Which generation of the pokémon series is your favorite one?

• Total voters
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've made a poll to see which is your favorite pokemon game from the generations, from 1-8, with 8 being the most recent release. You can select up to 3 choices, 1 being your favorite, and 3 being least favorite. Mine are from Generations II, IV, and V as they are really fun to play and still retain the classic feel of pokemon. Generation II is a big jump from Generation I in terms of functionality and gameplay, while IV is the first one to feature dual screen while V is unique in it's way that there are only generation V pokemon in the main game (until the metagame that is). Plus the storyline and setup is rather interesting in V.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I'm torn between Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon X. Though I love team skull from Pokemon Sun and Moon

Reactions: noonipie, Manaaja and Circles
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
diamond was the first one I remember getting hooked on. I know I played gen 1 when it came out, but the obsession wasn't a thing until diamond. then x was the first one I completed the Pokedex in and haven't played much since.

I bought sword, and played it for about an hour, but with most games for the last decade, I can't stick with them.

Reactions: Circles
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Interesting poll results. It seems that most people like Generations I and IV. I like IV as well since it contains the remakes of gold, silver, and crystal (which are Heartgold and Soulsilver respectively.). Generation I seems to be popular to a lot of people since it's the first in the series and most likely what people were introduced to growing up in the early 90's or even late 80's.

Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Gen IV is my favourite Gen since it was the one where I got into competitive battling and had Gen II remakes. I absolutely wrecked everyone around me in those games with my shiny Scizor and Flygon. Favourite specific game has to be Crystal for those sweet, early-teen memories.

Reactions: Circles and TAW122
noonipie

noonipie

Student
Apr 5, 2023
i love the new games that i also grew up with but leafgreen will always have my heart