• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Would you like to live in the US or one of the following European countries?

• USA

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • One of the following countries (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain)

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I once did a similar poll. But I did not rule out countries like Romania or in general poor European countries.

Yesterday I read a newspaper article how great the life in the US is compared to most European countries. The Americans are more eager and more productive. They are better equipped for the future with their computer technology. The US has more economic growth.
The Europeans were lazy instead.

Tbh I prefer to live in Germany completely in contrast to the US. I would live on the streets now with my health care expenses. The average Joe and Jane is fucked in the US. It is a completely different game if you belong to the top 30%. And even with certain health conditions you still can go broke. The inequality is horrendous and I consider the gun laws insane. Money rules everything and the political system is fucked. Especially with the polarization. I don't envy the people living there.

But what is about you? Of course I would prefer the US over Albania, Ukraine or Sudan.

Maybe the poll is not representative because in a suicide forum you will find mostly people with bad health who are often poor.

I excluded poor European countries and Scandinavian countries and Switzerland.

Mabye you can explain which of these European countries would be your favorite in case you choose Europe.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
The US, so I could get a gun.

Reactions: permanently tired and GoatHerder
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wouldn't fit in anywhere in Europe due to being Asian. At least some part of the US like the Silicon Valley have tons of Asians so people wouldn't look at me weird. I've always wanted to live in other parts of the US though the same issue arises.

Reactions: sserafim
I

imissmycat

Jul 19, 2024
Life is better in the US compared to in the EU? I would laugh if I wasn't feeling so empty.

At first I thought you were American but it seems you're German. Why did you exclude Scandinavian countries or Switzerland?

I'm from a rich EU country, now living in a poor developing country. I'd only pick US over North Korea or some seriously dangerous countries.
I wouldn't fit in anywhere in Europe due to being Asian. At least some part of the US like the Silicon Valley have tons of Asians so people wouldn't look at me weird. I've always wanted to live in other parts of the US though the same issue arises.
Asians fit in fine in Europe, no worries.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Life is better in the US compared to in the EU? I would laugh if I wasn't feeling so empty.

At first I thought you were American but it seems you're German. Why did you exclude Scandinavian countries or Switzerland?

I'm from a rich EU country, now living in a poor developing country. I'd only pick US over North Korea or some seriously dangerous countries.

For me the choice between the US and Switzerland or Scandinavian countries would be too easy. I think most people are aware that in these countries the wealth and happiness indicies are the highest on the world.

I

imissmycat

Jul 19, 2024
For me the choice between the US and Switzerland or Scandinavian countries would be too easy. I think most people are aware that in these countries the wealth and happiness indicies are the highest on the world.
Oh ok. That makes more sense.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Idk I had a friend who lived in Paris and he said California seems to be way more accepting of Asians than there.

I also don't speak any languages besides English so I don't think I could even fit in Asia either.

• Aww..
Reactions: kinderbueno
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
There's quite a few south asians in the UK and in some towns/cities they're the majority
London is also extremely diverse

Reactions: sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
There's quite a few south asians in the UK and in some towns/cities they're the majority
London or the UK would probably be the safest bet for me I suppose but I hear they have their own issues probably not as bad as in the US though.

Reactions: sserafim and kinderbueno
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
London or the UK would probably be the safest bet for me I suppose but I hear they have their own issues probably not as bad as in the US though.
Nearly all the racism here is very subtle and not really noticeable unless you think about it imo (I'm brown for context)
I'm not sure about London though, but I assume it's the same

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: Skathon, sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
As someone who lives in the UK, I'd rather live in the US. Though Canada would be nice too honestly.

Reactions: permanently tired and Ironborn
Ironborn

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
US, especially one of the states with a lot of wilderness and few people.
The UK is just suffocating.

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
The United States is an artificial nation—created, nevertheless, by Europeans—with open borders and universal US citizenship!

Would you live in the US or Europe? :pfff: The truth is that those born in first-world countries have unlimited access to milk and honey.

This is more of a "fuck you" poll for those stuck in third-world countries with no opportunities.

Everyone is welcome in the United States. This is why we are the best country!

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
i'm asian, born in scandinavian country, but migrated to canada. my parents found europe far more racist, despite wherever benefits unnamed scaninavian country had to offer. i would probably rather deal with the racism than the late stage capitalism, but it's hard to say. awful both ways, it seems.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon and Dr Iron Arc
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
It doesn't really make a difference. The only thing that's matters is money. Then you can pick anywhere. Based where you are born you'd probably prefer (as in food, hobbies, etc). Going from day a western country like the UK to Japan would be pretty extreme as the diet is completely different, way of life, etc. Again if you are working you just went from the UK to a country that overworks you to suicide lol. Couldn't make it up.

