heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Someone anyone please convince me not to make the stupid decision of attempting ctb right now without a plan. I'm so tired of my family. I'm tired of them always making shit more difficult for me. I'm tired of them acting like somehow I owe them for the bare minimum. I'm tired of them treating me as less and putting limits on me because I'm a woman. I wish I had a better family. I wish I had a supportive family. I want to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_actually_human, eleanora, TapeMachine and 2 others
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I'm sorry, lovely. Attempting without a plan is likely to end you up in hospital or with long-term damage than anything else. You don't deserve that.

• Love
Reactions: my-end and heavyeyes
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
In the hope of minimizing suffering I strongly suggest and encourage you to not follow through unless the attempt is for a failed suicide(And even then there are much better methods for such).
Since this seems like a cry for help if desired I can send you my number or discord or something if you feel you need to talk. If I can help I will.

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
I'm sorry, lovely. Attempting without a plan is likely to end you up in hospital or with long-term damage than anything else. You don't deserve that.
In the hope of minimizing suffering I strongly suggest and encourage you to not follow through unless the attempt is for a failed suicide(And even then there are much better methods for such).
Since this seems like a cry for help if desired I can send you my number or discord or something if you feel you need to talk. If I can help I will.
In my head I know you're both right. It isn't worth it to have a failed attempt. But my heart hurts so much. My soul hurts. I feel like I'm a piece of shit so maybe I deserve to suffer even in death.

• Aww..
Reactions: my-end and MidnightDream
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
Are you in school? Maybe after you're done with that, life would get better. After college, you could get a job, you'd earn your own money and freedom--you could cut them out of your life and live it the way you want to.

• Love
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
In my head I know you're both right. It isn't worth it to have a failed attempt. But my heart hurts so much. My soul hurts. I feel like I'm a piece of shit so maybe I deserve to suffer even in death.
Is there anything that can be done to calm you down? Please at least find a good method. No matter how much of a POS you feel you are you do not deserve a painful death. A ticket to peace should not cost such

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes and MidnightDream
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Someone anyone please convince me not to make the stupid decision of attempting ctb right now without a plan. I'm so tired of my family. I'm tired of them always making shit more difficult for me. I'm tired of them acting like somehow I owe them for the bare minimum. I'm tired of them treating me as less and putting limits on me because I'm a woman. I wish I had a better family. I wish I had a supportive family. I want to die.
I'm sorry you're in this situation. You don't owe them anything. It was their responsibility to take care of you, and by the sounds of it, they've done a pretty terrible job of it given that you're feeling this way.

Anywho, I do encourage you to wait a little bit and do some reasearch to find the best possible method, and to make a decent plan for yourself. I know it's hard to wait, but going into this uninformed has a likelihood of failure and further suffering. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do, and I hope you find peace

• Love
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
Sending you love. Please feel free to dm me if you need someone. You don't deserve to be feeling this pain :( we're all here for you

• Love
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Are you in school? Maybe after you're done with that, life would get better. After college, you could get a job, you'd earn your own money and freedom--you could cut them out of your life and live it the way you want to.
I'm really not that young. I've been out of school for a while now. I never went to college. For the most part mental illness and trauma have kept me from living life. I can't take care of myself. My family didn't start taking advantage of this until recently because they know that I have limited resources and I'm stuck.
Is there anything that can be done to calm you down? Please at least find a good method. No matter how much of a POS you feel you are you do not deserve a painful death. A ticket to peace should not cost such
I don't know anymore. I'm starting to think I don't deserve a peaceful death at all. Honestly I'm a terrible person.

I'm sorry you're in this situation. You don't owe them anything. It was their responsibility to take care of you, and by the sounds of it, they've done a pretty terrible job of it given that you're feeling this way.

Anywho, I do encourage you to wait a little bit and do some reasearch to find the best possible method, and to make a decent plan for yourself. I know it's hard to wait, but going into this uninformed has a likelihood of failure and further suffering. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do, and I hope you find peace
I don't owe them anything but at the same time I'm made to feel like I do. I think they take care of me now as a form of power and control. It didn't start off that way.

My method will be SN and I have it in my possession. I was going to save it for until after my sick cat died but now I don't know anymore. I don't want to leave while he's still here but at the same time I feel like I might need to.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not_actually_human and uniqueusername39
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I'm really not that young. I've been out of school for a while now. I never went to college. For the most part mental illness and trauma have kept me from living life. I can't take care of myself. My family didn't start taking advantage of this until recently because they know that I have limited resources and I'm stuck.
It's always a hopeless battle. Fight, numb, cry, plead, die. I'm sorry, truly.

