• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Dunwitlife

Feb 13, 2020
I want to use a portable gas generator to ctb but they are CARB compliant. Will they not produce enough carbon monoxide?

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
CARB compliant won't mean much for those things, but newer ones probably burn pretty clean. But they generally do not have catalytic converters so that is a good thing. If you run it on the choke setting (if it's carbureted) then it should spew out lots of CO. If your generator is fuel injected instead of being carbureted like a lot of newer ones are, I would not recommend it as a CO producer. It will just make a lot more CO2

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
D

Dunwitlife

Feb 13, 2020
CARB compliant won't mean much for those things, but newer ones probably burn pretty clean. But they generally do not have catalytic converters so that is a good thing. If you run it on the choke setting (if it's carbureted) then it should spew out lots of CO. If your generator is fuel injected instead of being carbureted like a lot of newer ones are, I would not recommend it as a CO producer. It will just make a lot more CO2
Thank you for the info. I don't know anything about generators. I don't have the generator yet. Never operated one before either. I've been looking online at different ones trying to figure out which one would be ideal.

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for the info. I don't know anything about generators. I don't have the generator yet. Never operated one before either. I've been looking online at different ones trying to figure out which one would be ideal.
Avoid one that says it is fuel injected for sure
Avoid one that says it is fuel injected for sure
Also avoid diesel, diesels exhaust is not imminently harmful
I would also recommend the highest octane available since the engines in generators are low compression and don't need the extra stable combustion properties. It could theoretically burn less completely and give you better results. Also, try not to put the engine under load, so don't have anything plugged in. If you have the engine just chugging along on choke it will have the worst (best for CTB) air fuel ratio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunwitlife
E

Eertyuio

May 11, 2020
@squirtsoda should the engine be on choke or off choke for CTB air fuel ratio

NothingLeft071110

NothingLeft071110

I’m over life. Ready for it to be over.
May 20, 2020
I am doing this method as well. I just purchased my generator. Waiting for it to come In. I will put it in my car and sit somewhere while
It does it's job.
I want to use a portable gas generator to ctb but they are CARB compliant. Will they not produce enough carbon monoxide?

P

PainAndSadness

Student
Sep 21, 2022
Would it be better to use an old generator (10-20yrs old) rather than a new one to produce more CO?