E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
I suffer so much everyday, I am thinking of ctb soon (like tomorrow even) but thinking about my parents makes me so sad. I know how devastated they will be and it just breaks my heart, I cry everyday thinking about it. If I didn't suffer so much, I would surely continue living for them. Please advise

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WatermelonMel, cytokinestorm, Joarga and 10 others
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
It is hard, very hard, but it is something you have to accept, even if it is selfish. My mother is the only reason why I continue and even so I could not do it the last 2 times, and not for her because I already accepted that I was not going to continue here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
There is unfortunately not much I can say to console you, the life's of parents are never the same after suicide of a child.
what can help a bit is writing a suicide note explaining your suffering and that there was nothing they could have done to prevent it. Or even trying to talk about it to them while you are alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: cytokinestorm, demuic and Emilia1012
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
It is hard, very hard, but it is something you have to accept, even if it is selfish. My mother is the only reason why I continue and even so I could not do it the last 2 times, and not for her because I already accepted that I was not going to continue here.

There is nothing selfish about freeing yourself of misery and suffering. It is your life to do as you wish.

If they don't understand this then they never had your best interests in mind.

Reactions: Error1987, Fehler and Emilia1012
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
There is nothing selfish about freeing yourself of misery and suffering. It is your life to do as you wish.

If they don't understand this then they never had your best interests in mind.
I agree, life belongs to each one and no one should decide what to do with it, but that does not mean that the act will harm your loved ones (those who have...).

Reactions: bad_luck
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
There is unfortunately not much I can say to console you, the life's of parents are never the same after suicide of a child.
what can help a bit is writing a suicide note explaining your suffering and that there was nothing they could have done to prevent it. Or even trying to talk about it to them while you are alive.
Thank you so much for advice, i would leave a note for sure. The problem is i am physically ill and even my doctor told me everything might be ok , I am scared my health will get bad and I will suffer a lot. My parents don't realise how bad my ilness actually is ,I don't want to talk to them about it much and worry them

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin and lanax09
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Same here.
Once my dad knows I've ctb, he might have a heart-attack or stroke. He's one of the main reasons why I'm still in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Error1987, RedHarlequin and lanax09
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm so sorry you are struggling. I would personally write a detailed note explaining to them that you are no longer suffering. Maybe it would give them some closure. Many people grieve more after a suicide as they ask themselves why did they do this. At least if they are reassured by note form it might help.
Nobody asked to exist in the first place so it isn't like we have an obligation to stay alive. People shouldn't have to suffer for the sake of others. I wish society had more acceptance of suicide as an rational option.
I guess it cant be helped though, suicide is a pain cycle, to end your own pain, it passes it on to someone else. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: elfgyoza, RedHarlequin and Emilia1012
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
I'm so sorry you are struggling. I would personally write a detailed note explaining to them that you are no longer suffering. Maybe it would give them some closure. Many people grieve more after a suicide as they ask themselves why did they do this. At least if they are reassured by note form it might help.
Nobody asked to exist in the first place so it isn't like we have an obligation to stay alive. People shouldn't have to suffer for the sake of others. I wish society had more acceptance of suicide as an rational option.
I guess it cant be helped though, suicide is a pain cycle, to end your own pain, it passes it on to someone else. I wish you the best.
Thank you so much, i like a lot the words "i am no longer suffering"
Same here.
Once my dad knows I've ctb, he might have a heart-attack or stroke. He's one of the main reasons why I'm still in this world.
I understand completely.. actually a week ago I started crying and told my dad "I was thinking of killing myself" , we were in a car. My dad just said "ehh" and ignored it actually. But I know he just feels bad that he can't help me

• Hugs
Reactions: bad_luck, FuneralCry and RedHarlequin
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I understand how difficult this is. I've stayed alive for the past 22 months for my husband and mother. I keep a voicemail of my husband that he left for me on the day I first tried to kill myself almost a year ago. (I didn't discover it until about two months ago.) There was a desperation and pain in his voice. I could feel his hurt. I'm in so much pain myself, but I don't want to cause him any pain.

Still, I know that, at some point, my pain is going to become too unbearable, and I'm going to have to end things. We can only put up with so much. Just as our body physically gives out after some time, our brain will have to give out too after it takes too much of a beating.

