O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
So, I've been here a while. I've seen people come and go. I've met so many great people on here. It's a fantastic and an unfairly demonised place.

I've ENT surgery scheduled for next week. I'm middle aged, overweight, a smoker and a heavy drinker.

Part of me thinks I won't make it through the General Anesthetic. It scares me greatly, but in all my plans, it's probably an ideal way to go. My friends and family won't know of my suicidal ideation.

I was originally planning an SG/SN exit, but now I'm scared. Very scared.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SVEN, Leavesfromthevine, reclaimedbynature and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Best of luck, I agree that it sounds like an ideal way to go, dying under anesthetic where one cannot feel anything sounds very peaceful to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I've been under general anaesthesia a lot. It can be scary. It's really hard to explain. Good luck with your surgery!

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Good luck! I hope you find peace!

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Although for a suicidal person going out while under anesthetic is the holiest of holy grails of ctb, the thought of going under surgery is not easy and it's valid to be scared. I hope you are able to find strength in all this and I hope you can find your peace ❤️

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Well, I lived! Just home from surgery. Thanks everyone for your words of support. Onwards and sideways!

• Hugs
Reactions: absolutelyyou, SVEN and MrFreshTheCat
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Welcome back, now be good to yourself !

Reactions: OldDrummer
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
I hope the surgery is able to bring you even a morsel of relief as you recover and beyond. ❤️

Reactions: OldDrummer