• Yes, narcissistic abuse

• Yes, sexual abuse

• Yes, other

Results are only viewable after voting.
HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
Whether it's from family, romantic partner, whatever.
I'm interested to see how many people on here have dealt with abuse. Feel free to either elaborate on your answer, or not. It's entirely up to you

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile and Brick In The Wall
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Multiple kinds of abuse. I won't say anymore about it because others stay away from me or be judgmental

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GoodPersonEffed, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
Multiple kinds of abuse. I won't say anymore about it because others stay away from me or be judgmental
Sorry to hear that. I think if anything the people who abused you should be judged, not you

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Thereisnothing and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone here who hasn't suffered from one of those forms of abuse. I could probably tick all of those boxes except for the sexual abuse one. From almost every angle, family, spousal, society, and so called "friends."

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Carina, Csmith8827, Cevapcici and 3 others
L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
I've been neglected by both of my parents

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HereToday and Brick In The Wall
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Two narcissistic and violent tempered parents. I'm recovered a lot but at my core I'm still a very emotionally broken person.

Enough to want to CTB, at least.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Csmith8827, LegaliseIt! and HereToday
V

ValideSultana

Student
Dec 2, 2019
I've tried to deal with it many ways. Nothing has worked.

• Love
Reactions: HereToday
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
yes, sexual, emotional, financial.

it's shocking to see how abuse can change someone's mind and life forever, and the abusers are most likely feeling no remorse or even dealing with the consequences.

• Love
Reactions: escapefromabuse, Meena, ValideSultana and 1 other person
C

Céu Azul

Jan 8, 2020
I have 9 ACEs. Emotional, physical, sexual abuse. Physical, emotional neglect. Domestic violence at home. Mentally ill parent. Alcoholic father. Divorce. Plus community violence, food scarcity, peer rejection, poor academic performance, and unsafe environment growing up.

Obviously I have CPTSD.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Backwood_tilt, LegaliseIt!, peacefully31425 and 3 others
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Sexual abuse as child/teen (3 abusers) Physical and emotional abuse same time by 1 the abusers. As an adult, rape, emotional/verbal, physical and narcissistic.
Wish to point out not by my parents, I was blessed with such loving mum and dad, lost mum 8 years ago and dad just before Christmas. One reasons joined suicide forum was as dont wish to be here now dad has gone, he was all I had left.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Backwood_tilt, LegaliseIt!, HereToday and 1 other person
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I've experienced multiple types of abuse since childhood. I don't know what I did to deserve it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Csmith8827 and LegaliseIt!
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
just the normal teasing when growing up but made sure to give it all back

Reactions: LegaliseIt!
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I have. I've endured physical and emotional/mental abuse growing up. Physical was mainly during my childhood and even throughout middle and parts of high school. It soured my relations with my parents, especially my father for a long time. I still endured the mental abuse and emotional abuse until a very long time. Even now, there is still some of it though not as prevalent as before. Nevertheless, the damage is already done and it made me to who I am today. I am not looking for sympathy or pity, I'm just going to check out this year once I have everything ready and set. I don't resent my father though, I've learned to forgive and move on and as of now, currently living under parents' roof until I get around to CTB'ing. I don't plan on having a long life, career, and all that other shit that most people do, I just want to find peace, get my goals and objectives fulfilled, and finally CTB.

Reactions: Lethe
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I had mainly, neglect, emotional, sexual abuse. I felt like I was mostly ignored unless I was in trouble.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I've experienced multiple types of abuse since childhood. I don't know what I did to deserve it.

Nothing. Nobody deserves abuse.

Life just doesn't work out for some of us unluckier ones.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Csmith8827 and escapefromabuse
E

escapefromabuse

Here's Tom with the weather
Jan 25, 2020
yes, sexual, emotional, financial.

it's shocking to see how abuse can change someone's mind and life forever, and the abusers are most likely feeling no remorse or even dealing with the consequences.

This is true. A person is never the same afterward. I'm haunted by flashbacks, a nagging feeling of inadequacy, constant anger, etc. Far as I can tell she's skipping do-da-day and acting like I'm the crazy person.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Csmith8827, Fragile and Backwood_tilt
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I was bullied fairly severely at school from the ages of eight to 15. Also, my father molested me once when I was 17 and he was very drunk.

• Aww..
Reactions: enigmática saudade
F

foobar

Jan 13, 2020
Yes, physical and emotional.

My own father did that to me when I was a kid.

I will never forget his rage expression while he hit me.

Regards

• Love
Reactions: xBrialesana
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I had a pedophile neighbor when I was a kid who used to do things to me. Strangely, that does not affect me in any way. Sometimes I think about his daughter, though. It makes me really sick to think of her having to grow up with him, because I know whatever he did to me, he did so much worse to her.

I don't know if this counts as abuse or not, but an ex-boyfriend put me through a really vicious cycle of cheating and doing disrespectful things like telling me to meet him somewhere and then standing me up or saying he would be home and then leaving me waiting outside for him for hours while he got high or was with someone else. I kind of don't think that counts. It's probably mostly my fault for allowing it to happen for so long, but I was a dumb teenager.

