blue

blue

Jul 21, 2019
I feel trapped at my job. I have been there 20 years. I were to leave to find similar work at another organization, my pay would be reduced substantially to the point where I wouldn't be able to afford my mortgage.
I don't have a family. I have a couple friends and my dog. Otherwise, I feel I am just living to pay my bills and work in a very high stressed job that I no longer want to do.

I don't know what to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Ε. Η. R., Scattered-Soul and 3 others
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I feel trapped at my job. I have been there 20 years. I were to leave to find similar work at another organization, my pay would be reduced substantially to the point where I wouldn't be able to afford my mortgage.
I don't have a family. I have a couple friends and my dog. Otherwise, I feel I am just living to pay my bills and work in a very high stressed job that I no longer want to do.

I don't know what to do.
That's a terrible position to be in. Wageslaving is the way of our world these days. Being stuck to a mortgage makes it more difficult to escape. I'm sorry you are lonely too, that makes it even harder.

What do you do for work? If you don't mind me asking.

blue

blue

Jul 21, 2019
That's a terrible position to be in. Wageslaving is the way of our world these days. Being stuck to a mortgage makes it more difficult to escape. I'm sorry you are lonely too, that makes it even harder.

What do you do for work? If you don't mind me asking.
I do social work

loneliness0

loneliness0

Oct 13, 2023
Feeling trapped in work you been doing for so long seem really normal.
And not wanting to do it anymore is so understandable.

Do you think investing in your professional growth to be able find better opportunities or having side thing what you are passionate is options while you are still working for this job? Or do you feel it not something you could do while still working there?

sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
Hi, I'm sorry you are struggling.
I had a rescue dog, he kept me going many times.I had him 6 yrs. 2 yrs in I really broke. He kept me here. I promised him then cos he was a rescue and been thru many homes, that I would be his last home and it kept me going even when I didnt want to. the promise lasted four years. Four tough years. Some giggles I wont deny. Time alone w him was lovely, fun and snuggly. He left me broken hearted when he went. But I fulfilled that promise to him. I'm sure he gave me my heart problems. I'm sure he's in there, at times stretching his claws or bouncing like tigger.
So the daft question is this, as this is in recovery i'm assuming you want to stay recovering, so unless your dog is a puppy or quite young, could you make them a promise to be their last home like I did?
If u want an reason to stay? To keep going?