february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I think I'm genuinely just too lazy to live. It's insane. I have an objectively okay life. I should be making the most of it and doing amazing things and working hard, but even the thought of going outside or taking a shower is overwhelming and exhausting. I have so many things I'm passionate about but none that I keep up with or work hard at.

Sometimes I'm too lazy to even do things I enjoy. Too tired to do anything, not even video games or binge eating or doomscrolling on my phone. I'll just lie down and take a "nap" without getting any sleep and staying perfectly still without moving or doing anything for hours at a time. It's genuinely pathetic. People will say, yeah, that's depression. You're mentally ill and you need to get help in order to function properly. But I don't want to function properly. I don't want to get help. I just want it to be over

I really despise myself for being suicidal. I wish I knew how to be normal and happy and enjoy life. I just can't. There's something wrong with me and I don't care enough to fix it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ViniTerrible, Hollowman, BrainShower and 9 others
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
I just think it's ridiculous that we have to work so much when we can get our essentials so easily. Problem is if people see a gap in your work history or multiple jumps they're all judgemental about it.

This is definitely a first world problem but goddamn even when we have it good it's like our brain is like nah shit is fucked.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
jacarandagarden

jacarandagarden

Errare humanum est
Jan 14, 2024
I relate to everything.

I wish I could function like a normal human being - make meaningful connections, enjoy life, etc... but overtime, I just became less and less infatuated with the idea of 'getting better' when I realized it wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Aim, february in alaska and 1 other person
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
I do the "staring at the ceiling for hours while in bed because I have no reason to get up" thing as much as I can. It is because of depression, I think, but it also is the only time I am not existing for someone else and I greatly enjoy it.

• Love
Reactions: february in alaska
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I kinda relate. But for me it's also a lack of physical energy. I've noticed I get tired about 2-3 times more easily than average person. And I have to schedule activities so I don't get exhausted during the day. Apart from endometriosis there's nothing wrong with me physically. So I just look lazy to everyone ^^

Reactions: february in alaska and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think I'm genuinely just too lazy to live. It's insane. I have an objectively okay life. I should be making the most of it and doing amazing things and working hard, but even the thought of going outside or taking a shower is overwhelming and exhausting. I have so many things I'm passionate about but none that I keep up with or work hard at.

Sometimes I'm too lazy to even do things I enjoy. Too tired to do anything, not even video games or binge eating or doomscrolling on my phone. I'll just lie down and take a "nap" without getting any sleep and staying perfectly still without moving or doing anything for hours at a time. It's genuinely pathetic. People will say, yeah, that's depression. You're mentally ill and you need to get help in order to function properly. But I don't want to function properly. I don't want to get help. I just want it to be over

I really despise myself for being suicidal. I wish I knew how to be normal and happy and enjoy life. I just can't. There's something wrong with me and I don't care enough to fix it
I relate to all of us excluding having things I'm passionate about as I don't have that. I'm genuinely just lazy when compared to other people and I'm inept too. I'd have to work harder than others just to get to their level and I'd rather not do that. People say to recover but the big picture of this recovery is me working 4x as hard to counteract my autism which I'd rather not do. I don't want to work. I'm lazy and I don't care about that.. I just want to be dead

• Hugs
Reactions: february in alaska and longdeaddyingsoon
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Can relate. It's actually one of the reasons why I'm suicidal to begin with. It's hard to put into words and might even sound nonsensical to some, but one of the reasons why I wanna commit suicide is because I detest myself for being suicidal in the first place. It sounds crazy, but there's no better way to word it. It's like... I don't know what caused me to become all depressed and suicidal to begin with, but over time, whatever the reason was, it got replaced by this feeling of "hollowness" and hatred for myself.

It's almost as if I was meant to be like this from the start.

Sometimes I really wish I was a normal person like others.

• Hugs
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
If you just don't like life and don't find it and all that entails worthwhile, then that's a perfectly fine to reason to choose to die.

Of course, it's very possible that mental health treatment could change those feelings, especially if you haven't reached your mid-25's yet, and you probably owe it yourself to try, but it's possible it won't especially if you can't feel motivated to really devote yourself to it.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've become so much more lazy. I used to feel so much guilt about not working. I just care so much less now. It's ridiculous but I find it agonising to do household chores even. The past few weeks, I've spent mostly on here! It's so hard when you don't have motivation.

Work in whatever direction simply has to pick up for me soon though because I do need to support myself financially. I need it but I'm also dreading it. I just find I'm in this weird limbo where I feel like I have to carry on for now while my Dad is still alive. Still- CTB is almost definitely the plan- so- that relieves me of worrying about or even working towards a future.

Still though- I need to get by, so it's like I'm doing the absolute bare minimum for things not to get worse! I guess that's the only way I can motivate myself now. What will happen if I don't do this? Then, I suppose I'd better. Kind of the lesser of the evils in each scenario. I'm actually trying to exercise each day which is excruciating but it's because I know- if work does come up, it will be crazy full on again and I need to be fit enough to do it.

I don't know what to say really. I'm sorry life feels so flat. Obviously, I don't know your situation. I wonder sometimes if it's not worse or at least complicit in feeling like this when we can. When we are financially supported as it were. I'm not sure how I'd be if I didn't have to work. Not that it makes us any happier though a lot of the time! That's the other thing- why should people aspire to modern living?!! Working so much of the time. Feeling tired, stressed and unfulfilled. I don't know many people who aren't struggling with at least one of them. Sometimes, all three! It's hard to feel motivated towards something that isn't even very appealing!

thedevilwithin

thedevilwithin

anima vestra
Oct 4, 2023
i relate to every word. i wish i knew what was wrong with me. why i am the way i am. most people don't have this thing we call life figured out, but i have nothing figured out. i'm an empty shell of a human. i cant function, i wish i could.

• Hugs
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Can relate. It's actually one of the reasons why I'm suicidal to begin with. It's hard to put into words and might even sound nonsensical to some, but one of the reasons why I wanna commit suicide is because I detest myself for being suicidal in the first place. It sounds crazy, but there's no better way to word it. It's like... I don't know what caused me to become all depressed and suicidal to begin with, but over time, whatever the reason was, it got replaced by this feeling of "hollowness" and hatred for myself.

It's almost as if I was meant to be like this from the start.

Sometimes I really wish I was a normal person like others.
Yep. I definitely get the feeling that this is somehow hardwired into my brain, like suicide was always going to be how my life ended. It's an awful way to exist, and I'm sorry you feel it too

If you just don't like life and don't find it and all that entails worthwhile, then that's a perfectly fine to reason to choose to die.

Of course, it's very possible that mental health treatment could change those feelings, especially if you haven't reached your mid-25's yet, and you probably owe it yourself to try, but it's possible it won't especially if you can't feel motivated to really devote yourself to it.
I have gone through antidepressants and a couple therapist sessions, the medication stopped working entirely about six months ago and therapy just isn't something I'm willing to open up to, even if I had the money for it. I definitely have the option to be a financial leech on my parents even more than I already am, to try therapy (and inevitably being institutionalized) and get on new medication and go through all the steps of recovery, but I don't see that lasting in any long term way, especially when I'm alone working a job I hate, struggling to pay rent, etc. It just feels like a waste of everyone's time and money when I inevitably end up in the same place

But I get what you're saying and I appreciate the sentiment, thank you. I definitely think recovery can work if you're willing to put in the effort or it's something you want. That's just... not me anymore :')

I've become so much more lazy. I used to feel so much guilt about not working. I just care so much less now. It's ridiculous but I find it agonising to do household chores even. The past few weeks, I've spent mostly on here! It's so hard when you don't have motivation.

Work in whatever direction simply has to pick up for me soon though because I do need to support myself financially. I need it but I'm also dreading it. I just find I'm in this weird limbo where I feel like I have to carry on for now while my Dad is still alive. Still- CTB is almost definitely the plan- so- that relieves me of worrying about or even working towards a future.

Still though- I need to get by, so it's like I'm doing the absolute bare minimum for things not to get worse! I guess that's the only way I can motivate myself now. What will happen if I don't do this? Then, I suppose I'd better. Kind of the lesser of the evils in each scenario. I'm actually trying to exercise each day which is excruciating but it's because I know- if work does come up, it will be crazy full on again and I need to be fit enough to do it.

I don't know what to say really. I'm sorry life feels so flat. Obviously, I don't know your situation. I wonder sometimes if it's not worse or at least complicit in feeling like this when we can. When we are financially supported as it were. I'm not sure how I'd be if I didn't have to work. Not that it makes us any happier though a lot of the time! That's the other thing- why should people aspire to modern living?!! Working so much of the time. Feeling tired, stressed and unfulfilled. I don't know many people who aren't struggling with at least one of them. Sometimes, all three! It's hard to feel motivated towards something that isn't even very appealing!
God, I feel this. Even a traditional "good life" doesn't sound like something I particularly want. The bad outweighs the good every time.

I also know how it feels to be obligated to keep living for a parent... it's an awful limbo to be in. I hope things get better for you somehow, regardless of what path you take. I wish life was better than this

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon and Forever Sleep