• Extrovert

Results are only viewable after voting.
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
ExtrovertAmbivert (Somewhere between)Introvert
BehaviorOutgoing, talkative, energeticReserved, solitary
AttitudeInterest focused on external activity; actions, social worldInterest focused on inner activity; ideas, mental world
EnergyTypically derived from social interaction. Being around others gives an extrovert energy. Being alone drains it.Typically derived from "alone time." Being around other people drains energy from introverts. Being alone recharges them.
ConversationExtroverts often like to talk ideas through, developing their opinions as they talk about it.Introverts often like to think things through and develop an opinion before they talk about it.
Brain SensitivityMore sensitive to rewards and external reward cues.More sensitive to punishment and internal reward cues.
Descriptive LanguageExtroverts describe things more abstractly, with less detail.Introverts describe things more concretely, with greater detail.
RiskExtroverts usually are willing to engage in behaviors that require risk.Introverts often avoid risks, and engage in low-risk behaviors.
GoalsExtroverts often choose immediate gratification over long-term goals.Introverts often choose long-term goals over immediate gratification.
Overall happinessExtroverts reports higher happiness, overall, than introverts.Introverts report lower levels of happiness, overall, than extroverts. This may be because they actually are less happy, but it could also be that they are just less declarative about their feelings than extroverts.
ProductivityExtroverts are often more productive in an environment that favors collaboration.Introverts are often more productive in an environment that allows them to concentrate without disturbance.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Belit667, Sensei, Covidblows and 6 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Introvert

• Love
Reactions: Belit667 and _Minsk
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I don't agree to the characterization of introvert / extrovert ... it is a gross oversimplification.

Reactions: Sensei, epic, Brink and 6 others
Nolye

Nolye

The hardest battles are fought in the mind.
May 3, 2020
Another introvert here!

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Socially anxious extrovert reporting in ;;

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Sensei, Brink, mutedgoldensunshine and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I am a gregarious introvert. I can be eloquent and enjoy the company of others. However, I need to be alone to recharge my emotional batteries. That is my definition of an introvert.

• Love
Reactions: Sensei, enjolras and _Minsk
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Extrovert

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9 and _Minsk
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Introvert unless i'm familiar with people.
Seems introversion correlates with people on here, suggests confidence & social skills helps you in life, unsurprising.

Reactions: darkwater, Brink and enjolras
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I would say I've learned social skills and confidence has come with age. I'm still an introvert though. Though I enjoy company, I need time alone to decompress.
I would suggest that an extrovert gains energy from being around other people, whereas an introvert spends it.

Reactions: Sensei and _Minsk
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
I'm definitely an introvert.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing and _Minsk
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
introverts UNITEEE!!

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Evermore and Woodnote
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Defo introvert with humans in groups, less so individually. Extravert with animals ? At a party, gimme an anti-social cat to play with so I can escape in a bubble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good4Nothing and _Minsk
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
introverts UNITEEE!!

Introverts be like, "Nah, I'm good. I'll stand outside and watch, though."

And then they're all outside...together.

Issues.

Reactions: Brink, _Minsk, Brackenshire and 1 other person
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
Introvert from 9 to 5.
Extrovert from 6 until I go to bed.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and enjolras
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Matthias_k
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I always believed I was a introvert, I minimize human interaction as much as I can, or contain my thoughts and give a fake ass smile. Forgot to list hermit as an option! Lol :P

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and enjolras
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
i fit the introvert stereotypes somewhat well, but when i'm with a small group of close friends i can easily act ridiculous and be the loudest there lol

• Love
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Extroverts often like to talk ideas through, developing their opinions as they talk about it.

Ahem...

Extrovert. Which usually means I either freak out introverts, or ease things for them. They either put their heads down and hope I don't notice them, or are relieved when I show up, depending on the moment. Poor introverts, I just wanna hug them and say, "I'm sorry!!!! It's okay!" But if I do that, then I have to approach them gently and respectfully, give them the opportunity to say no, and be okay with it if they do.

I get on exceptionally well with ambiverts.

I'm amused that, based on the poll, I'm in the serious minority here. Thanks for letting me hang, introverts! Sorry if I freak you out! I don't mean to! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Brink, _Minsk, Brackenshire and 1 other person
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
So introverted some "introverted" people hate it. I don't fit the shy, introverted stereotype but I know I'm no extrovert. I don't really "change up", so wouldn't say I'm an ambivert neither.

E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
Full blown introvert. And proud

• Love
Reactions: MoreThanAFeeling and _Minsk
NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
Jun 11, 2020
I lean more towards introvert, but I am extrovert when I have to be, it's draining.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, _Minsk and ERASED
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I don't agree to the characterization of introvert / extrovert ... it is a gross oversimplification.
I have to agree. Personality is way too complicated to categorize like that.

FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
Extrovert. Talking to others is what gives me energy.

Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
Introvert, maybe ambivert at times, never heard that term before but I like it

greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
i'm pretty sure i'm an introvert, but i also have really bad social anxiety so that probably contributes to my introvertedness.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I appreciate the "ambivert" option. I have characteristics typical for both introverts and extroverts.

Reactions: _Minsk and Lorntroubles
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I would class myself as an introvert purely on the grounds that I need to be alone to recharge whilst being with others drains me.
For me, it has nothing to do with liking or not liking the company of others, it's simply how I spend or gain my emotional energy.
I'm actually quite gregarious and I can be articulate even in front of crowds of people, but only for a limited period of time and then I need to run away and hide!

Reactions: Lorntroubles and Sensei