What is your stance on life and existence in general?

• Life is a gift and precious, I wish to live, and all living beings should too

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Note that the order of this poll is from most positive at the top to most negative at the bottom. You may have multiple answers, so I gave the option to make up to 2 picks.

Reactions: v91f, BurgundySnap, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
Deleted User#81194

Deleted User#81194

Staring into space
May 26, 2023
It is what it is, I don't particularly have a negative or positive opinion on either death or life. Whatever happens, happens. I have an amoral perspective on life in general.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Tried to add 'apathetic', wish I put it somewhere in the middle, but now not only I can't do that, I can't remove it either

TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023
My stance is a bit odd, I think.

Life is a gift and precious. But I wish to die. There's so many beautiful aspects of it. But I'm too numb to enjoy it anymore.

I think everyone should try their best to live a good life. If it doesn't work out, they should have the freedom to CTB. The sucky thing is being hurt when they do, if you live on. I wish we could honor and celebrate people's memories without having to grieve.

I want my friends to be able to live happy and joyous lives without me. I think their lives could be wonderful. I wish all my loved ones long lives, if it's what they desire.

Life is a gift. But not all enjoy receiving it. I wish we could.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

Life is a gift and precious. But I wish to die. There's so many beautiful aspects of it. But I'm too numb to enjoy it anymore.

I think everyone should try their best to live a good life. If it doesn't work out, they should have the freedom to CTB. The sucky thing is being hurt when they do, if you live on. I wish we could honor and celebrate people's memories without having to grieve.

I want my friends to be able to live happy and joyous lives without me. I think their lives could be wonderful. I wish all my loved ones long lives, if it's what they desire.

Life is not a gift for everyone. Some people (like me) are born with conditions (autism/Asperger's) that make it a curse. I would have preferred non-existence and to never even have been born in the first place

Last edited:
TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023
Life is not a gift for everyone. Some people like me are born with conditions (autism/Asperger's) that make it a curse. I would have preferred non-existence and to never even have been born in the first place
I understand. I feel the same. I have Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, and Major Depressive Disorder. I don't know how to quite articulate what I was getting at.

Life as a whole is a gift, in my opinion. But it changes when it comes down to the individual.

I'm still not sure I'm communicating what I mean.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
@TheSource I don't think your opinion is odd at all. Knowing what I know now and how I was not made to make it on this earth with my shitty spectrum issues and learning disabilities, I would've wished not to exist. But I would be fine if I was a normal person life where making friends, doing well at school, and maintaining job was easier.

But alluding to the remark to try to make life work and if it doesn't work out, then have the right to ctb. This right there defines me! I definitely gave my share and had bad luck, now blacklisted on the job market no one will hire me and don't have any relationship and hardly friends.

So I was not someone who wish to exist, despite that I gave it a fight and now I'm doomed. I think I earned the right to desire to ctb
Life is not a gift for everyone. Some people (like me) are born with conditions (autism/Asperger's) that make it a curse. I would have preferred non-existence and to never even have been born in the first place
I agree, some people are negative and they just think it's only and strictly bad to have life, hence the option of 'I hate myself, life, and all existence' exists (ironically). But I think ultimately it's a huge range of extreme suffering and bad luck to extreme joyous and good luck, and the latter once really feel it too good that it doesn't feel life is a burden on them at all

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
imo life not a gift but it's a imposition i have many physical health conditions mainly a brain injury but i would wish to get better and contiune to live my life but thats never going to happen, if life was a gift nothing bad would ever happen to you

Last edited:
Reactions: jussrav, lwlaiet8887 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
@TheSource I don't think your opinion is odd at all. Knowing what I know now and how I was not made to make it on this earth with my shitty spectrum issues and learning disabilities, I would've wished not to exist. But I would be fine if I was a normal person life where making friends, doing well at school, and maintaining job was easier.

But alluding to the remark to try to make life work and if it doesn't work out, then have the right to ctb. This right there defines me! I definitely gave my share and had bad luck, now blacklisted on the job market no one will hire me and don't have any relationship and hardly friends.

So I was not someone who wish to exist, despite that I gave it a fight and now I'm doomed. I think I earned the right to desire to ctb

I agree, some people are negative and they just think it's only and strictly bad to have life, hence the option of 'I hate myself, life, and all existence' exists (ironically). But I think ultimately it's a huge range of extreme suffering and bad luck to extreme joyous and good luck, and the latter once really feel it too good that it doesn't feel life is a burden on them at all
I just wish that I could have been born neurotypical. Instead I have Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and social anxiety. I wish I didn't have these conditions, and that I could be neurotypical and have a normal life. I don't know why I had to be born with these conditions. Why, universe, why? They make my life unnecessarily miserable. That's why I believe my life is a curse. Being neurodivergent is like playing a game on hard mode when everyone else is playing on easy mode. We're also expected to fit into neurotypical society, and it's impossible for me to do so. I'm never going to reach my full potential or have a good quality of life. There's also no good reason to have Asperger's/autism. There's no good reason for it to even exist.
imo life not a gift but it's a imposition i have many physical health conditions mainly a brain injury but i would wish to get better and contiune to live my life but thats never going to happen, if life was a gift nothing bad would ever happen to you
Ikr! It's literally an imposition. I feel like I was forced into existence, and that life was imposed on me. I would never have consented to being born, let alone being born with Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and anxiety. I guess my soul/higher self is really sadistic and wants me to suffer during this lifetime

Last edited:
Reactions: passivethought121 and Darkover
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
I just wish that I could have been born neurotypical. Instead I have Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and social anxiety. I wish I didn't have these conditions, and that I could be neurotypical and have a normal life. I don't know why I had to be born with these conditions. Why, universe, why? They make my life unnecessarily miserable. That's why I believe my life is a curse. Being neurodivergent is like playing a game on hard mode when everyone else is playing on easy mode. We're also expected to fit into neurotypical society, and it's impossible for me to do so. I'm never going to reach my full potential or have a good quality of life. There's also no good reason to have Asperger's/autism. There's no good reason for it to even exist.

Ikr! It's literally an imposition. I feel like I was forced into existence, and that life was imposed on me. I would never have consented to being born, let alone being born with Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and anxiety. I guess my soul/higher self is really sadistic and wants me to suffer during this lifetime
I wish honestly they had genetic engineering so everyone is born neurotypical. So by nature they are born fine, but still nurture and life is not guarantee happiness, people still because mentally unhealthy with circumstances in life, particularly death of loved once in young age... But it's still much more improved to avoid suicide from happening, which this society clamp so fucking hard on preventing it instead of really addressing the issues properly.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That life never should have existed at all and I believe that under all circumstances it's preferable to not be burdened with the ability to suffer endlessly in this cruel and futile existence.
Existence only causes harm so it would be better if there is just nothingness, perfection could only ever lie in permanent absence of everything for all eternity instead of this hellish reality where existing beings are tormented senselessly and unnecessarily.

Existence was just unnecessary in the first place and it's tragic how anyone had to suffer, overall my view is an anti-suffering view, I don't believe that existing beings deserve to be brought into this futile cycle of suffering and cruelty.

I will always see it as criminal choosing to procreate, as existence is the ultimate cause of all harm and without existence one cannot suffer. It's compassionate to leave the non-existent alone in peace.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
According to poll so far Only 11.4% here think life is bad. So 89% here think life is good.
It's as I thought
In the general population at least 99% think life is good.

It's this almost universal belief "that life is good"
That's why they were able to ban assisted suicide and nembutal
That's why everyone was born.

I think life is bad . So I won't be having any children as me a male chimpanzee

Last edited:
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
According to poll Only 11.4% here think life is bad. So 89% here think life is good.
It's as I thought
In the general population at least 99% think life is good.

It's this belief that life is good
That's why they were able to ban assisted suicide and nembutal
That's why everyone was born.

