Mari

Mari

Left forum, time's up
May 10, 2018
History books tell the story of Socrates who chose to take this drink.

Is there any useful information around this topic? Have any of you considered it?

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
No Future

No Future

No One
Aug 6, 2018
Perhaps not the most pleasant poison option to go with, but hey, options are always nice.

There's no antidote as far as I'm aware, which may prove some assurance to those most curious!

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
History books tell the story of Socrates who chose to take this drink.

Is there any useful information around this topic? Have any of you considered it?

It's been a long time but I tried this with water hemlock, dug up the roots (the most potent part) and made a tea from it. It had a numbing effect like a narcotic. I imagine in Socrates time they would use pounds of the root then boil off most the water till very concentrated I don't recall any nausea. It's all dependent on the plant,time of year ect. For potency so it's hard to tell the effects. Back then the only right to die org. Was the hemlock society. Other plant based methods I had tried were toadstools, which I researched to get the most deadly kind, that would have worked,but after 6 hours of insane nausea had to go to hospital, which I had a cardiac arrest (heart stops beating) it's weird the greatest complication doesn't happen till your in the hospital. Another is jimson weed another unpredictable plant, ate 100 seeds and nothing, months later boiled two leaves and went on an insane trip that lasted days and landed in psyche ward. Foxglove seeds will reduce your heart rate very effectively got down to 20 bpm.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOA, Nauseated, lv-gras and 2 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Sorry foxglove seeds are what reduces heart rate not Belladonna.

Mari

Mari

Left forum, time's up
May 10, 2018
Sorry foxglove seeds are what reduces heart rate not Belladonna.
It looks like you didn't mention Belladonna afterall?

Anyhow, thank you very much for your post, I appreciate it!

Reactions: lv-gras and Justanotherconsumer
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
It looks like you didn't mention Belladonna afterall?

Anyhow, thank you very much for your post, I appreciate it![/QUO

I did these things at a time when I was very desperate for death, and today I would look for better by means. foxglove may be worthy of considering as there are no side effects that I ever experienced. Would have to research further.

Foxglove flowers are shaped like bells so I sometimes get the name Belladonna misconstrued.

Reactions: lv-gras and Mari
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
It certainly seems like it would be possible.

The Old Vegetable Neurotics (Harley, 1869) was written by a physician who used poison hemlock, opium, and so forth in treatment of patients. Roughly a quarter of the book is on poison hemlock, how it was extracted, what parts contain the poison in question (coniine), and so forth. He takes great care to experiment on a mouse, then a somewhat larger animal, like a dog, and on himself as well. He describes its effects, how long it takes to wear off, and so forth .

Water hemlock, however, would be a bad way to go.

Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy, virginiawoolf, NotWhatIExpected and 2 others