try to correct people when what they're saying isn't true. People get so angry when they're corrected & there's nothing more annoying than someone who is loud and wrong, so sometimes I can't help but be snarky when they try to debate me with something they pulled out of their ass. I try to tone down how irritated I get, but at the same time kvetching is very therapeutic lol

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Well, I've been queer for a long time LOL so me and the queerdos like banter and to tease each other.

I think it brings us closer together cause we kinda have a sense of we're not trying to hurt each other we're exposing ourselves to mean shit other people might say and you hear a friend call you this or that a million times it kinda makes it easier to hear it from some idiot someplace else.

I only tend to have a pottymouth around people I like. Most people? Ignore them. It is not worth my time trying to make other people happy no one is obligated to like me and I am not obligated to bend myself to anyone else.

Life is short. I wanna talk shit. Laugh at myself and laugh with other people.
Yeah. Being the proper/reserved people-pleaser for 25yrs just turned me into a very angry little woman... Also having to swear only in secret like a gd muggle. I mostly still only swear to family/close friends or people online, but I've eased my way out when I feel it's necessary. Is that pronounced queer-due or queer-doe btw? I still don't feel comfortable enough yet giving any examples🤣 I nearly typed out something and I just told myself to "Shut up..."

• Yay!
Reactions: QueerMelancholy
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
It's pronounced QUEER-DO like weirdo. But I mean don't go around yelling SHIT FUCK ASS BITCH and you'll be fine.

• Yay!
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Never been called a smartass before, but I do think I might have a potty mouth as I do swear a lot. Even my dad mentioned that I swear quite a bit. I don't consider swearing to be a bad thing and I find people who get all up in arms about it to be annoying and full of themselves.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I get called a smartass a lot bc I try to correct people when what they're saying isn't true. People get so angry when they're corrected & there's nothing more annoying than someone who is loud and wrong, so sometimes I can't help but be snarky when they try to debate me with something they pulled out of their ass. I try to tone down how irritated I get, but at the same time kvetching is very therapeutic lol
I was told by my dad, "Okay ya little smartass..." at like at 7? Yet he was grinning when he said it so he was secretly proud... I mean I was too I guess lol. It was natural when you have a tumultuous relationship with your alcoholic father. Like how else was I going to interact?

Yeah if you're trying to guide someone from being incorrect, my first approach is trying to be as neutral as I can; but it they return with stubbornness and a lack of regard for my expressing a different opinion, then I'm not going to be so jazzy with my next take if you're going to be didactic about it.
I had a very conflicting household lol. One side was understanding and patient, the other was intolerant and easily annoyed. No wonder I can get clumsy when I speak, I'm trying to be both at the same time!😅

Yes, it is very annoying, people thinking the louder they are, the more valid their argument is. Maybe that's one reason I speak in a low monotone. I usually only get loud after it's clear that they're not listening to and being loud is the only way to get their attention unfortunately. The exception of being young. As a teen if we argued, it was going to be loud because you had to "win" first. My, I'm learning through these years of estrangement the impact that my bitch older sibling had on me smh... It's very tricky business... and so I give people who swear and are "smartelic" a lot of credit because there's so many kinds of people in irl, and you may or may not be aware of the bias set against you already, (for instance, I'm a "mostly" white looking short woman, so people are think they have the advantage simply because of the height difference and the fact that I have female anatomy) so it's a delicate balance when using your words as to not look like an actual asshole, even though you are "seemingly" using "asshole" language and tactics.

I agree, there is a therapeutic value in not having to hide your true nature.

P.S. "Stop trying to make "kvetch" happen... It's never going to happen!!" 😂🤣
(I couldn't resist... It was right there💁‍♀️)
It's pronounced QUEER-DO like weirdo. But I mean don't go around yelling SHIT FUCK ASS BITCH and you'll be fine.
Well I don't have tourette's... (Although I think I have a bit of ocd pop-culture tourette's...) I've never heard your word before. I also like to have a purpose for everything I say, even if gets skewed and comes out/across the wrong way... (except when I'm talking to myself lol) but those reasons that I don't get it right and why are for a different convo lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I was told by my dad, "Okay ya little smartass..." at like at 7? Yet he was grinning when he said it so he was secretly proud... I mean I was too I guess lol. It was natural when you have a tumultuous relationship with your alcoholic father. Like how else was I going to interact?

Yeah if you're trying to guide someone from being incorrect, my first approach is trying to be as neutral as I can; but it they return with stubbornness and a lack of regard for my expressing a different opinion, then I'm not going to be so jazzy with my next take if you're going to be didactic about it.
I had a very conflicting household lol. One side was understanding and patient, the other was intolerant and easily annoyed. No wonder I can get clumsy when I speak, I'm trying to be both at the same time!😅

Yes, it is very annoying, people thinking the louder they are, the more valid their argument is. Maybe that's one reason I speak in a low monotone. I usually only get loud after it's clear that they're not listening to and being loud is the only way to get their attention unfortunately. The exception of being young. As a teen if we argued, it was going to be loud because you had to "win" first. My, I'm learning through these years of estrangement the impact that my bitch older sibling had on me smh... It's very tricky business... and so I give people who swear and are "smartelic" a lot of credit because there's so many kinds of people in irl, and you may or may not be aware of the bias set against you already, (for instance, I'm a "mostly" white looking short woman, so people are think they have the advantage simply because of the height difference and the fact that I have female anatomy) so it's a delicate balance when using your words as to not look like an actual asshole, even though you are "seemingly" using "asshole" language and tactics.

I agree, there is a therapeutic value in not having to hide your true nature.

P.S. "Stop trying to make "kvetch" happen... It's never going to happen!!" 😂🤣
(I couldn't resist... It was right there💁‍♀️)

Well I don't have tourette's... (Although I think I have a bit of ocd pop-culture tourette's...) I've never heard your word before. I also like to have a purpose for everything I say, even if gets skewed and comes out/across the wrong way... (except when I'm talking to myself lol) but those reasons that I don't get it right and why are for a different convo lol.
Lmao I learned it from my sarcastic alcoholic father too. I was such a snarky little kid & my dad thought it was hilarious as long as it wasn't aimed at him. Idk how people talk like that around their kids & not expect them to pick it up.

I try my best to be empathetic and not show how annoyed I am when I'm speaking bc a lot of the time people's stubbornness isn't their own fault. And then I turn around and complain about them to someone I know won't judge my bitching lol. Sometimes I match energies when people clearly want to turn their own pigheadedness into an argument, but I do find some amusement from keeping my tone light & watching them work themselves up even more that I'm not getting angry too.

Totally relate to the conflicting household thing. My dad is again a snarky alcoholic, and my mom was a Catholic schoolgirl. Their moms that had a big part in raising me were completely opposite. My dad's mom washed my mouth out with soap for saying "gosh" & my mom's mom taught me how to curse in French lmao.

I'm really soft spoken & even when I start yelling it's really easy to talk over me, so I think that's part of why people who are aggressively loud and wrong annoy me so much. Being loud back can also be a double edged sword bc those kinds of people love to use it as proof that they got to you & you're "too emotional", especially if it's a man. They think they've "won" the conversation if they can provoke you, yet act like you're the asshole for pointing out they're wrong. I'm a short woman too (4'10") & look very young, so it's really hard to be taken seriously in heated conversations bc of those biases. People either don't take me seriously & think I don't know what I'm talking about or take me seriously & think I'm an asshole. There's so much nuance in trying to find the right words to not be too much of a smartass, only for the result to be a black and white interpretation.

Love me a Mean Girls reference lol

• Love
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Lmao I learned it from my sarcastic alcoholic father too. I was such a snarky little kid & my dad thought it was hilarious as long as it wasn't aimed at him. Idk how people talk like that around their kids & not expect them to pick it up.

I try my best to be empathetic and not show how annoyed I am when I'm speaking bc a lot of the time people's stubbornness isn't their own fault. And then I turn around and complain about them to someone I know won't judge my bitching lol. Sometimes I match energies when people clearly want to turn their own pigheadedness into an argument, but I do find some amusement from keeping my tone light & watching them work themselves up even more that I'm not getting angry too.

Totally relate to the conflicting household thing. My dad is again a snarky alcoholic, and my mom was a Catholic schoolgirl. Their moms that had a big part in raising me were completely opposite. My dad's mom washed my mouth out with soap for saying "gosh" & my mom's mom taught me how to curse in French lmao.

I'm really soft spoken & even when I start yelling it's really easy to talk over me, so I think that's part of why people who are aggressively loud and wrong annoy me so much. Being loud back can also be a double edged sword bc those kinds of people love to use it as proof that they got to you & you're "too emotional", especially if it's a man. They think they've "won" the conversation if they can provoke you, yet act like you're the asshole for pointing out they're wrong. I'm a short woman too (4'10") & look very young, so it's really hard to be taken seriously in heated conversations bc of those biases. People either don't take me seriously & think I don't know what I'm talking about or take me seriously & think I'm an asshole. There's so much nuance in trying to find the right words to not be too much of a smartass, only for the result to be a black and white interpretation.

