M

MAA Ke pass

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Today I have got 15 calls from different countries of Europe from numbers +4917693527061,+48518244994,+447730545722,+436509840692,+4917683973248,+48516608924,+447856989272 continuously. When I pick up the call,no one say any word. Are they scammers??? How they got my numbers??? Plsss help me. I m from India

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre and The end !
B

Buttercup2.0

Jan 2, 2021
Hello,
I'm from Canada, don't get too worried, this has happened to me too.
Since you can't block every number, it's best to not pick up a call and change your number (get a new sim card).
You could also pick up the call, don't give any information, and just see who is calling.
Call your phone carrier and get a new sim card and import your saved contacts.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 94 and The end !
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, it's an auto-dialer. I get that on my landline, so I've just turned the ringer off. Never use it anyway. On your mobile you can blacklist the numbers on a screen calling app, which may ID them from their database anyway.
They get your number from any number of online transactions. Big companies sell your info via various subsidiaries and smaller advertising companies, which eventually gets sold to organised crime. Often East European atm it seems, depending where you are.
There are databases that are passed around and most of us are on them if we've bought anything off Amazon or eBay or registered for any online service, especially FREE ones that claim they 'never sell your data.'
It's just how the world works. Your information is a commodity to be bought and sold; there is no real privacy.
I use a call blocker and never answer anyone that isn't in my phone book.

• Love
Reactions: The end ! and 262653
kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
I had that happen to me after trying to help my uncle with reaching the technical support of an excavator company. I wouldn't have ever thought that such a company would sell data to robo-callers. I used to get 30-40 calls a day, but it fizzled out and I occasionally get maybe a call a week. I just don't pick up calls that aren't with my area code.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I have had problems with scam calls till today. The best way is to not pick up these and blacklist them as fast as possible. However the biggest trouble is that it's difficult to distinguish scammers from normal people. The safest habit is to not pick up every phone number you don't know. If calls get very annoying then unfortunately you have to change your phone number. To prevent this from happening in the future, please give your true phone number to various sites/institutions as rarely as possible. If a website orders to give your phone number then use a fake one, for example from there : https://receive-smss.com/ . If you are often urged to give your phone number on the internet then it means that your computer might be infected with malware.