Anyways I tried going from UK to Spain and prices are cheaper but there is no work. I also noticed that there are WAY more homeless people in Spain than London. London just has road men and people going around poking people with knife's. I had 3 younger guys today hit my car twice with their door (no fucking manners and complete sub humans) so I started the engine and drove to the other side of the car park and they gave me the finger. So if I retaliate and they pull out a knife that's it. The most painful way. And this is fucking north London.

Even in Spain in a rental car there were gypsies asking for "car parking payment". If you didn't pay a few euros they would damage your car (Costa Del Sol area).

Living in a different country is just grass always greener. Unless you have a lot of funds to be away from people you just shift the problems to the new area.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and kinderbueno
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
One of the following countries (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain)
What about East Asians? I'm East Asian and I've always liked London. I've been there before as a tourist several times but never lived there long-term

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024

What about East Asians? I'm East Asian and I've always liked London. I've been there before as a tourist several times but never lived there long-term
London has loads of east asians as well, especially from China. Oxford also has lots of east asians

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon and sserafim
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024

Ready for the black pill? (Im part English, Sicilian and other nations).

UK - welcome to the new Islamic stronghold. You walk around anywhere be prepared to get mugged or have issues. Go to areas like brick lane or Shoreditch and see how "welcome" you are. Lots of rich cunts in gated area away from the "issues" but keep importing the issues.
Areas are too secluded by sect. Edgware Road is Muslims only, Hendon is Jewish only, etc - a lot of areas are to certain faiths/races in general so it makes you stick out like a sore thumb.

Germany - have a look at the rape statistics for women. Lots and lots of imported "doctors, engineers and scientists" lol. Angela Merkel started that invasion.

France - turning into another Baghdad. Go DuckDuckGo (NOT GOOGLE) and take a look at Paris - the rubbish, rapes, the filth, etc.

Italy - corruption of the highest order. It took me a year to get my Italian passport and only because a relative knew someone a bit higher up on a government capacity. Infrastructure is complete shit and if things go wrong be prepared to go through 20 different people with no answer. Same applies to Sicily.

Spain (south where I lived) - gypsies are basically doing mafia style collecting like with the car parks. Homelessness is HIGH. Unemployment is HIGH. Areas that don't have security areas (I lived on a golf course and it had its own security who were used multiple times) so you can get robbed. Drug dealings are also apparent from what I saw and the Spanish Police got involved (the countries police not for the municipality). Similar to Italy where things go wrong they blame each other and nothing gets done. I had it in my rental flat where birds were nesting in the boiler (yes could have blown out half the fuckikg building) and they said "oh the last contractor should have done it". Yeah blowing me to kingdom come and it's "someone else's fault"lol.

If I had the money Spain is the only one that you could do OK in and be away from people - the majority of people are Spanish (so culture and people and language they all relate), food is healthy (Mediterranean), near the sea so get sea area, wildlife, etc. BUT you need fuck you money. Go to parts of south London and see how safe it is lol.

Life experience/rant over lol. Sorry I'm really pissed today.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Agon321 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Ready for the black pill? (Im part English, Sicilian and other nations).

UK - welcome to the new Islamic stronghold. You walk around anywhere be prepared to get mugged or have issues. Go to areas like brick lane or Shoreditch and see how "welcome" you are. Lots of rich cunts in gated area away from the "issues" but keep importing the issues.
Areas are too secluded by sect. Edgware Road is Muslims only, Hendon is Jewish only, etc - a lot of areas are to certain faiths/races in general so it makes you stick out like a sore thumb.

Germany - have a look at the rape statistics for women. Lots and lots of imported "doctors, engineers and scientists" lol. Angela Merkel started that invasion.

France - turning into another Baghdad. Go DuckDuckGo (NOT GOOGLE) and take a look at Paris - the rubbish, rapes, the filth, etc.

Italy - corruption of the highest order. It took me a year to get my Italian passport and only because a relative knew someone a bit higher up on a government capacity. Infrastructure is complete shit and if things go wrong be prepared to go through 20 different people with no answer. Same applies to Sicily.