• Love
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
I acknowledge that sometimes there is no other escape than through that elusive bus.

If you're ever going to do it, please don't do it without a thorough plan. You'll end up in a worse situation. Maybe writing out your plans, the regimen you're planning to do, the other medicines you still need to buy, the date, the hours and when to take them, the affairs you need to take care of, and your note if you want to leave something like that, would help calm yourself. I stare at my plan too whenever I need to calm myself. It helps reassure myself that it's okay, no matter how bad it gets, there's a way out. There's a way out. No need to rush.

• Love
Reactions: TapeMachine, Holu and heavyeyes
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I don't know anymore. I'm starting to think I don't deserve a peaceful death at all. Honestly I'm a terrible person.
Hey. This is me being stubborn, and I'm definitely overstepping my boundaries but you are not a terrible fucking person. Whatever resolve has gotten you this far is fucking absurd, regardless of what you had to do and what sacrifices you had to make to get there. You deserve a painless trip to peace, nothing more, nothing less.
Istg I will read you a fucking bedtime story if I have to. Live through today, or at least long enough for you to have everything planned out. I will say it again but you do not deserve an agonizing end. Nobody does.

• Love
Reactions: not_actually_human, TapeMachine and heavyeyes
L

Lonlemoon

Oct 14, 2022
You are here asking for help to prevent you from it. So I think you know you're not ready.

You said in a comment that you're a horrible person, what makes you believe that?

I don't truly believe a horrible person would want to be there for their pet, much less care about the bs their family puts on them to make them feel bad.

& I am not good at this, but making decisions when rash and tired don't usually have the desired outcome.

I hope you can find a way to rest, relax, and start again tomorrow. I wish I could take the pain away.

*internet hugs*

• Love
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
It's always a hopeless battle. Fight, numb, cry, plead, die. I'm sorry, truly.
It's all very hopeless. I've tried to get help countless times. I really tried. I'm too tired to keep trying now.
I acknowledge that sometimes there is no other escape than through that elusive bus.

If you're ever going to do it, please don't do it without a thorough plan. You'll end up in a worse situation. Maybe writing out your plans, the regimen you're planning to do, the other medicines you still need to buy, the date, the hours and when to take them, the affairs you need to take care of, and your note if you want to leave something like that, would help calm yourself. I stare at my plan too whenever I need to calm myself. It helps reassure myself that it's okay, no matter how bad it gets, there's a way out. There's a way out. No need to rush.
Ctb is something that I've been wanting to do for a very long time. Many years. I think it's how my life was always meant to end.

I will take your advice and write out my plan. I know there's no rush but in my case I get so desperate to leave that it's almost a race against my own sanity at this point.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: uniqueusername39 and not_actually_human
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
It's all very hopeless. I've tried to get help countless times. I really tried. I'm too tired to keep trying now.
You are talking or have already talked yourself into action. I cannot prevent you but again please please don't do this painfully. Nobody deserves a painful end. I doubt you want help in your current mindset but again I'm here if you need to vent. Regardless please, just make it long enough to go painlessly. If an end is what you are nearing then you deserve an easy end.

• Love
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
You are here asking for help to prevent you from it. So I think you know you're not ready.

You said in a comment that you're a horrible person, what makes you believe that?

I don't truly believe a horrible person would want to be there for their pet, much less care about the bs their family puts on them to make them feel bad.

& I am not good at this, but making decisions when rash and tired don't usually have the desired outcome.

I hope you can find a way to rest, relax, and start again tomorrow. I wish I could take the pain away.

*internet hugs*
I'm a massive burden to everyone and I'm selfish. Or maybe that's what I've been lead to believe. I don't know. Either way I'm a useless person. I don't serve a purpose at all. I'm a failed outcast of society because I don't contribute in some way.

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Humans are certainly so cruel to each other. But even so, to me, it appears that you don't truly want to die. It seems rather impulsive which has a high chance of leading to failed attempt which will leave you hospitalised and perhaps, permanent injuries. In the end, the choice is yours but I don't think you're ready for it. After all, you made this whole thread to dissuade you from killing yourself.

