Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (tell me in the comments)

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
what sports do you play, enjoy, or watch ?
I like and have participated in volleyball, track, softball/baseball, hockey, and archery

with my favorites being either volleyball or archery well I think I love all of them it's a hard decision

edit: also does fishing count as a sport?

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
e-sports 😎

Nah jk. I played super casual soccer and volleyball in school, I liked volleyball even if I was bad at it.

I had a vacation's moment worth of watching old-school snooker on Youtube. Saw many 147 breaks as well as slower games and was familiar with the players (The Rocket, Judd, The Nugget, still can name some!). Never a full set though, they are absurd. Best of 17s? GTFO.

Is Poker a sport? I like playing it with friends or sometimes online and watching it on YouTube too.

I HATE American sports in general. Football stops every fucking 5 seconds and it's just made for TV advertising. Fumbles and challenges aren't fun, just give me some action dammit. Basketball too, made for TV with the constant pausing, and relies so heavily on a stop clock.

"Oh that's cuz you're Brazilian" NAH soccer sucks too, but at least we just get two uninterrupted 45 minute intervals of game. No ads. No stop clocks, goes by ref's feel. Kinda don't like the VAR either.

Reactions: psp3000
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
disc golf... fun, accessible, affordable, and get to be in the woods. love the strategy involved, the biomechanics, the flight of the disc, and the sound of the disc crashing into the chains.

Reactions: psp3000 and FormerlyFe(IV)
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Is Poker a sport? I like playing it with friends or sometimes online and watching it on YouTube too.
I loved playing poker in the game GUN for GameCube and irl in highschool does the card game 21 count as poker we would bet gummy worms and various other candies
e-sports 😎

Nah jk. I played super casual soccer and volleyball in school, I liked volleyball even if I was bad at it.

I had a vacation's moment worth of watching old-school snooker on Youtube. Saw many 147 breaks as well as slower games and was familiar with the players (The Rocket, Judd, The Nugget, still can name some!). Never a full set though, they are absurd. Best of 17s? GTFO.

I HATE American sports in general. Football stops every fucking 5 seconds and it's just made for TV advertising. Fumbles and challenges aren't fun, just give me some action dammit. Basketball too, made for TV with the constant pausing, and relies so heavily on a stop clock.

"Oh that's cuz you're Brazilian" NAH soccer sucks too, but at least we just get two uninterrupted 45 minute intervals of game. No ads. No stop clocks, goes by ref's feel. Kinda don't like the VAR either.
yeah I hate all the adverts too and commercials aren't as good as they used to be so you would think football the biggest advertisement holiday of the year would have some commercial bangers but they don't sadly

hear me out.... ???foosball tables??? what's your opinion on that I find it difficult but fun
disc golf... fun, accessible, affordable, and get to be in the woods. love the strategy involved, the biomechanics, the flight of the disc, and the sound of the disc crashing into the chains.
I actually want to try this but forgot what it looks like and how it's played so my mind everytime I try to imagine it keeps showing me corn hole

Last edited:
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I actually want to try this but forgot what it looks like and how it's played so my mind everytime I try to imagine it keeps showing me corn hole
it is essentially golf but the goal is throwing a disc into a basket with chains to catch it, and the courses can be in the woods, in the open, or a mix. with your softball/baseball background you are already off to a good start because the biomechanics are similar. backhand throw = baseball swing with a flattish swing plane and forehand throw = sidearm baseball throw with intentional wrist snap for spin.

• Informative
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
with your softball/baseball background you are already off to a good start because the biomechanics are similar. backhand throw = baseball swing with a flattish swing plane and forehand throw = sidearm baseball throw with intentional wrist snap for spin.
made me think of this

• Yay!
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Also, maybe badminton and tennis are fun to play, tennis kinda cool to watch? Running around in spurts and whacking shit is always a recipe for success haha

Pardon my English but it looks so much like a stereotypical white man's sport hahaha
But fr I saw a few youtube shorts on disc golf before and it looks super fun to learn. I would definitely try it out if I could

hear me out.... ???foosball tables??? what's your opinion on that I find it difficult but fun

YESSS

Been ages since I played and looking back now people are really aggressive here. Balls flying around, spinning the rods like crazy, going hard on the table. I just checked out a commented video on a foosball match and it's surprisingly pretty technical!

Foosball reminded me of an adjacent game popular in Brazil, button soccer (futebol de botão). It's played on a table and you fling player buttons around trying to hit a small soccer ball into the goal area.

• Wow
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Also, maybe badminton and tennis are fun to play, tennis kinda cool to watch?
oooh I forgot about those also croquet haven't played any of those in years really really fun also I heard someone got fined for raging and breaking their racket recently

edit: also wanna try out cricket and badminton too

Foosball reminded me of an adjacent game popular in Brazil, button soccer (futebol de botão). It's played on a table and you fling player buttons around trying to hit a small soccer ball into the goal area.
I would definitely play this it reminds me of table hockey although it's completely different

Last edited:
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I would definitely play this it reminds me of table hockey although it's completely different

Air hockey? I love air hockey but it's a shame that I only find it in malls and games rack up costs fast 😭

Okay, another arcade "sport", pinball. I LOVE virtual pinball tables (especially the old ones from Farsight games) and I only had the opportunity once to play on a real table. It's pretty fun to see old blokes talk passionately about their dying hobby and also play super carefully and technically on YouTube.