Spain (south where I lived) - gypsies are basically doing mafia style collecting like with the car parks. Homelessness is HIGH. Unemployment is HIGH. Areas that don't have security areas (I lived on a golf course and it had its own security who were used multiple times) so you can get robbed. Drug dealings are also apparent from what I saw and the Spanish Police got involved (the countries police not for the municipality). Similar to Italy where things go wrong they blame each other and nothing gets done. I had it in my rental flat where birds were nesting in the boiler (yes could have blown out half the fuckikg building) and they said "oh the last contractor should have done it". Yeah blowing me to kingdom come and it's "someone else's fault"lol.

If I had the money Spain is the only one that you could do OK in and be away from people - the majority of people are Spanish (so culture and people and language they all relate), food is healthy (Mediterranean), near the sea so get sea area, wildlife, etc. BUT you need fuck you money. Go to parts of south London and see how safe it is lol.

Life experience/rant over lol. Sorry I'm really pissed today.
Back in 2018, my mom, sister and I (well actually just my mom) got robbed in Paris by a trio of gypsy girls when we were on the subway. It was so weird. My mom didn't even realize that she was getting robbed. The gypsies had stolen her wallet and she only knew because a French girl bystander pointed it out. She was wearing glasses and watched the whole thing play out. Right before the subway doors closed, the gypsies threw my mom's wallet back into the subway car and it landed inside. The doors closed right in time so she recovered her credit cards and stuff. Her cash was gone though

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Throwawayacc3
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Back in 2018, my mom, sister and I (well actually just my mom) got robbed in Paris by a trio of gypsies when we were on the subway. It was so weird. My mom didn't even realize that she was getting robbed. The gypsies had stolen her wallet and she only knew because a French girl bystander pointed it out. Right before the subway doors closed, the gypsies threw her wallet back into the subway and the doors closed right in time so she recovered her credit cards and stuff. Her money was gone though
Do you get why I wanted to get a license so bad at 17? Getting robbed at knife point does that to you. Avoid public transport like the plague (apart from flights). I had to get a coach from Fuengirola back to my flat in Spain and that area was so fucking dodgy I just stayed in the coach sitting area. Honestly all places are turning to shit but big cities are the worst - London, Paris, Barcelona, etc yet they put on this image of being "diverse, safe and friendly" fuck that. Liars. Just want your money and don't care you are stabbed for it. Media and politician cunts lying about stats.

How nice of them to get the wallet back /s

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
London has loads of east asians as well, especially from China. Oxford also has lots of east asians
How is racism against East Asians in the UK? I'm Chinese lol

Reactions: kinderbueno
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
I want to live in Kyoto. Certainly would not say no to Italy, London or NYC though (if I had the money).

Last edited:
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
How so? There are plenty of middle-easterners and africans in Europe, so, you might not be such a rarity as far as your appearance is concerned.

And people in Europe are very accepting of other races (historically speaking) vs. the USA.

Today, the USA is much more accepting of other cultures and races as it is more advanced regarding racial biases and stereotypes than it was in the past. But, there are still parts where it wouldn't be ideal to be non-white, but, luckily, mindsets are changing in those parts as well.

Maybe you are talking culturally, that would make sense if there isn't a huge asian presence in those European countries, it would be hard to fit in and find a group that shares your cultural values and ideas.
Do you get why I wanted to get a license so bad at 17? Getting robbed at knife point does that to you. Avoid public transport like the plague (apart from flights). I had to get a coach from Fuengirola back to my flat in Spain and that area was so fucking dodgy I just stayed in the coach sitting area. Honestly all places are turning to shit but big cities are the worst - London, Paris, Barcelona, etc yet they put on this image of being "diverse, safe and friendly" fuck that. Liars. Just want your money and don't care you are stabbed for it. Media and politician cunts lying about stats.

lol, robber gypsies with morals and class...

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
How is racism against East Asians in the UK? I'm Chinese lol
I spent a lot of time with a friend from another school who was Chinese. It really depends on the family. His family was middle class but quite relaxed on most things (polar opposite to your family). I'm sort of a runt anyway ethically and religion upbringing (I don't follow any of that crap though) so I'm sort of a misfit. Plus the autism makes you spot all these things that are considered "racist" to normies lol. So when he went to uni and came back all his friends were Chinese, actually 1 of them was Korean lol. We both liked PC Games and same music but when you start seeing stuff like this it just shows how in group people get.