• Love
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
I won't be doing anything rash tonight. I'm going to try to get some sleep. I'm very tired from crying so much. Thank you everybody for your kind words and encouragement to have a plan first <3
Humans are certainly so cruel to each other. But even so, to me, it appears that you don't truly want to die. It seems rather impulsive which has a high chance of leading to failed attempt which will leave you hospitalised and perhaps, permanent injuries. In the end, the choice is yours but I don't think you're ready for it. After all, you made this whole thread to dissuade you from killing yourself.
I do want to die but I need to be here for my cat. If it weren't for him I would've ctb months ago. He's sick and doesn't have much time left so when he goes so will I.

Last edited:
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I won't be doing anything rash tonight. I'm going to try to get some sleep. I'm very tired from crying so much. Thank you everybody for your kind words and encouragement to have a plan first <3
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Please relax, take deep breaths, and enjoy what rest you can get. No amount of sympathy or empathy will ever allow me to understand what your going through so it pains me to make suggestions but I really don't want to see you hurt. I'm here, everyone is here, we are all here. World might have forsaken you but the wicked stay together. Sleep well soldier

• Love
Lon

Lon

Dec 29, 2022
I'm a massive burden to everyone and I'm selfish. Or maybe that's what I've been lead to believe. I don't know. Either way I'm a useless person. I don't serve a purpose at all. I'm a failed outcast of society because I don't contribute in some way.
its okay to be selfish. you never asked to be here, to be the burden you see yourself as. Life is rocky, unforgiving, and unpredictable. But I have found solace in the chaos and hope you can do the same. I only have the option of writing you on this message board. But know that a stranger, as far apart as our lives may be, has experienced just some of the emotions you are feeling. Over a year ago, I shot myself. Not in the head, because I believed I deserved a painful death, as you believe now. I was placed into recovery against my will and thought my life was over. but I was able to walk away. It was easier than I thought, leaving behind family to live disconnected from the life I used to know. It's refreshing, and there's more out there for you too. We will die one day anyways, so if you really feel trapped, throwing your life to the wind might be better than attempting suicide. just another thought

• Love
C

Catastrofe

Student
Apr 5, 2023
Indeed. At that point you will be even more stuvked with your family because likely you will depend on them.

• Love
Rave

Rave

I'll do a filp :3
Apr 6, 2023
You definitely need a plan. Don't rush anything, do your research, gather the ingredients you'll need and MAKE SURE everything will go smoothly. You should be able to do all that easily within a short period of time. There are plenty of posts here that you can use to your advantage while looking for specific info. You can wait a day or two and get satisfactory results, or rush things and be forced to live for the rest of your life as a miserable potato. In conclusion - Yh, definitely look for a plan.

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Failing a ctb attempt sounds so horrible to me, that is exactly what I fear so I certainly think it's best that one has a plan if they wish to leave this world. But of course it's very much understandable just wishing to be free from this hellish world that is filled with cruel and insensitive humans, I wish you the best.

• Love
C

Catastrofe

Student
Apr 5, 2023
Either way I'm a useless person. I don't serve a purpose at all. I'm a failed outcast of society because I don't contribute in some way.
There is a name for this : it is called "performance society". In the social model we all live in, our value is linked to our performances, in every field. We value if we are good students, if we are good workers, we we have good mental health, if we succeed, if we correcly carry our own lives, if we meditate well if we behave well, if we are good at something, and so on. In every way, in every moment, we have to perform - well. So the revers : if ww do not perform, we do not have any value. If something slips out of our control than it must be put in place, in order for us to keep on performing. Toxic positivity is a part of that : there is no space to feel bad, you always have to be positive (performing, again).
There are tons of philosophical studies about that.

This is exactly what you are saying : I serve no purpose = useless person.

I know it is a bit of an abstract answer, but I hope you get the point of this, which is exhistential : this is something we are **taken to think** by the way society is built at the moment. This is not any kind of truth.
What I am trying to say is that when this thought come over try to speak to it, replying "ok, I hear you, but you are not telling the truth. You telling a lie, and while I cannot make you shout your mouth up, I can choose not to listen to you".

I hope this helps somehow, at least to make you feel a little better about yourself.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: uniqueusername39 and heavyeyes
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
hi op. I hope you survived the night. Whatever you want to do is your choice. I can empathise with where you are coming from.My family situation was also hopeless. Once I put some distance between me and them things got a bit easier. There is never going to be a total fix to how we feel. Just things we can do to lighten it.

• Love