• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

NothingLeft071110

NothingLeft071110

I’m over life. Ready for it to be over.
May 20, 2020
I plan on leaving this earth next week, via a portable generator. I'm waiting for it to arrive. It says it runs on gas/fuel mix. Is this ok? And I am curious if anyone ever thought about a suicide pact?

R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
It seems like there aren't any real answers about generators that I can find here. Shouldn't this method be pretty solid?

Reactions: LadyPanda
Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
Burning gas/oil mix actually creates more pollutants than just gas, the problem is it creates more irritating emissions. I don't see why it wouldn't work but it might be slightly less comfortable.

From a article I saw in the Washington Post
"The two-stroke engine has developed a reputation as an environmental hazard. Because the engine lacks an independent lubrication system, fuel has to be mixed with oil. More important, about 30 percent of the fuel the engine uses fails to undergo complete combustion; as a result, the engine emits a number of air pollutants. Carbon monoxide, nitrous oxides and hydrocarbons escape from the engine in large quantities. Everyone knows the acute effects of carbon monoxide, but the other gases are equally worrisome. Both nitrous oxides and hydrocarbons contribute to smog formation. Hydrocarbons can be carcinogenic"

Reactions: a.h
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Burning gas/oil mix actually creates more pollutants than just gas, the problem is it creates more irritating emissions. I don't see why it wouldn't work but it might be slightly less comfortable.

From a article I saw in the Washington Post
"The two-stroke engine has developed a reputation as an environmental hazard. Because the engine lacks an independent lubrication system, fuel has to be mixed with oil. More important, about 30 percent of the fuel the engine uses fails to undergo complete combustion; as a result, the engine emits a number of air pollutants. Carbon monoxide, nitrous oxides and hydrocarbons escape from the engine in large quantities. Everyone knows the acute effects of carbon monoxide, but the other gases are equally worrisome. Both nitrous oxides and hydrocarbons contribute to smog formation. Hydrocarbons can be carcinogenic"
How do people die from them unaware then?

Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
How do people die from them unaware then?
I've been a mechanic for a long time and I know it doesn't bother me. I'm sure some are more sensitive to it, I wouldn't personally think twice about trying it but this is the internet so take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: a.h and rancho
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Does anybody know which generators consumer reports labeled as dangerous? Or does anybody just know what brands for any other reason?

Reactions: a.h and Glaski
Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
Does anybody know which generators consumer reports labeled as dangerous? Or does anybody just know what brands for any other reason?
The thing about generators is none have the emissions controls that modern auto engines do. They are all dangerous, but generally the less efficient= more dangerous simply because they burn more fuel and create more gasses in a shorter time

Reactions: a.h
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
The thing about generators is none have the emissions controls that modern auto engines do. They are all dangerous, but generally the less efficient= more dangerous simply because they burn more fuel and create more gasses in a shorter time

There are three that Consumer Reports had as recommended because they have an auto switch off when it detects X amount of CO...............My luck I'd buy one of those!

Reactions: Glaski
Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
There are three that Consumer Reports had as recommended because they have an auto switch off when it detects X amount of CO...............My luck I'd buy one of those!
Haha I have luck like that too. The only ones I've seen that are pgma compliant (the standard for the co shutoff devices) are somewhere around us $3-4k for a small one. I don't know about you but I wouldn't drop that kind of cash for something I would start once, I would rather spend it on a good time in my last couple of days.

Reactions: rancho
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
I've never heard of a portable generator having a 2 cycle engine on it. 2 cycle engines are now mostly relegated to chain saws and gas powered landscaping equipment, such as trimmers, edgers and blowers. They are too noisy and create much oil smoke, making them obnoxious for most other applications. A 4 cycle engine is a great carbon monoxide generator, without all the nastiness of a 2 cycle engine.

Curious - why a portable generator, as opposed to a lawn mower, which would be cheaper and more available?

Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
I've never heard of a portable generator having a 2 cycle engine on it. 2 cycle engines are now mostly relegated to chain saws and gas powered landscaping equipment, such as trimmers, edgers and blowers. They are too noisy and create much oil smoke, making them obnoxious for most other applications. A 4 cycle engine is a great carbon monoxide generator, without all the nastiness of a 2 cycle engine.

Curious - why a portable generator, as opposed to a lawn mower, which would be cheaper and more available?
Here is a example of one. On a side note I met a guy who used ones of these, they are loud but of course super light and cheap.

Reactions: color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
I just can't phantom being enclosed with a running 2 cycle engine to ctb.
Too much noise and smoke, certainly far, far away from comfortable and peaceful.

Reactions: Glaski
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
I just can't phantom being enclosed with a running 2 cycle engine to ctb.
Too much noise and smoke, certainly far, far away from comfortable and peaceful.

Then how to people die from these accidently?

Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
I've heard of a contractor working in a house with a tight deadline in the winter. Running a gen for 10+ hours, they found him on the floor and the generator was out of gas

Reactions: checkouttime
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
It's always easier to die when you're not trying.
When you're trying, Murphy's law dictates that it become much more difficult.

Reactions: dyingalone123 and Glaski
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
It's always easier to die when you're not trying.
When you're trying, Murphy's law dictates that it become much more difficult.

Yeah, but I mean if the fumes were so horrible, you would think people would know something is going wrong instead of just dying.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Yeah, but I mean if the fumes were so horrible, you would think people would know something is going wrong instead of just dying.
When you are in construction, your mind is preoccupied with a lot of details, none of which include dying.
That allows one to ignore even the shittiest of circumstances, horrible fumes.

Quite different when you are trying to ctb.
Your mind is racing, anxiety out the wazoo, fearful and fighting your SI.
Makes a big difference.

Besides, the contractor had to whole house to fill with fumes.
I assume to ctb, one would shut themselves in a single room with the generator, making the fumes that much more intense.