Poll: Would you still visit SaSu if it was accessible only through the dark net?

• Yes

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Maybe. I am not sure.

Votes: 25 21.7%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am not sure it might depend whether the content would change. If everything stayed the same I think I would follow the site even to the dark net.

I go with I am not sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and LifeQuitter
null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
The dark net with all its connotations and reputation makes me say no.

Things are hard enough without having to know how to dot onion and so on.

Reactions: 3/4Dead and LifeQuitter
daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
I would definitely use SaSu on the dark web. I have played with the tor browser in the past, and its not a big deal.

SaSu is already available on the dark web, I wonder if the mods have any statistics on how many people are already using this site from the dark.

I am not sure whether this site is of any danger of being blocked on www, but shouldn't we be prepared to jump
ship at any moment?

Obviously, the site itself is ready for this, but it seems that SaSu users might not be.
If this is true is there something that could be done to educate SaSu users?

Reactions: guest6362 and alltoomuch2
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
You mean the deep web (ie. only accessible via TOR). The dark web is the illegal part of the deep web.

• Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter
daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
You mean the deep web (ie. only accessible via TOR). The dark web is the illegal part of the deep web.
I am not an expert, I just googled around a bit, and the common definitions do not match yours.

amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
The TOR browser is easy to install and use (I'm using it right now on my phone). Having an *.onion site would be a good backup plan if there isn't one already.

Reactions: wCvML2
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
I am not an expert, I just googled around a bit, and the common definitions do not match yours.
Yeah, deep web has a broader definition; but in this context that's what he was talking about, I presume.

Space Outlaw Bunny

Space Outlaw Bunny

autistic magical girl gender neutral
Apr 29, 2023
To be honest, I was never interested in how to open and use the dark net (even torrents). I just watched one game about it, but I'm sure it's not so scary like in this game (Welcome to the Game). But I don't want to lose SaSu, it means a lot to me. So if someone would teach me about it, I would still be here.

Reactions: abchia, Heartaches and LifeQuitter
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

The sun rises to insult me.
Jul 15, 2024
It's literally the same site, dark net or not, so yeah I would.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Heartaches, tenshi天神, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
revontulet

revontulet

Aug 4, 2024
Yes. Tor browser and onion sites are easy to use. Brave also allows the use of the tor network.

Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
Yeah, sure, by using Tor web browser and a VPN.

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Yeah, why not? Using dark net to communicate (not for illegal purposes) is legal in most countries.

Last edited:
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024
Yeah, deep web has a broader definition; but in this context that's what he was talking about, I presume.
Pretty sure they meant dark web as in only accessible through Tor.

Deep web would mean the domain doesn't show up on search engines or there is no domain and you need to enter the site IP directly.

• Informative
Reactions: 3/4Dead, yellowjester and LifeQuitter
LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
If it would work on apple device without much hassle then yes, otherwise no.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm too stupid to figure out how to set that up so no.

yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Pretty sure they meant dark web as in only accessible through Tor.

Deep web would mean the domain doesn't show up on search engines or there is no domain and you need to enter the site IP directly.
Oh, you're right. I got it mixed up.

SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
I surfed around the dark web via Tor a few times so I probably would. Navigating through the site would definitely be a bit of a hassle though with Tor's slower loading speeds.

Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
IT things are easy for me, so I'd always find a way to visit SaSu, even if it is much more complicated than just dark web that seems easy.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
I'm too stupid and scared to use TOR or access the deep web so naturally I'd rather not use it or have to for anything. But I kinda need access to SaSu so I may need to in such a scenario, even though I'd obviously rather avoid

Reactions: sugarb and alltoomuch2
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
Those who give away their rights for convenience deserve neither. 27% of people needs to stop fearing everything or pursuing dopamine once in a while.

Last edited:
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I don't really need this site anymore since I've more or less figured out everything I had to. I just use it when I'm bored / want to be honest about my feelings. As such- no, it wouldn't be worth the trouble of figuring out Tor and whatever.
Those who give away their rights for convenience deserve neither. 27% of people needs to stop fearing everything or pursuing dopamine once in a while.
How is choosing not to visit a website because it's inconvenient giving away "rights" lmao what are you talking about

Last edited:
Reactions: 3/4Dead
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
I surfed around the dark web via Tor a few times so I probably would. Navigating through the site would definitely be a bit of a hassle though with Tor's slower loading speeds.
My exact thoughts. I'd for sure visit, but maybe not as often because it takes forever to load sites through Tor and I feel as if that would make the experience a tad more stressful.

Reactions: ladylazarus4, sugarb and SteamaHorns
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
How is choosing not to visit a website because it's inconvenient giving away "rights" lmao what are you talking about
Most people are here either because they wanna die, or because they feel understood like nowhere else. Freedom of speech or the right to die. I think they're worth more than a little of convenience...

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
yeah? I've already been accessing this site through Tor when I've needed too~

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
If someone van help me understand how to.

SaSu is like home..

K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
I might have visited it to look up methods, but I'm not sure I would have signed up.

I guess it really depends on the content, which would probably change quite a bit. TOR is a big gatekeeper and the community and discourse would probably be less colourful.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Yeah, I first found it through TOR but I regularly use it on a normal browser, but I'd be fine using it only on TOR if needed.

Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I've never used TOR or entered the dark net, I only know a couple of things. I'd be willing to learn just to keep using this site, nothing else really.​

Reactions: ijustwishtodie