zeldalover

zeldalover

Everybody agrees 👏🏼
May 16, 2023
I know this is stupid and something I should probably know the answer to, but does it ever actually get easier? Say I don't end it in the next month or so. Say I'm completely honest at my next therapist appointment at risk of getting hospitalized and go through with that. Does it actually help? Is it a matter of meds? As someone who's tried a few SSRIs but here I am unable to function still.

• Hugs
Reactions: Treku, Kit1, Some place nice and 1 other person
gotomrg

gotomrg

Mar 10, 2023
i think it's worth trying and waiting until you yourself realize that it's not gonna change. because things might get better. every case is different.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Kit1 and zeldalover
Treku

Treku

why am I even alive
Oct 15, 2023
I wouldn't say that it gets better. life is shit and I think that the faster you realise that the easier it will get. bc it will get easier. you will learn how to deal with the problems and then you'll have new ones and then learn how to deal with them.
life doesn't get better. but you will at dealing with it.
that being said I can't deal with this shit called life and can't do the work to make it better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman, Kit1 and zeldalover
Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
By getting better your out look on life might change, it might get better or it might get worse. I got better but now I am gonna ctb. I got bad again bc I am a social person but I have no friends near me. My bff barely answers (bc he doesn't get the notifications), so I had no one. If you have people you trust to help you turn to them. Get meds if you want. It is worth it too get better, to see the light. I hope you can get to the end of the tunnel and be happy. Its a lot of hard work to get better. Let therapy help. I believe you can rise out of the ashes, be a phoenix.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Treku, Kit1 and zeldalover
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
It depends on your situation, really. I suggest against going forward with a CTB plan if you know you're gonna have regrets about not trying all options available. You may or may not have a pleasing experience in places like a ward, or with a therapist, but your will and hope to improve also matters. Things will not get better if you don't fight it or you put no effort in trying to do so. Medicine can definitely help putting you on the right track, but again, in the end it's all up to you, your limits, your strenght. Take care, I wish you the best.

Reactions: Kit1 and zeldalover
azukigirl

azukigirl

whip, step, jump! glitterific!!
Oct 24, 2023
it isn't stupid, your questions are valid! <3
i wanted it to get better so i was honest, but my psych ward experience was horrible. and it didn't get better for me, even though i was really trying in everything. the doctors can get really weird too. although i've had a bad experience i know people who have gone in and really got help so if you want to you should, you will definitely learn a lot from your peers who are also surviving with you!!! therapy and medicine are both 50/50 as i am still trying to figure that out for more than a year now! hope my experience gives some insight, big hearts to you and wish you well on your journey

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Treku, zeldalover and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Given the question you are asking means that it is still worth trying to reach out and get the help as there is still hope. There are people who have come out well after treatment, support and self care and there are some people that feel like we have reached the end of the track. Sounds positive that you are wondering whether there is still hope available for you - it is definitely worth following that thought process and giving yourself a chance. No matter what you choose, it will be a difficult journey - but if you feel like there is still spme light you can see at the end of the tunnel, then definitely worth giving it a go. Good Luck with whichever path you choose - I really hope that it works out foe you. Take care.

• Love
Reactions: zeldalover
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
I know this is stupid and something I should probably know the answer to, but does it ever actually get easier? Say I don't end it in the next month or so. Say I'm completely honest at my next therapist appointment at risk of getting hospitalized and go through with that. Does it actually help? Is it a matter of meds? As someone who's tried a few SSRIs but here I am unable to function still.
I'm 42 and honestly, it's just kept getting harder..

Reactions: Kit1 and zeldalover
zeldalover

zeldalover

Everybody agrees 👏🏼
May 16, 2023
I'm scared that is going to be worthless and now we're even further in debt because of it. I'm also scared to tell my girlfriend that I may need to be admitted and I'm scared that even if it does help in the moment no one will acknowledge that but more so that I needed it to begin with. I guess I'm scared to try and have it be futile.

I'm scared to tell my girlfriend and have her know because she already has so much other shit going on she doesn't need my problems too. I'd rather just fade into the darkness than tell her I'm admitted because I tried to kill myself or desperately want to kill myself. I guess it is a lot like I want to be better, much like some people on here. I don't know that's it's possible for me though. And I guess that should be reason for me to try to get better but I don't know. I'm tired of trying already. I just feel like a fucking idiot that doesn't know what to do and simultaneously I'm tired of trying.