whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
GenesAndEnviroment requested this, and I also wanted to write about it.

Let´s say it was 2006 or so. Back then I was physically healthy, and had the energy needed to have friends. So I was playing Fatal Frame 3 in the PlayStation 2 with my friend A. in his house. We were in a jolly mood, making fun of the repetitive phrases one of the characters repeated. 'It's raining again'. Crisp recollection of some details, that's very odd for me. So what I'm saying is that we weren't scared, we weren't in some preliminary state of mind for psychotic hallucinations. We were making fun of the game.

Suddenly, the console stopped working. Grey static took over in the screen. We fiddled around with the wires and the buttons, no luck. Our laughter had started to acquire a tinge of uncertainty. That's when the lights of the room started flickering on and off. This was enough to signal a stampede. We run from the living and took refuge in the kitchen, but not before seeing and hearing how the door of the bathroom slammed furiously when we passed, increasing our fright tenfold. We both knew that bathroom had just a tiny window to the exterior, which was closed, and that kind of wind just doesn't enter a house with enough force to simulate what felt exactly like someone had slammed the door shut in anger.

Then P. called us, he was around and wanted to know if we were going to do something that evening. P. was a thin, athletic guy that loved to rollerblade and that some years later would be toyed with and discarded by the only girl I would went out in my life, which did something similar with me. I'm just randomly choosing to flesh out a character just because lol So with P. on the phone, we tried to tell what was going on, but he laughed it off as a prank we were doing on him, and proposed to come just then to tear down the charade. In a few minutes he was there with us, mocking our concerned and rigid expressions.

But get this, very soon P. was the most frightened of the trio. After going back to the living room to show him what was going on, it happened. The slamming door phenomenon was not for the faint-hearted and one dose was enough to turn his derision into murderous panic. When we three tried to hide in A.'s bedroom, absolutely terrified at this point, me and P. got inside first and P. was so fucking scared that he tried to wrestle me to hold the door with A. outside with whatever the fuck that was behind the flickering lights and moving doors! These situations really test people, and for a coward I didn't do so bad.

I pushed P. aside and let A. inside. All three of us ended barricaded behind and beneath a typical Spanish 'mesa-camilla', which will likely dissappear when the generation of my grandparents dies off. It was summer and we were covered in sweat. The door was closed, but we noticed that it was fucking trembling in a paranormal fashion. Then, I managed to find some bravery and I stood up a little, while my two friends kept crouching down. I witnessed how a freaking sports ball was thrown by something to the ceiling, and how a wooden stand rack oscillated back and forth. Then I tried to open the window, so we could at least try to jump to the ground (it was a 1st floor), but the blinds malfunctioned and closed more instead of opening!

Then, when things were more desperate, it stopped. We sensed a change in the atmosphere, we got up and escaped from the house hastily. To this day A. says that nothing like this ever happened again in his house, and the last time I communicated with these two (like 8 years ago), they confirmed that everything happened as I wrote and didn't deny that something very strange happened that day.

Of course, this is the experience that banished me forever from the land of bland, crass materialism, and that propeled me further into weirdness. Honestly, normality is lame, this simulation/hell realm could do better. Struggle, satisfaction of needs, sex, death. The reign of genes, but apparently without a reason (that's a misconception, of course). Life exists but it could not. There is something instead of nothing, but that means nothing. Nah. We need more weirdness. I will hold close to my heart my paranormal experiences until the day I die, they showed me there's something else to life than what nihilistic materialists pretend.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: omoidarui, Pluto, Foresight and 3 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

Let´s say it was 2006 or so. Back then I was physically healthy, and had the energy needed to have friends. So I was playing Fatal Frame 3 in the PlayStation 2 with my friend A. in his house. We were in a jolly mood, making fun of the repetitive phrases one of the characters repeated. 'It's raining again'. Crisp recollection of some details, that's very odd for me. So what I'm saying is that we weren't scared, we weren't in some preliminary state of mind for psychotic hallucinations. We were making fun of the game.

Suddenly, the console stopped working. Grey static took over in the screen. We fiddled around with the wires and the buttons, no luck. Our laughter had started to acquire a tinge of uncertainty. That's when the lights of the room started flickering on and off. This was enough to signal a stampede. We run from the living and took refuge in the kitchen, but not before seeing and hearing how the door of the bathroom slammed furiously when we passed, increasing our fright tenfold. We both knew that bathroom had just a tiny window to the exterior, which was closed, and that kind of wind just doesn't enter a house with enough force to simulate what felt exactly like someone had slammed the door shut in anger.

