N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
If you could determine the politics in your homecountry what would you do?
I would legalize assisted dying, an universale basic income for everyone and a better welfare state.

Reactions: Sensei, Susannah and esse_est_percipi
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Wouldn't one person having control over an entire country automatically make whatever politics they have into a monarchy? If I'm the new king of America I would do some pretty horrible and selfish things. :tongue:

Joking aside, if I could change my country's politics without being in charge of it, I would split the US into two countries: one liberal and one conservative. I would also make it so that immigration between the two countries would have absolutely no restrictions whatsoever and people can even permanently move freely to whichever one suits them best. Each new country would also have a token centrist area for those who are moderate but lean one way or another. I feel like with this approach both sides could focus on bettering their own lives the way they want to rather than focus on arguing all the time. War between the new countries would also be forbidden and trade and currency would have to remain just as fluid as if they were the same country. And hey if you don't like one side, you can laugh as the other group tears themselves apart and burns itself down.

Reactions: cyanol, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Susannah
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
i wld make one universal law, dont hurt others, but u can hurt urself

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Susannah
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I would legalize assisted dying, an universale basic income for everyone and a better welfare state.
Legalize assisted suicide, legalize use and selling of weed, make rent lower and make minimum wage higher, use online classes in most schools through out the whole year and only go to school physically 3 times a week..

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I've always wanted to make a law that every citizen has to get a Residency Permit in a foreign country for at least six months before either entering university or the workforce. Everyone should see that life in most of the world is not like our own or like what's on TV. "Young" people need to experience culture shock and learn to survive on instinct and inner strength. This will help to make society more understanding of differences and maybe reduce complacency. :happy: That's my dream lol

Reactions: Soul, Susannah and Lost in a Dream
F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
Increase environmental policies to crack down on corporations, in order to reduce our negative impact on nature. Make people legal adults at age 16. Reform the school system.

Things to legalize: 1) Euthanasia in all cases, with exceptions for obvious coercion. 2) All substances previously banned for their use in suicide, like Nembutal. 3) Marijuana, because it gets many harmless people jailed, which is a waste of tax dollars and life spans.

4) The death penalty in all states. 5) Firearms in all states. 6) Minors purchasing compressed air. A while ago, I just wanted to clean my PS3, but I needed mommy with me at the checkout 'cause overprotective Karens thought I was gonna inhale the stuff. 7) Pumping your own gas in all states.

Things to make illegal: 1) Keeping a patient on life-support against their will. 2) Institutionalizing people solely for attempting suicide. 3) Refusing to allow your child to obtain medical treatment against their expressed will.

4) Gerrymandering. 5) Political bribery. Politicians caught wh0ring out to corporations and twisting our democratic republic into an oligarchy would face legal repercussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Susannah
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Except for legal assisted dying, I guess my country, Norway, provides our citizens with a good welfare system. Our health care is mainly free. Education is free. We have a solid economy and most Norwegians have jobs and good incomes. But if you fall out of the system, between two chairs, you're absolutely fucked. The bureaucracy is terrible, and corruption is everywhere. Also, Norwegians are pretty dumb, a bunch of rednecks who think they're important. The last years we have this tiny party, MDG (enviroment and no pollution) in goverment. They have made Oslo "car- free"), and everyone is supposed to use bicycles instead of cars, ruining people who can't afford a Tesla (or an Audi E-tron), but have to use non- elecric cars. All parking places in Oslo are gone. They're now replaced with biking routes. Oslo town is becoming a ghost city, with no shops or bars....

Reactions: icanhasnick
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020

Off the top of my head:

- Make the Equal Opportunities Under The Equality Act 2010 include natally working-class people and low-income families, ensuring that economic factors for inequality are as protected as identity/background characteristics and sex;

- Introduce Universal Income and extend the Right to Buy to private renters whose property-owner owns more than two homes;

- A radical overhaul of the Mental Health & Capacity Acts and make mental health advocacy and advocates as important as legal representation and solicitors;

- Major investment in service-user led mental health care and approaches and the establishment of community health centres;

- Abolish all income tax and increase consumption and wealth taxes for individuals and businesses;

- Establish a Public Inquiry on Gender Ideology and Patriarchy and the implications of sex-based medical intervention on gay and gender-nonconforming children and people;

- Introduce active euthanasia laws and the right to a dignified death.

Last edited:
F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
Forgot something: Ban child beauty pageants.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654, Brink and Soul
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Politics is nothing but a big business that takes advantage of the poor. While the rich keep getting even richer.

• Aww..
Reactions: alfie and grungeCat
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I would give everyone a 'how rational are you?' test and cancel the citizenship of everyone below a threshold. These fuckers would then be imported by other countries because poor victim, and become their problem.

I might even think of a couple of countries whose ruler/s seem to have achieved this in some way.
Forgot something: Ban child beauty pageants.

Good idea. All I know about pageants is from a series but I'd say the most disgusting thing about any meat market is pretension. If I ever organised such an event, voting would be on every part handled and evaluated precisely like meat at a butcher's and grooming wouldn't allowed. E.g.: Hmm, this gentleman has too much nose hair, dick funny-shaped, toes like a troll, and toilet paper stuck to his asshole. This lady has a horsy face and her cunthole is too dry. Kind of thing. If you're competing for best sexual market value, don't bring world peace into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyanol