T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
I am very particular about following the rules here. I have found this site to be very well-run and moderated, so I am thankful for that. I have also found solace and some peace of mind knowing that there is a community of supportive and genuine people. I got so lucky in finding this site. I honestly don't even remember how I stumbled upon it, but I am glad I did. My question is; What are the general rules about PMing? What is allowed and what isn't?

• Hugs
Reactions: SafferGuy and Praestat_Mori
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Found out first hand that asking for personal information (for instance asking for the country where someone lives or how old they are) is not done lol

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and thislife77
Departme

Departme

Mar 23, 2023
I'm not sure on this, PM with another after perhaps posting in a thread to ask whether they are okay with this, or ask them to contact you by PM so you can began exchanging messages. I did this seeking a SN source and the kind person replied so we had a chat and the source was safely bookmarked, however it then later turned out to be the vendor facing criminal proceedings in Canada which is a bummer.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
My advice would be this is different between person to person. Some welcome PMs whoever, whenever, you know. Most of the time, for the first PM, just ask the person "Hey, may I PM you?" Most likely, they'll say yes. Be aware when they say "not right now", just wait till later. If they say no, then there's your answer.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I am very particular about following the rules here. I have found this site to be very well-run and moderated, so I am thankful for that. I have also found solace and some peace of mind knowing that there is a community of supportive and genuine people. I got so lucky in finding this site. I honestly don't even remember how I stumbled upon it, but I am glad I did. My question is; What are the general rules about PMing? What is allowed and what isn't?

I'm not sure if it's a Rule, however on most groups I've been on it's regarded as correct procedure to ask a member on the public Forum if you may contact them.

Reactions: thislife77 and Praestat_Mori