Then P. called us, he was around and wanted to know if we were going to do something that evening. P. was a thin, athletic guy that loved to rollerblade and that some years later would be toyed with and discarded by the only girl I would went out in my life, which did something similar with me. I'm just randomly choosing to flesh out a character just because lol So with P. on the phone, we tried to tell what was going on, but he laughed it off as a prank we were doing on him, and proposed to come just then to tear down the charade. In a few minutes he was there with us, mocking our concerned and rigid expressions.

But get this, very soon P. was the most frightened of the trio. After going back to the living room to show him what was going on, it happened. The slamming door phenomenon was not for the faint-hearted and one dose was enough to turn his derision into murderous panic. When we three tried to hide in A.'s bedroom, absolutely terrified at this point, me and P. got inside first and P. was so fucking scared that he tried to wrestle me to hold the door with A. outside with whatever the fuck that was behind the flickering lights and moving doors! These situations really test people, and for a coward I didn't do so bad.

I pushed P. aside and let A. inside. All three of us ended barricaded behind and beneath a typical Spanish 'mesa-camilla', which will likely dissappear when the generation of my grandparents dies off. It was summer and we were covered in sweat. The door was closed, but we noticed that it was fucking trembling in a paranormal fashion. Then, I managed to find some bravery and I stood up a little, while my two friends kept crouching down. I witnessed how a freaking sports ball was thrown by something to the ceiling, and how a wooden stand rack oscillated back and forth. Then I tried to open the window, so we could at least try to jump to the ground (it was a 1st floor), but the blinds malfunctioned and closed more instead of opening!

Then, when things were more desperate, it stopped. We sensed a change in the atmosphere, we got up and escaped from the house hastily. To this day A. says that nothing like this ever happened again in his house, and the last time I communicated with these two (like 8 years ago), they confirmed that everything happened as I wrote and didn't deny that something very strange happened that day.

Of course, this is the experience that banished me forever from the land of bland, crass materialism, and that propeled me further into weirdness. Honestly, normality is lame, this simulation/hell realm could do better. Struggle, satisfaction of needs, sex, death. The reign of genes, but apparently without a reason (that's a misconception, of course). Life exists but it could not. There is something instead of nothing, but that means nothing. Nah. We need more weirdness. I will hold close to my heart my paranormal experiences until the day I die, they showed me there's something else to life than what nihilistic materialists pretend.
Reminds me of an experience I had with my sister when we were little children. We played at a forest with some scooters. We saw someone else in front of us. He was like 50 meters away from us. The dude was huge, very huge, like kind of unbellievable huge. (his height). He did not move. He stood at a parting of two ways. It was evening and winter time. It was pretty dark. We could not see his face but it is was white and black. But I don't mean his skin-color. It rather looked like a mask. Afterwards (not sure how much time after it) I saw a similar mask in a TV ad for a horror movie. The mask looked a little bit like the dude from the horror movie Scream.

When we saw him. Me and my sister were shocked and returned as fast as possible to my mom. Even years afterwards me and my sister both were convinced to have seen him. When I told this story to my friends they thought I was kidding them. Because the description of this dude perfectly fit to Slenderman. Before they told me that I have never heard of him. But honeslty when I see pictures of him now I have to say there are some similarities.

Though how do I judge all of this. I don't believe in Slenderman or supernatural experiences. I rather think the fantasy of two little children was a little bit too much. I am not sure who are what this creature was we saw. But I believe there are some good non-supernatural explanations for that. I will never know the truth. I rather doubt it was a maniac who wanted to murder children. Though I know there were rumors that such a person existed in that area. Still I rather think it might was a tree. Or we chlidren were this small that we could not assess his real height. It was very dark maybe his face was a deception.

My first guess is. The psychology of two children was deceived. The second guess this dude was a psychopath who did shit like that. Honestly I would be curious what would have happened if we walked to him. I think it was the right decision to run away. The off-chance that he was a psycho is quite small but the consequences would have been pretty bad.
The last explanation is supernatural experience. I rather doubt this a lot. I think explanation number one is way more convincing for me.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Foresight, rationaltake and whatevs
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021

Thanks for typing it out. Some problems with the electricity, followed by air pressure from guys running through a corridor, followed by fear-induced mistaken perception (or ghosts breaking the laws of physics, if we think that's more likely).

• Yay!
Reactions: MildenWarden, whatevs, Marine and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
While eerie, we're going to need more than some anectodes to falsify materialism.

You're going to have to abandon meaning at some point no matter what your ontology is. Any complete theory has to pay the cost of appealing to a brute fact which has no prior cause (e.g. god, a fundamental particle, etc); it just is. There is no meaning you could ever extract at that point.

May we agree that, meaning is when something has a defined significance within the system it's part of. When you reach that self-sufficient thing, be it god or whatever else, it's not itself part of any system, so cannot have any significance in this way. It only produces other, causally dependent systems.