I think life is bad . So won't be having any children as me a male chimpanzee
By 11.4% (which is subject to change by the time most read this) you referring to just 'I hate myself, life, and all existence'... I wouldn't say that's the only one that categorize 'life is bad'. I think the previous 3 (and 'apathy'):

- 'I wish to ctb, but I feel too guilty and is why I'm continuing despite contemplating'
- 'I feel hopeless and I wish to ctb'
- 'I hate existing and for sure want to ctb, but I believe if I was someone different I'd want to live'
- 'Apathy'

Can mean also 'life is bad' or something in between, but it's not a clear cut 'life is good' or prolifers. For example I do believe if I was born the right gene and family and would eventually become rich, i'd want to live, but most life are slaves to them in capitalist society, so a decent junk of my belief is 'life is bad'.

I think to really have someone overall categorize if life and existence is overall bad or good, we need a separate poll for it

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
By 11.4% (which is subject to change by the time most read this) you referring to just 'I hate myself, life, and all existence'... I wouldn't say that's the only one that categorize 'life is bad'. I think the previous 3 (and 'apathy'):

- 'I wish to ctb, but I feel too guilty and is why I'm continuing despite contemplating'
- 'I feel hopeless and I wish to ctb'
- 'I hate existing and for sure want to ctb, but I believe if I was someone different I'd want to live'
- 'Apathy'

Can mean also 'life is bad' or something in between, but it's not a clear cut 'life is good' or prolifers. For example I do believe if I was born the right gene and family and would eventually become rich, i'd want to live, but most life are slaves to them in capitalist society, so a decent junk of my belief is 'life is bad'.

I think to really have someone overall categorize if life and existence is overall bad or good, we need a separate poll for it
U allowed multiple votes only 11.4% clicked that so far .. If someone thinks that if they were someone else then they would want to live or fix all their problems and would want to live then they think life is good in general. They believe just that their own life or situation is bad or that they had bad luck.
What percentage you think in the general population think life is good ? I'd say at least 99%. But I think they are wrong and I have posted on here why I think life is bad

Last edited:
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
U allowed multiple votes only 11% clicked that .. If someone thinks that if they were someone else then they would want to live or fix all their problems and would want to live then they think life is good in general. They believe just that their life or situation is bad or that they had bad luck
The point I was trying to make is that there is a grey area, it's not all black and white. That option with 11% is the only one that is not in the grey area (or the very top option in the opposite spectrum). But the once I listed as 4 options, people not necessarily saying 100% of life is bad, but they are not saying 100% life is good either.

I would agree that 11% wish that 100% of no existence period, but the other options can be high degree of not wishing for life to exist either, just not necessarily all lives

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
You left out the most important option in your poll.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023

You are communicating very well and you are a beautiful person!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSource
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Maybe the wording is wrong, maybe life IS NOT but maybe life CAN be beautiful! Maybe most of us, most of you live in cities!? Think alternatives, think outside, think out of doors! I feel much much better in the country side, in the mountains, in the middle of the ocean. I love sleeping in the forest, when it rains, I love the sounds of raindrops falling on leaves.

Hmm.. maybe my problem is living near humans. : )

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
78 unique voters, and not one had the most optimistic prolifer opinion about life. I wonder how it would be with the general population who are mostly prolifers.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
After much contemplation and reflection I have come to the following conclusion:

Life blows.

• Yay!
Reactions: Blue Elephant
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
I'm 100% sure if I had grown up in a healthy family I would've gotten the support I needed to grow into a confident and successful adult. Only then would I want to stay alive and live life to the fullest. Not now as someone who is mentally ill.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Nothingness forever = Heaven

Everything else is just evolution , suffering , survival of the fittest , all that is f.... bullshit.

I wish nothing was created , this is the best scenario, no pain, no suffering, nothing is awesome like sleeping.

Everyday i look at the world and my life and im disgusted , even good times and good things happening doesn't make it for all the bullshit.

Nothingness is worth it.