• Hugs
Reactions: bad_luck, FuneralCry and RedHarlequin
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I would leave the note explaining my suffering. I would tell that my suicide is the best decision for me , that I will be free of this pain. That they shouldn't feel sorry for me, they shouldn't grieve... I would explain why my life was a torture and why I couldn't go on, and why I am happy with my decision to ctb. I don't know if they'll understand it, it's up to them...

Reactions: FuneralCry, RedHarlequin and Emilia1012
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
I would leave the note explaining my suffering. I would tell that my suicide is the best decision for me , that I will be free of this pain. That they shouldn't feel sorry for me, they shouldn't grieve... I would explain why my life was a torture and why I couldn't go on, and why I am happy with my decision to ctb. I don't know if they'll understand it, it's up to them...
Thank you. It is a very good advice. They will suffer a lot still but If I leave a note explaining how much I was suffering maybe it will be a bit easier for them
I understand how difficult this is. I've stayed alive for the past 22 months for my husband and mother. I keep a voicemail of my husband that he left for me on the day I first tried to kill myself almost a year ago. (I didn't discover it until about two months ago.) There was a desperation and pain in his voice. I could feel his hurt. I'm in so much pain myself, but I don't want to cause him any pain.

Still, I know that, at some point, my pain is going to become too unbearable, and I'm going to have to end things. We can only put up with so much. Just as our body physically gives out after some time, our brain will have to give out too after it takes too much of a beating.
Exactly. I am staying alive just for other people but life is very hard. I am so depressed I cry a lot and can't do almost anything. I think brain has a limit to mental suffering too

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Wisdom3_1-9 and BlankUser
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I know its hard but you have to be ruthless.

E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
Also my parents can see that I suffer and it makes them suffer too for sure . Today my mom told me :"you just do nothing and cry all days, you should wear nice clothes, read a newspaper, go somewhere, you can't just lie and cry all days"- I know she doesn't want to see me suffer.

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Also my parents can see that I suffer and it makes them suffer too for sure . Today my mom told me :"you just do nothing and cry all days, you should wear nice clothes, read a newspaper, go somewhere, you can't just lie and cry all days"- I know she doesn't want to see me suffer.
Wow, that is an awful advice, I'm sorry you have to hear this from your loved ones.

B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021

It's a very difficult situation and decision no doubt. I don't know about your relationship with your parents but maybe you could educate them about what it's like to live with suicidal thoughts? Maybe you should show them articles written by professional psychiatrists and scientists so they get a better idea? I think that we should put our needs first. But it's difficult because we're attached to some people. I am struggling with this too. But if I ctb, I would definitely explain why my decision was best for me.

Reactions: Emilia1012
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
Wow, that is an awful advice, I'm sorry you have to hear this from your loved ones.
You think it is? My mom intended well.. since I am like that since months and I think she is tired of seeing me suffering.
You think it is? My mom intended well.. since I am like that since months and I think she is tired of seeing me suffering.
I told my dad I was suicidial 2 times, he told me "it is your life your decisions"- so I guess he will understand ? I am sure he will still suffer a lot, he loves me so much

ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
It hurts when I know my family will suffer after I ctb. But what hurts even more is MY suffering in this world. I will try to explain them how much I hate this life and how pointless this existence is. But I know they won't understand.

I know it seems kinda selfish, but it isn't. No one of us is selfish. Selfish is a person who forces others to living against their will. We didn't have a choice to be born or not, but now we have a choice to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Error1987, elfgyoza, FuneralCry and 2 others
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
It hurts when I know my family will suffer after I ctb. But what hurts even more is MY suffering in this world. I will try to explain them how much I hate this life and how pointless this existence is. But I know they won't understand.

I know it seems kinda selfish, but it isn't. No one of us is selfish. Selfish is a person who forces others to living against their will. We didn't have a choice to be born or not, but now we have a choice to die.
I agree with you, we have to put ourselves first. Still I love my parents a lot and It feels so bad to make them suffer. If not them, I would be 100% sure about ctb feeling calm

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, RedHarlequin and ExhaustedExistence
L

littlemushroom

May 17, 2021
Thank you for creating this thread. This is something that has been very much troubling me too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
Thank you all for advices. Actually I started feeling less selfish and guilty recently, I was talking to my parents and they told me that basically even if I was paralyzed or living vegetable, they wouldn't let me die. I think they don't understand my suffering and I have to start thinking about myself

Reactions: Error1987 and RedHarlequin
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
you have the same name as the love of my life

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
What is your illness if you don't mind my asking?