unsaiddes

unsaiddes

Apr 25, 2023
So I'm definitely not in a recovery mindset or anything as of right now, but TLDR; I might get the opportunity to start my life over in a way, which has me feeling scared and excited.

To start, I'm a young adult currently living with my parents and pretty miserable about it. I tried to see if I could buy a condo but I don't make enough income per month despite having good savings. That had me really down recently.

But my best friend just graduated college (he took a few gap years, I graduated early) and he just interviewed for a job he really wants in a different state. It went well, apparently. If he gets it, he's moving there. And we've discussed the possibility of me going with him.

A few big road bumps: My parents would be incredibly upset at my leaving them to live in an apartment in a different state with my best friend for a number of reasons. Too many and too personal to get into here. My partner would also be very upset at this development, as we've been long distance for almost two years and this move would make us even longer distance. But honestly, I've been thinking about breaking up with them anyways. They just feel like more of a friend to me. I could continue at my current job since I work from home full time, but don't know if I want to as I kind of hate my job. So I'd have to face the prospect of quitting and finding a new job, which is very intimidating. I'd have to do all the tedious stuff involved with moving states, ID change and car insurance, etc.

My friend might also just... not get the job. Or change his mind. So I probably shouldn't throw all my hope into this possibility. But the more I think about it happening the more I think it could really change everything, including my suicidality.

I just wanted to ramble about this I guess. I know hypothetically I don't need my best friend and these specific circumstances to start fresh in life, but I don't think I'd have the guts to otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: unrest
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
please update us :) i really hope you get this chance, and if you do i say seize it. like you say, it's a fresh start and anything could happen. sending hope your way <3

• Love
Reactions: unrest and unsaiddes