0xdobalina

0xdobalina

Aug 29, 2023
I am besides myself. I've posted about this elsewhere but I lost absolutely everything through my gambling addiction - career, home, marriage, qualifications, and I'm bankrupt.

I haven't helped myself over the past few years a great deal. I live with my parents. I am terrified about the future.

Has anyone rebuild a life after similar destruction? I need some inspiration.

Reactions: colormesuprised and Immensevoid
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
There have been several times in my life when I went from horror to heaven. There have been many times when I've gone from financially destitute (always because of my accursed, thieving family which either stole from me or I ran away from them) back to being relatively wealthy.

Try not to put too much on yourself if you feel you didn't help yourself enough. You can only give your 100%.

I don't know if this can be inspiring at all but hope so for your sake. Everyone's here because they're in a slump, success stories are to be found elsewhere. Right now I just tell myself that I won't let anything bother me.

• Love
Reactions: 0xdobalina
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Well I don't know if it's comparable but I've never had anything to begin with in the first place. I'm 46 and since the age of 18 anxiety and chronic pain destroyed my life. I am pretty much a failure with nothing, now I've just started to get over my proboems I've started to build a life from scratch.

• Hugs
Reactions: 0xdobalina
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I'm not sure I'm a decent role model at the moment, but it is possible to claw it back.

I went from £60k drug addiction debt, divorce, history of child rape and abuse to a six figure salary, own house, new 18 year relationship (now another failed one) and children.

I'm struggling now, but I'm still here trying.

Gambling, like any other addiction can be overcome, but you've got to want it. Are you getting support? If not (and if it's available in your country), contact gambling anonymous and go from there. One day at a time.

I wish you luck and around if you want to talk.

• Love
Reactions: larastoned and 0xdobalina