• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Stryxmain

Oct 24, 2018
I know there is a main thread about carbon monoxide, but I think this method deserves its own section. I've also made a post on 8chan about it to try gathering as much information as possible.

I came across a study from Iowa State University that got me thinking (link: https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-concentrations-table-aen-172/ ). My theory would be that portable gasoline generators (with carburetor, not fuel injection) produce a lot more carbon monoxide than charcoal. If true, this method would have a lot more positives compared to charcoal or acids. They are easily available, produce less heat and require very little preparation. The only cons would be the noise (and maybe the cost for some people).

Does anyone know how much carbon monoxide is produced by portable gas generators compared to charcoal? We should contact PPeH to test this method or even better, if someone on this forum has a high grade CO meter that would be great. Being able to compare the amount of CO produced between a portable gas generator and charcoal after 45 minutes would give us a better understanding of how lethal it is.

Some factors to take into consideration would be:
What about the wattage? Do bigger models produce more CO?
Does the "load" have any impact on the amount of CO produced?

Attachments

• 61qMnQbeKtL._SL1000_.jpg
    61qMnQbeKtL._SL1000_.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, weedoge, nohoper and 2 others
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
I've tossed this around as a method, however there is no reason for me to suddenly have a generator, and I don't know how I would be able to pull it off.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and About_to_Go
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hi you might want to rename the thread or ask a mod to just for clarity. Since there is literally a COgen generator and I misunderstood the title for that at first.

I've been curious about this method too actually, it'd be interesting if we could find a particular appliance that is easy to force CO out of. It'd probably help to have someone knwoeldgeable in engines/this kind of thing maybe they can tell us when partial combustion is at its peak (under more load? Etc)

I'll do some reading.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Stryxmain and About_to_Go
P

PainAndSadness

Student
Sep 21, 2022
Is the higher the wattage of the generator also better? Or does it not make a difference