Do you think this is a "normal" reality?

• Yes, I believe it's normal and that the main story is basically evolution & "Big Bang" etc.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No (please specify in comments)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I think it's a simulation

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I think it's a prison construct

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (please specifiy in comments)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I think it's a game

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Would love to hear your opinions!

Reactions: Homo erectus
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i think everything came into existence from nothing it's definitely not a simulation no amount of maths can produce emotion

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
i think everything came into existence from nothing it's definitely not a simulation no amount of maths can produce emotion
But what about the detail going into anatomy? Do you really believe that's all random?
The details of the heart. The brain. Our skeleton. Our anatomy in general how it all fits together in a puzzle.
The fact that our body is able to heal itself after a while etc like the rejuvenation of skin or tissue damage.

You don't think there's advanced enough alien technology able to produce emotion? =)

Last edited:
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
But what about the detail going into anatomy? Do you really believe that's all random?
exactly random over billion of years of evolution random mutation in dna
You don't think there's advanced enough alien technology able to produce emotion? =)
biological yes but no amount of maths can produce emotion

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
exactly random over billion of years of evolution random mutation in dna

biological yes but no amount of maths can produce emotion
What if souls can produce emotion ? Then it could be that souls are trapped here with ai ?

edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Emotions are nothing special... all mammals have them. Reasoning is more advanced and is already emulated with artificial neural networks.

Reactions: Homo erectus and oddetoad
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
What if souls can produce emotion ? Then it could be that souls are trapped here with ai ?
i don't believe in the soul i believe you are a machine made up of atoms and once these machines breakdown your gone forever

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The details of the heart. The brain. Our skeleton. Our anatomy in general how it all fits together in a puzzle.
The fact that our body is able to heal itself after a while etc like the rejuvenation of skin or tissue damage.

Humans have used selective breeding to create seedless fruit, countless breeds of pets and types of flowers/ vegetables etc. within a few generations. Imagine what nature can do with billions of years.

Of course- we've messed about with natural selection but evolution makes sense surely? Animals with stronger traits tend to survive long enough to breed. The fittest survives and all that.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
i don't believe in the soul i believe you are a machine made up of atoms and once these machines breakdown your gone forever
So the studies on reincarnation are just lies according to you? They just made it all up?

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Emotions are nothing special... all mammals have them. Reasoning is more advanced and is already emulated with artificial neural networks.
so your trying to say it could be a simulation i highly doubt it
So the studies on reincarnation are just lies according to you? They just made it all up?
well i think the unverise might bring us back alive but it wouldent be you it a completely new you with a completely different life

• Yay!
Reactions: Homo erectus and oddetoad
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
so your trying to say it could be a simulation i highly doubt it
not at all... all I'm saying is don't think you're so special because you can "feel emotions"... the only reason why there isn't yet an "artificial intelligence" with neural networks dedicated to emotional processing , it is because it is completely useless, it is of no use. Why do you want a computer that tells you that it is happy or sad? It has no use. But it's only a matter of time.

Artificial intelligences do not need to be motivated, they do not need to rest... that is why for them emotions are something useless.

Emotions are nothing more than survival mechanisms of our mammalian brain to keep us alive and mentally healthy... motivated, able to overcome losses, etc.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
not at all... all I'm saying is don't think you're so special because you can "feel emotions"... the only reason why there isn't yet an "artificial intelligence" with neural networks dedicated to emotional processing , it is because it is completely useless, it is of no use. Why do you want a computer that tells you that it is happy or sad? It has no use. But it's only a matter of time.
If emotions are useless then why do we have then to keep us alive of courses

People are always friendlier and more helpful to others when they are in a good mood. Moods are created by emotions.

Most of us were born because two people fell in love with each other - or at least in lust for a short time. Love and lust are emotions.

Average life expectancy would be really low if it wasn't for the fear that causes adrenalin to rush into our system when we are in danger. That's what makes us spring into action to save ourselves, and maybe others in perilous situations. If we didn't recognize danger, we wouldn't lift a finger to get out of danger as quickly as possible, because we wouldn't realize that the situation was dangerous.

Exitwings

Exitwings

I have no wings and I must fly (it/its)
Dec 25, 2023
Not sure if I should pick yes, no, or other. And there's no maybe option lol.

Yes: I think this reality/universe is probably a "normal" one, along with every other universe,

No/Other: but my theories about that don't fit into what people consider normal. Yes the Big Bang probably happened here and I'm 99% sure evolution is the current algorithm for generating life here (there's so many damn beetles on the planet omg) but that's not true for every universe and the higher plane beings that I theorize might exist might have prodded it a little to make sure certain things evolved even if they ended up more fucked up than otherwise (humans have a lot of knee and back pain etc)

Maybe: I think it's possible that this reality is a simulation/game/prison, on a much higher dimension/plane than we can conceptualize, but I'm not sure one way or another. Seems too boring and too big to really seem likely?

edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
If emotions are useless then why do we have then to keep us alive of courses

People are always friendlier and more helpful to others when they are in a good mood. Moods are created by emotions.

Most of us were born because two people fell in love with each other - or at least in lust for a short time. Love and lust are emotions.

Average life expectancy would be really low if it wasn't for the fear that causes adrenalin to rush into our system when we are in danger. That's what makes us spring into action to save ourselves, and maybe others in perilous situations. If we didn't recognize danger, we wouldn't lift a finger to get out of danger as quickly as possible, because we wouldn't realize that the situation was dangerous.
So you're telling me that emotions are something so incredibly complex that it would be impossible with all our current understanding to simulate a simple fight/run response on a computer?

N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
I don't believe in normal, period.

Life is a game, just a disorientingly open-ended one. Find a strat that works & exploit it for all it's worth, grind it out lol

• Yay!
Reactions: oddetoad
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
So you're telling me that emotions are something so incredibly complex that it would be impossible with all our current understanding to simulate a simple fight/run response on a computer?
yeap our current technology can't even simulate a single cell let alone a complex life with trillions of cells

Reactions: edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
this world / society is really dumb. When I was little I thought I was character in a book that someone was reading. And once that personed finished the book game over