I was raped by another ex-boyfriend, who got me pregnant and then blamed me. I believe that definitely counts.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meena and escapefromabuse
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Yeah and I'm still abused daily and to this point. All different types, i checked all the boxes. It's really f'ed up and hard to explain. Most of it as of late is about race or ethnicity (I'm African-American). It's just shitty cause all this shit was supposed to be taken care of in the 1800s. I think Martin Luther King was killed in like the 60s. And here we are in the year 2020 and it's almost as if nothing has changed. It's just stupid. I feel like there's this big giant bully who just likes to pick on me. I'm too old for this type of shit. (I'm 31 btw...)

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't know if this counts as abuse or not, but an ex-boyfriend put me through a really vicious cycle of cheating and doing disrespectful things like telling me to meet him somewhere and then standing me up or saying he would be home and then leaving me waiting outside for him for hours while he got high or was with someone else. I kind of don't think that counts. It's probably mostly my fault for allowing it to happen for so long, but I was a dumb teenager.

If it helps...yes, it counts as abuse.

He was aware of how he treated you. No matter one's age or level of intelligence, the abuser owns responsibility, not the one abused.

Sending a solidarity hug.

• Hugs
Reactions: k75, escapefromabuse and Backwood_tilt
E

escapefromabuse

Here's Tom with the weather
Jan 25, 2020
It's probably mostly my fault for allowing it to happen for so long, but I was a dumb teenager.

I was raped by another ex-boyfriend, who got me pregnant and then blamed me. I believe that definitely counts.

This is classic victim blaming. Stopping the self-blame that's been imposed on you by your abuser is one of the toughest things you'll ever have to do.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: k75 and GoodPersonEffed
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
My step dad sexually assaulted me from 14 - 16 years old. He still lives with my mom now and she knew it was happening but said I provoked it.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Backwood_tilt
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
My step dad sexually assaulted me from 14 - 16 years old. He still lives with my mom now and she knew it was happening but said I provoked it.

I'm sorry that happened.

That is super fucked up of your mom to blame you for it, too. I hope you never took her words to heart.

Reactions: escapefromabuse
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I'm sorry that happened.

That is super fucked up of your mom to blame you for it, too. I hope you never took her words to heart.
Thank you ❤️ I did originally, but now I'm pretty much over the abuse, however it left lasting consequences such as BPD and Bipolar. The abuse itself is a closed chapter, we all moved on, apologies and forgiveness were given. Can't hold on to it, it happened, can't change it now.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
PTSD expresses in many ways. I've been struggling with whether or not to leave instructions for my parents to alleviate some of their burden. After writing yet another list, I asked myself, Why am I making things easier for them?

Because that was my role.

Make it easier for them to abuse, make it easier for them to take no responsibility, make it easier for my dad to deny I didn't earn abuse so that he didn't have to protect me or admit authority figures can be wrong and do great harm. Ironically, he was a cop. He protected everyone but me.

Whenever I have broken out of my role, I have been kicked out of the house and out of the family, starting at age 16, the last time 7 years ago.

I've decided they are capable of managing the responsibilities of next of kin without me making it easier for them.

I'll probably have to revisit this post because the default mode of self-sacrifice is strong and frickin crazy making. The pity and empathy for them, along with my strong ethics which they demanded, overtake my best interests sometimes, insisting I return to the slot machine, that this time it is my ethics that will strike it rich and at last I will have peace and fulfillment. Yet it's feeling pretty darn good to let the instructions and them go. I just gotta keep this reward and not spend it on the slots again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mukluk0713 and Backwood_tilt
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I just gotta keep this reward and not spend it on the slots again.

You know what to do!

I was thinking the same way about my parents and cleaning up some affairs, but i realized it's not much of a burden considering all that they've put me through. I am being as helpful as i can be by providing information and contacts but it'll be up to them to clean up the mess they initiated.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Student
Jul 19, 2019
sexually abused regularly by a female and a couple of times by a male (unconnected to each other) between ages of 5 and 7. Mental abuse off the female as well such as telling me she'd kill me if I told anyone and she also made me believe all my friends and family secretly hated me and she was the only one I could trust.
Had a breakdown a few years ago and reported the female. But as I was in such a bad state the police couldn't take a statement officially although they still followed it up. I only knew the females first name and nothing else about her but I knew a family that did. They decided to say that they had no idea who I was on about and denied that she existed. A week later they changed there story and said she was dead. Again as it wasn't official no death certificate was produced and whilst I was in hysterics down the phone the policewoman said I should be grateful and the family had been really helpful!
No point reporting the male as I have no proof an I can't handle that stress again. I've also been advised by a therapist not to tell anybody I know unless I report it officially as if they spread it and it effects him i could be sued, so this is me getting it off my chest now!
I wish i could make things better for all of you. It makes me sad seeing people i can relate to.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: K-O, TimeTheTaleWereTold and Maravillosa
g0921

g0921

Jan 18, 2020
Physical and emotional/mental abuse by Chinese loveless parents.

It really sucks when they wanted to have child just becoz having offspring is a duty in Asian society.