D

dedbb

Oct 5, 2024
Hi everyone, I know there are a few threads on this and I've read a lot of it including the the charcoal mega thread. But I still really need some clarification and have some questions. So I apologize for the redundancy but I really need this.
My plan is to 1) Use cardboard and duct tape to seal my vents and tap.
2) Turn off my fire alarms.
3)Use a chimney starter and light up the lump coals until they stop smoking and turn grey as I read.
4) Transfer to a bbq bucket and put it in the bathroom.
5) Duct tape door and put a towel in the bottom of the door.
Are there any problems with this plan, Am I missing anything?

My questions: How much charcoal will I need, how much co will it create and how long will it take before it kills me? I read that 6400ppm will kill in 20 mins? I also read that you need 135g/m3? But how long will it take to die if it's 135g/m3?
Also I should light the coals till there's no more smoke or flames right? All of them should be ashy and grey. But there will still be CO for 5-12 hours even when there are no more flames or smoke?
After I put the bucket with coals inside the Bathroom, do I need to put anything under the bucket? Will the bucket burn my bathroom floor? Also I heard that the charcoals will make the room really hot? Also what sleeping pills should I take? I think benzos are not over the counter so I can't access those.
I found a co detector on amazon. It only goes up to 5000, it doesn't go to 10,000 but it'll at least let me know that it has gone to 5000. Does it look like it'll give accurate readings? Thanks you sosososo much if you answer my questions because life is really a b*tch. https://www.amazon.ca/CT-300-Portab...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You should use a lot more charcoal. There's nothing wrong with that. Depending on your room volume I would use minimum 3-4 times the min amount. Once the coals stopped burning and smoking they're "ready". CO is produced in an incomplete combustion and it's only a result of a reaction with C and O when there is not enough O present (chemistry). If you have ceramics floor you don't need to put anything under your bucket/grill with the coals. What is much more important is that CO is just a little lighter than air - the worst position you can take in a BR is laying right on the floor. How long the charcoal "burns" = glows can't be determined to 5-12h. I hope that helps.

memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
Hi everyone, I know there are a few threads on this and I've read a lot of it including the the charcoal mega thread. But I still really need some clarification and have some questions. So I apologize for the redundancy but I really need this.
3)Use a chimney starter and light up the lump coals until they stop smoking and turn grey as I read.

My questions: How much charcoal will I need, how much co will it create and how long will it take before it kills me? I read that 6400ppm will kill in 20 mins? I also read that you need 135g/m3? But how long will it take to die if it's 135g/m3?
Also I should light the coals till there's no more smoke or flames right? All of them should be ashy and grey. But there will still be CO for 5-12 hours even when there are no more flames or smoke?
After I put the bucket with coals inside the Bathroom, do I need to put anything under the bucket? Will the bucket burn my bathroom floor? Also I heard that the charcoals will make the room really hot? Also what sleeping pills should I take? I think benzos are not over the counter so I can't access those.
I found a co detector on amazon. It only goes up to 5000, it doesn't go to 10,000 but it'll at least let me know that it has gone to 5000. Does it look like it'll give accurate readings? Thanks you sosososo much if you answer my questions because life is really a b*tch. https://www.amazon.ca/CT-300-Portab...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1
Of course, make sure there's nobody else in the house.

This is a bucket? Not a portable grill?

memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024

IF IT WERE ME AND I WAS DOING THIS:

I would buy a jar glue and then rub the bathtub down.

Then I would place several sheets of aluminum foil in the bathtub.

Wait...

...Then place the grill in the bathtub over the aluminum foil.

This is what I would do. If you haven't seeked out help please do so now. There are plenty of people who regret ever attempting suicide.

You might not be one of them, but you could be.

Regardless, I wish you peace in the end.

Last edited:
D

dedbb

Oct 5, 2024
You should use a lot more charcoal. There's nothing wrong with that. Depending on your room volume I would use minimum 3-4 times the min amount. Once the coals stopped burning and smoking they're "ready". CO is produced in an incomplete combustion and it's only a result of a reaction with C and O when there is not enough O present (chemistry). If you have ceramics floor you don't need to put anything under your bucket/grill with the coals. What is much more important is that CO is just a little lighter than air - the worst position you can take in a BR is laying right on the floor. How long the charcoal "burns" = glows can't be determined to 5-12h. I hope that helps.
So after the charcoal has stopped smoking and burning, it will still continue to emit co right? But for how long will it continue to emit co? And how long will it take for me to die? What if I don't have a ceramic floor? Will aluminum foil or a metal pan do? Thank you for your response, this is really really important to me Thanks for the floor tip.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Nobody can say how long it really produces CO bc that depends on how long Carbon is there to react with Oxygen to CO in an incomplete combustion - that depends on the amount of coal you use but it's impossibel to say it produces CO for x amount of hours. People have used steal buckets. Just make sure what is below the grill/bucket can withstand heat.

How long it takes to die depends on the CO concentration in the room/tent:

CO Symptoms