ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I can't even come up with a good joke or wise crack on this. He has now sunk into the realm of hedge fund managers and Congressmen.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat, Smilla and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Is anyone here going to Bognor Regis at the weekend? Or was it today??

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat, Smilla and 2 others
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Is it really that bad, though? The PPH chapter that you(?) posted in another thread seemed pretty reasonable. Again, as with SN, he's not really presenting this as the perfect method, but rather as an alternative for people who are unable to pursue better methods, in this case for those who are immobilized or sectioned. Him saying that you can kill yourself using only your fingers was likely just an attempt at grabbing attention (which I can see people being critical of, given the nature of the topic and his reputation of being in it for the wrong reasons and so on), and not meant to be interpreted as "one easy trick to off yourself that the nursing home staff doesn't want you to be aware of". The chapter in the PPH shows devices that don't look too far-fetched, at least in my eyes.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Is it really that bad, though? The PPH chapter that you(?) posted in another thread seemed pretty reasonable. Again, as with SN, he's not really presenting this as the perfect method, but rather as an alternative for people who are unable to pursue better methods, in this case for those who are immobilized or sectioned. Him saying that you can kill yourself using only your fingers was likely just an attempt at grabbing attention (which I can see people being critical of, given the nature of the topic and his reputation of being in it for the wrong reasons and so on), and not meant to be interpreted as "one easy trick to off yourself that the nursing home staff doesn't want you to be aware of". The chapter in the PPH shows devices that don't look too far-fetched, at least in my eyes.

I see where you are coming from, but the marketing approach is beyond ridiculous. We are talking about very desperate and depressed people here. He was credible at one time, but that time is passed long ago. Geo Stone's book is probably the best out there. Straight forward, no marketing bs, explanation of mechanisms.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and OfficerK
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I see where you are coming from, but the marketing approach is beyond ridiculous. We are talking about very desperate and depressed people here. He was credible at one time, but that time is passed long ago. Geo Stone's book is probably the best out there. Straight forward, no marketing bs, explanation of mechanisms.

I think I mentioned here that Exit sent me an extraordinarily tacky Black Friday sales "coupon" via email for 20 percent off their products.

Blew my mind so I wrote back a fairly vitriolic email.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat, OfficerK and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

Better information on this forum to be honest. I've learned a valuable amount, it's really most surprising

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat and ReadyasEver
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
I think I mentioned here that Exit sent me an extraordinarily tacky Black Friday sales "coupon" via email for 20 percent off their products.

You're right, that's really tasteless. Though, it doesn't fully convince me that EXIT is just a group of money hungry opportunists wuth no qualms about taking advantage of vulnerable people. It is more likely, I think, that they are just wildly out of touch and unable to understand how their actions are perceived. The idea that 71-year old Nitschke, who has advocated for the right to die over the last three centuries and who held a medical license for the duration of that period (which would ensure his financial well being), is actually in it for the money, is not that believable to me. Maybe I'm wrong - I've heard allegations saying that he is living a lifestyle that is out of order for someone in his position, but I have yet to see any real proof of this (other than his floral pants). I'd reconsider my stance if someone were to provide me with this evidence.

And besides, even if it is true that they are at least partially motivated by enriching themselves, I still believe that it is possible for them to contribute something of value.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018

Yikes!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Dead Meat