In London being Chinese is favoured however it's a bit of a coin toss. If you are the type to love the Chinese regimes then you are either an activist or a politicians wife OR if you are just a "normie" citizen then people don't mind. Again when I got robbed 4 times - not one occurrence was someone from say China, Korea, Japan, etc. I'm just pointing out my pattern recognition. They don't cause trouble and issue either however like I explained above some areas are where they like to go: St John's Wood's and Finchley has A LOT of Japanese people (I moved in a lot of tenants into NW8). China town is pretty obvious lol but I think it quite dirty outside - people eating food and throwing it on the street (but that's from all races - humans are cunts lol).

As a ranking on race lmao this sounds so weird and dumb you'd be fine. Ironically in South Spain there were a lot of Chinese people (I really have no idea why). I used to go to a large shopping place called CHINAHOME and I'd talk with the younger guy if the family - he was pretty based but his parents were straight up normies.

Edit: let me rephrase. You'd be fine until your guts are on the floor and you are dying in pain from being shanked by a road man who wanted your money, phone, wallet and Nintendo 3DS. He's going to make a drill song how he robs people and makes beats on his 3DS

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

Oh btw, on a trip of Europe back in 2013, (we went with a Chinese tour group), our tour guide was robbed at a rest stop by gypsies. He lost his backpack with all of his money and passport as well as other documents. I remember that we all had to go to this police station and someone in the tour group thought that I was suspicious lol (maybe cuz of autism? Idk)

On our last trip to France (back in 2019), we went to this place called Saint-Maries-de-la-Mer, which was by the sea. It was also close to the Camargue (a marsh), and after we finished eating at this restaurant run by relatives of The Gipsy Kings, we drove back to our hotel through the marsh. It was dark and there was a car following us. We thought that it was gypsies after us who were trying to murder us. We were scared as fuck tbh

Last edited:
  • Wow
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Oh btw, on a trip of Europe back in 2013, (we went with a Chinese tour group), our tour guide was robbed at a rest stop by gypsies. He lost his backpack with all of his money and passport as well as other documents. I remember that we all had to go to this police station and someone in the tour group thought that I was suspicious lol (maybe cuz of autism? Idk)

On our last trip to France (back in 2019), we went to this place called Saint-Maries-de-la-Mer, which was by the sea. It was also close to the Camargue (a marsh), and after we finished eating at this restaurant run by relatives of The Gipsy Kings, we drove back to our hotel through the marsh. It was dark and there was a car following us. We thought that it was gypsies after us who were trying to murder us. We were scared as fuck tbh
The thing I noticed is that if you have autism or do things in a very particular way you are treated really different. I had it a lot in Spain. It's not very "tolerated" should I say unlike the UK. So yeah, your group and the 1 autist you'll get singled out lol.

This. Spain has a lot of very barren roads and mountain areas. If you got into mainland Sicily as well you are asking for trouble (mafia types tend to be around those areas). At least being in a car you can escape or ram them if things get weird. You'd want a flat/house that is far away from the main town but close enough to other houses/flats. Those houses that are in the middle of nowhere are not safe in the slightest. One restaurant had to close down in Sicily near where my family is from because of the mafia "bribes". Essentially they were taking so many earnings from the business they had to flee. It was a bit more inland. It's all hush hush though. You don't hear about it on any Italian media.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
How so? There are plenty of middle-easterners and africans in Europe, so, you might not be such a rarity as far as your appearance is concerned.

And people in Europe are very accepting of other races (historically speaking) vs. the USA.

Today, the USA is much more accepting of other cultures and races as it is more advanced regarding racial biases and stereotypes than it was in the past. But, there are still parts where it wouldn't be ideal to be non-white, but, luckily, mindsets are changing in those parts as well.

Maybe you are talking culturally, that would make sense if there isn't a huge asian presence in those European countries, it would be hard to fit in and find a group that shares your cultural values and ideas.
I do basically mean culture even though my real culture is just plain Asian American. Also just because there are other types of foreigners doesn't mean they'll all accept Asians I'd imagine. Some parts of the US are indeed very unaccepting of other races but I happen to live in a part where I never experienced any racial disillusionment thanks to there being a well established community of the exact same types of people of my culture in the area. At this point, I'm more at home in the SF Bay Area than in Taiwan since I've only ever been there a few times.

• Love
Reactions: lacrimosa
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Can't decide! I would vote for No.

In the end, it's a question of money from my POV. There are way more countries on Earth where you can get so much more for USD and EUR than in the US or Europe let alone affordable property to live in. That can actually be a better life quality.

C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
I might get a better QOL in Europe than I'd get in America (better disability support, theoretically lower cost of living), but in America I'd be able to buy a gun if I decide I am done with living.