Love me a Mean Girls reference lol
Omg that's awesome lol😁 except for the alcoholic part. That's always sucks. Ironically my dad wanted girls to be "ladies" and didn't appreciate that his children cussed. Yet he was amused at the same time, well, only when I was a kid lol, and like you lol, not aimed at him😂 Hell, he's the one who wrote "sofa king" on paper and told me to read it right where my mom was in earshot... He got in trouble lol. My mom was a total square, very straight and narrow. Barely said damn. Although apparently it was funny and okay if my dad hit his toe and yelled "G** Damnit!" even though they were Christians. When my dad wasn't there anymore, my older sibling took his place and corrupted me, and we corrupted my mom. Plus we watched rated r movies before we even learned to ride a bike... I was like 10? and my Pollyanna mom was all about "It takes 30 days to change a habit!" so she seriously asked one day, while in thought, "Hey, want to quit cussing for 30 days???" My serious but sarcastic reply, "Fuck that..." She laughed in a shameful way. That was the end of that lol, except in school. I never used colorful language there, or really with my friends because it was just "not on." My teachers had no idea who I truly was lol😪 It's sometimes like a double-life😒

Your 2nd paragraph definitely rings all too true. I had a super small family, but that's traumatizing lol: having your mouth washed out with soap and then being taught curse words in French😥

I've always been soft-spoken. It took me years to be more blunt, and more to not get "got" by being the one who doesn't react. It's terribly sad and funny how we don't have to work very hard to turn people red/blue/purple in the face while we're unfazed, especially men😉 Yeah the not being taken seriously or being a "young" asshole seems to come from the viewpoint of boomers or conservatives. Hell I'm sure some people are getting pissed off reading this😳 Whoosh. They don't take kindly to being challenged in the least because they are older, and have the only correct beliefs☝️ I live in conservative area and by my grandmother, and was not even being rude, yet managed to piss of a bigoted pastor when I asked about covid being in his church on fb. Another quasi-relative got pissed at me because she was starting crap and gossiping about the local kid (young adult) who was "trouble" and that we needed to "watch out." I took up for him and next thing I know I had a bunch of old ladies attacking me. I didn't want to embarrass my grandmother because she deeply cares about what strangers think rather than her own family, but it ended with me saying that this quasi-relative woman was like a "gnat" because I was no longer contributing to the conversation yet she was still talking to me. Then I was kicked out of the fb group, I didn't already mention that it was in a fb group. I even looked up this ladies number online and texted her an apology because I didn't want it to reflect poorly on my grandmother. Never heard from her, but her car was at my quasi-relative's house early the next morning. Some people live for that in their older years.
"Save the drama fo' yo Mama..."
clearly is lost on them.

Wow, 4'10"😯 I'm 4'10¾"😂 That's cool🤣 I looked really young forever, but I think I'm finally a "ma'am" now...😪
I started swearing a lot when I was a preteen. I think because I suffering from depression and anxiety but my parents never took me to get diagnosed. I was always extremely frustrated.. My mom said I used to chew on window sills when I was a toddler.. Probably have ADHD who knows.. I was never diagnosed with anything other than anxiety and depression because of a crappy Healthcare system and at this point I'm too old and I don't give a shit! The f word has always been my curse words of choice. My mom always says that I have a mouth like a truck driver or sailor. She uses the word shit a lot but doesn't consider it bad. I noticed the closer I get to CTB the more I'm cursing. I used to keep my cursing under control to a certain degree around my mom but now I do not give a shit! I let the f word fly rapidly! I think my mom somehow ties cursing to being a bad person which is absolutely ridiculous! She may not curse much but at least I'm not a narcissist! I've always been inverted and shy around most people but once you became my true friend you would see that I was very much sassy and sarcastic. My friends always considered it hilarious.
Also super relatable... My depression, anxiety, and ocd was there since I remember. I think those people can be predisposed to cussing lol, as one sub-set of many. Yeah some people have a bias between the f word and shit. Like they will say the f word maybe once or twice a year because that's bad and trashy... but saying "shit" daily for minute things is not. Region, generation, mental health, social status, all play parts which I find, rude lol. Can't have different expectations/standards on basic things from different people just because... Do you eat anything else? or ever did? Maybe lack of iodine or pica?

I've also, still do, go through bigger cussing periods than others. Haven't theorized as to why. Ctb is a factor. Sorry that's one for you😥

Last edited:
Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Swear like a sailor. Walking repository of dirty non-PC jokes. Sadly.

Reactions: Proteus
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Are there fellow "potty mouths" or "smartasses" here that really don't consider theirself to have a pottymouth or to be a smartass??
Maybe it's delusional, or maybe we (the foul mouths) have a different understanding/tolerance for the words. Similar to how people here carry unorthodox views on suicide. Anyone different??
Even more, dislike being seen that way, as something you're not??

I'm afraid to share any "examples" because I'm afraid they'll be misunderstood😅 so I'll just let you start lol...
I'm the reverse, nobody's ever called me either but I've definitely done both lmao

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I do not think of myself as a foul mouth or a "potty mouth", because I hardly use swear words; this is not to say that I am against anyone using language that could be considered "offensive" - it is just a personal preference. Though I have overheard some of my neighbors criticize me for using "shocking" language, because I sometimes (rarely) use vulgar words when I am frustrated; even though they use the same vulgarity regularly and openly in the street.

"Rules for thee, but not for me."

Last edited: