J

job1315

Student
Oct 25, 2020
I am kindled to at least one benzodiazepine. This supposedly means withdrawals get worse each time

Would taking the remainder of my prescription be a possible way to CTB?

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
slim possibility. I wouldn't rely on that. but who knows, maybe you'd get lucky and die convulsing.
.... wait did I misunderstand?
is your intent to OD on benzos you have left, or to try to let withdrawals kill you? both are unreliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: TooConscious, ImsooDone1N, GoneGoneGone and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I can´t imagine you´re considering this do you know how the withdrawals feel I went cold turkey last December and got so bad withdrawals I had to go to the hospital and my muscles were cramping up including my brain and you can´t keep your thoughts together, can´t control your body temperature etc. Even now when I am tapering off and am on a low dose I have felt "minor" withdrawals for a couple days after tapering down a week ago.

Seriously benzo withdrawals are the worst feeling ever it´s even said to be worse than alcohol and heroin withdrawal I really hope you don´t use that method and if you try I hope you at least have some benzos left as an emergency which I didn´t have on hand at the time because trust me when all your muscles cramp up and it even feels as if your brain is doing the same you´d wish you had another pill.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: kohaku, TooConscious, _Minsk and 3 others
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
yeah see, the withdrawals suck hard. I quit coke cold turkey a decade ago and benzo withdrawals.... similar. reminiscent. not the same imo, but pretty damn bad. you might just be able to seize your way to death. but that's not likely. what's more probable is hellish feelings for what feels like eternity and you're more likely statistically to call for help than to let the withdrawals take over and kill you. they're that bad.

basically this is not an easy method. success is unlikely.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious, _Minsk, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Can you die from benzo or alcohol withdrawl? You bet. Is It a high incidence? No. Are benzo withdrawals so bad you might wish for death? Yep.

just because something can kill you does not mean it is a viable or peaceful method of death. You can stand outside in a storm hoping to die from a lightning strike, but that is a poor idea as well.

Reactions: TheLostCause, TooConscious, TheGoodGuy and 2 others
RubberMan

RubberMan

Pharmacology/Toxicology Nerd
Oct 10, 2020
If you were able to isolate yourself from ALL POSSIBLE INTERVENTIONS for an extended period of time, your chances of success through this method would be slightly higher than zero, but still close enough to make failure the likely outcome. Failure involves extreme pain, possible neurological damage, and extended hospitalization in which you will be put on, you guessed it, more benzos! I'm not meaning to be insulting, but this is just about the worst method I've ever seen someone propose on here (or at least pretty close to the worst).

Reactions: Intelligent_Lobster, TooConscious, _Minsk and 3 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Cmon now, you know you cannot OD on benzos. How old are you either way?

Reactions: sourpink, LostSoul101 and ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
This is a horrible idea. If you wanted to die by benzo withdrawal, why take the remaining supply? What if the withdrawal is so bad (it prob will be- I've come off one myself) that if you don't die, at least you can get relief w/out definitely requiring medical intervention? Can't OD anyway; just the possibility to injure yourself while in a stupor- which imo sounds worse & I've heard stories. Please don't consider this idea!!

Reactions: sourpink and TooConscious
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
The withdrawal from benzos can kill you in extreme case but it must be a very brutal way to die.

Reactions: sourpink, TooConscious, _Minsk and 1 other person
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
Benzo withdrawal can be life threatening and lead to seizures/death but this really only happens with people who have taken massive amounts/doses of benzos for extended periods

Reactions: TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
You remind me of teenage ME when substance abuse was a joke and I'd see an alcoholic or drug addict and think withdrawal was cool.

I had the attitude, it can't get any worse so let's just use unresponsibly while possible.
Only to go through it myself and realize when you hit withdrawal 'rattle' last thing you can do is ctb. Your courage is gone lost among one of the pile of vomits surrounding you.

If you are considering becoming an addict because life is a cruel evil joke... DON'T that joke gets hell of a lot worse beyond belief.

You're able to type a post so you're doing OK if you want to ctb that's your choice, don't put yourself through addiction too. Coming from someone who might have written this post ten years ago. I'm still stick on benzos now.

I hope you sort your head out away from this painful path.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sourpink and Intelligent_Lobster

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
I just quited benzos with no help. Still alive ;)
And benzos withdrawals are a fkin nightmare, this would be a long and very painful death.

Reactions: TooConscious
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
The possibility could hinge on whether or not there is even the presence of an addictive response. In my case, there is no addictive response at all to any drugs which are classified as highly addictive. Decades ago, I did have caffeine withdrawal headaches, but those also completely disappeared long ago. It is in my decades of medical records that I am conclusively proved to not be an addict, but it appears I may be highly unusual in that respect, with my receptors either completely shot or no longer extant.

Others are easily and readily addicted upon exposure to a variety of substances, behaviors and desires. The more addictive the substance response, the more likely that substance withdrawal can be fatal, but from everything I understand, this is not a peaceful or pleasant end in any way.

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
The possibility could hinge on whether or not there is even the presence of an addictive response. In my case, there is no addictive response at all to any drugs which are classified as highly addictive.

I wish so hard it was true for me...

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I wish so hard it was true for me...

I wish I could pass some of it off to you, but I will tell you that among the medications I take is a prescription for naltrexone, which is used to counteract many substance addictions by reportedly making the user sick if ingesting the addictive substance while also taking naltrexone. I understand naltrexone has been used to treat alcoholism and opioid addiction. (That did not apply in my case. I originally sought the use of naltrexone as an SSRI potentiator to unsuccessfully reverse Prozac "poop out" tolerance, and now I take naltrexone in combination with buproprion XL as a substitute for the alleged appetite suppressant Contrave, which combines buproprion XL with naltrexone, but is not yet covered by insurers. Incidentally, I have yet to experience the naltrexone/buproprion XL combination as particularly effective at shutting down appetite to facilitate weight loss.)

That we want what we don't have is a tired and oft used cliché, but it seems all too frequently accurate. With my AD/HD, I can't concentrate, follow through on tasks to completion, and am completely exhausted and utterly spent if I manage to somehow succeed, leaving me feeling drained rather than with any sense of accomplishment. Apparently, there has to be some shred of an addictive response to repeatedly do what needs to be done or should be done to achieve anything, and I am missing that quality entirely, crippling my existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: 141592653

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
@Gnip , I have AD and it's already hard for me to read long posts (yours caught my interest and I commited to it). I 'm not quite sure the fact that you don't get addicted on substance causes it (maybe not what you meant though). I hate repetition. In terms of recreational drugs, I tend to go from one to the other at each party. I got my bezo addiction because of anxiety strikes where I would take way to much of them. Now I'm trying to learn how to deal with my anxiety without them and ain't no fun.
Anyway benzos where not useful anymore when I got my tolerance so heh I have to deal with it.

• Hugs
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
Possible to CTB by Benzo Withdrawal?

Answer is no.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
@Gnip , I have AD and it's already hard for me to read long posts (yours caught my interest and I commited to it). I 'm not quite sure the fact that you don't get addicted on substance causes it (maybe not what you meant though). I hate repetition. In terms of recreational drugs, I tend to go from one to the other at each party. I got my bezo addiction because of anxiety strikes where I would take way to much of them. Now I'm trying to learn how to deal with my anxiety without them and ain't no fun.
Anyway benzos where not useful anymore when I got my tolerance so heh I have to deal with it.

I suspect the distractibility caused by my AD/HD may be what has prevented me from developing certain common addictions, although I have had a number of different exhaustingly compulsive behaviors throughout my life.

Diaphragmatic breathing is one alternative to benzos for treating clinical anxiety. That sort of deep breathing merely makes some people dizzy and light headed, but for others, diaphragmatic breathing is supposed to be extremely effective for inducing relaxation and sleep at bedtime.

The inexpensive (actually quite cheap) standard medical device which is the perfect exercise equipment for practicing, learning and mastering clinical diaphragmatic breathing simply and perfectly is the Voldyne Volumetric Incentive Spirometer (which is given to virtually all hospital patients to keep, and for testing their respiration capacity)...:

61A8XmLd-WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Love

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
@Gnip wow thank you for that input I'll talk about it to my GP see if she can prescribe me that.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Not on Benzos, on opiates. But I'm currently on fire inside because I cant get help for withdrawal, they told me to go away.
I need to get a benzo habit. Total legit ctb method.
Since NOBODY will help me
Possible to CTB by Benzo Withdrawal?

Answer is no.
You actually can go into permanent convulsions and die

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I was prescribed a benzo (Xanax) 3 mg/day for ~10 years. My doc, with the opioid crisis here, arbitrarily decided to stop prescribing them.

It did not kill me but I wish it had.

It was hell.

Had severe prolonged withdrawal with psychosis and a grand mal seizure, went smurf (stopped breathing and turned blue), then came to. When I came to, I had sustained a very serious concussion among other injuries. I have to say that the seizure was likely a result of docs ignoring the fact I was going through withdrawal and administering Seroquel (which is contraindicated for anyone with a potential for seizure disorder).

Fast forward a year and a half? My brain is mush.

Not sure about the kindling effect, but given the risks, personally, after what I went through? No, just no.

On edit: Mine was a physical withdrawal not a psychological withdrawal if that makes any difference? They helped to calm my anxiety, but I did not build a tolerance to them over that period and never experienced euphoria. It was sheer hell getting off them though.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy and 141592653
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
@Gnip wow thank you for that input I'll talk about it to my GP see if she can prescribe me that.

Getting one from her should be no problem, but bear in mind if she refuses for some lame reason that you absolutely do not need a prescription to purchase these cheap plastic devices for a fraction of what an inexpensive meal would cost.