The only escape from this I can think of, is to posit an infinite chain of systems which belong to other systems. This would preclude god i.e. an all-powerful entity. It's really a question of picking your absurdity poison.

Reactions: chocolatebar and whatevs
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
rezando-rezar.gif

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Pluto, Foresight and 2 others
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
While eerie, we're going to need more than some anectodes to falsify materialism.

You're going to have to abandon meaning at some point no matter what your ontology is. Any complete theory has to pay the cost of appealing to a brute fact which has no prior cause (e.g. god, a fundamental particle, etc); it just is. There is no meaning you could ever extract at that point.

May we agree that, meaning is when something has a defined significance within the system it's part of. When you reach that self-sufficient thing, be it god or whatever else, it's not itself part of any system, so cannot have any significance in this way. It only produces other, causally dependent systems.

The only escape from this I can think of, is to posit an infinite chain of systems which belong to other systems. This would preclude god i.e. an all-powerful entity. It's really a question of picking your absurdity poison.
Agreed mostly on your take on inescapable absurdism though I think Samkhya or Schopenhauer posited a possible solution, but direct experience of paranormal phenomena does falsify materialism IMO. Obviously second hand narrations will never have the convincing power experience has.
Reminds me of an experience I had with my sister when we were little children. We played at a forest with some scooters. We saw someone else in front of us. He was like 50 meters away from us. The dude was huge, very huge, like kind of unbellievable huge. (his height). He did not move. He stood at a parting of two ways. It was evening and winter time. It was pretty dark. We could not see his face but it is was white and black. But I don't mean his skin-color. It rather looked like a mask. Afterwards (not sure how much time after it) I saw a similar mask in a TV ad for a horror movie. The mask looked a little bit like the dude from the horror movie Scream.

When we saw him. Me and my sister were shocked and returned as fast as possible to my mom. Even years afterwards me and my sister both were convinced to have seen him. When I told this story to my friends they thought I was kidding them. Because the description of this dude perfectly fit to Slenderman. Before they told me that I have never heard of him. But honeslty when I see pictures of him now I have to say there are some similarities.

Though how do I judge all of this. I don't believe in Slenderman or supernatural experiences. I rather think the fantasy of two little children was a little bit too much. I am not sure who are what this creature was we saw. But I believe there are some good non-supernatural explanations for that. I will never know the truth. I rather doubt it was a maniac who wanted to murder children. Though I know there were rumors that such a person existed in that area. Still I rather think it might was a tree. Or we chlidren were this small that we could not assess his real height. It was very dark maybe his face was a deception.

My first guess is. The psychology of two children was deceived. The second guess this dude was a psychopath who did shit like that. Honestly I would be curious what would have happened if we walked to him. I think it was the right decision to run away. The off-chance that he was a psycho is quite small but the consequences would have been pretty bad.
The last explanation is supernatural experience. I rather doubt this a lot. I think explanation number one is way more convincing for me.
Interesting story, noname!

I mean, for my case it's not like self-slamming doors can be chalked up to imagination.

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I always smile when I see el chavo in the internet :)

Interesting perspective. There used to happen similar things in my grandmother's old house, but somehow, it brought me deeper into materialism.

I remember my cousins' scared faces, the wide opened eyes, the general uneasiness in the air and the hypersensitivity to stimuli after the experiences and, most importantly, everyone together again in the next week, as if nothing happened, eating, gossiping in the kitchen, watching repetitive things in the tv, and other things like that. I felt so bored in there that, even when getting extremely scared, I actually hoped for more supernatural experiences to happen.

I ended up developing the idea that this reality is so boring and depressing that we can't stand to imagine all this as the only thing that exists. It would be the ultimate horror, so we get desperate. There HAS to be something else.

However, for all the life experience that I have, I can say that things tend to go in the most depressing way and materialism is the stronger candidate. I think I just developed a theory in here xD.

Reactions: whatevs
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Glad to finally get the inside scoop on this experience. That is one of the most intense ones I've heard. Would scare the crap out of me. I'm more familiar with after-death communications, which are always benign by comparison.

I used to watch TV shows about paranormal events. Usually there would be a story behind them and an earthbound spirit was causing trouble after dying under unjust circumstances but being too afraid to go to the light. It was not common to have an extreme one-off event like yours. I don't know what else to say.

Boosheen ghost pusheen

• Love
Reactions: Foresight and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
View attachment 95739
Thanks for typing it out. Some problems with the electricity, followed by air pressure from guys running through a corridor, followed by fear-induced mistaken perception (or ghosts breaking the laws of physics, if we think that's more likely).
They don't need to break the laws of physics if they can exert an invisible force, like air does.