K

Kastema

Apr 2, 2019
Hi all. After failing partial and the tourniquet method, I feel I have no other option than to put a plastic bag over my head and suffocate myself. My question is how much Xanax I'd need to take to knock myself unconscious? I'm a 45kg woman. I tried doing it while awake but SI is a bitch and no matter how much I consciously insist, my body ends up removing the bag. So maybe being unconscious will help. I have a considerable tolerance to the pills and their effect lasts for no longer than 2 hours. I think that might be enough. I also tried the baking soda + vinegar + bag method but kind of botched it and might try again if the Xanax doesn't work. Sorry about the rambling, I'm frustrated and desperate. My main question is about Xanax dosage for complete unconsciousness

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I also tried the baking soda + vinegar + bag method but kind of botched it.
What problems did you have? Since vinegar is highly dilute acetic acid, you'd need a lot of it to produce enough CO2, and its fumes can be irritating. I'd rather use citric acid instead.

K

Kastema

Apr 2, 2019
What problems did you have? Since vinegar is highly dilute acetic acid, you'd need a lot of it to produce enough CO2, and its fumes can be irritating. I'd rather use citric acid instead.
I tried again today and the CO2 induced a panic response. I thought it would make me unconscious in one breath, but nah. I guess it wasn't concentrated enough. I feel like I'm having more success with the plastic bag alone, I almost fainted today before ripping it off. A few Xanax pills don't do much to help though, my body becomes very alert even at 2mg.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I tried again today and the CO2 induced a panic response. I thought it would make me unconscious in one breath, but nah.
Inhalation of carbon dioxide is unpleasant. I wouldn't expect fainting coming faster than in 15 seconds after you start inhaling CO2. 40 seconds should be enough for losing consciousness if concentration of CO2 is high.
I guess it wasn't concentrated enough.
Can you describe the procedure? If I were going to try CO2 asphyxiation & poisoning, I'd fill an empty bag with CO2, then put it over the head quickly and seal around the neck with insulating tape.
I feel like I'm having more success with the plastic bag alone, I almost fainted today before ripping it off.
I think, that's feasible too. Did you hyperventilate before putting the bag over the head? How much residual air did you have in the bag and the lungs before sealing the bag?

K

Kastema

Apr 2, 2019
Inhalation of carbon dioxide is unpleasant. I wouldn't expect fainting coming faster than in 15 seconds after you start inhaling CO2. 40 seconds should be enough for losing consciousness if concentration of CO2 is high.

Can you describe the procedure? If I were going to try CO2 asphyxiation & poisoning, I'd fill an empty bag with CO2, then put it over the head quickly and seal around the neck with insulating tape.

I think, that's feasible too. Did you hyperventilate before putting the bag over the head? How much residual air did you have in the bag and the lungs before sealing the bag?

I don't know how to quote separate sentences on here, so just replying to the whole message.

40 seconds to total loss of consciousness makes sense to me as a guesstimate, based on what I experienced today. I didn't last more than 10 seconds in there, it truly was very unpleasant and I was nowhere near to losing consciousness. 40 seconds or so makes more sense. What I did was place a jar of vinegar and a glass of soda in a large trash bag, put my head in there, tied it with a shoestring, and mix the ingredients while holding my breath, hoping to have the CO2 levels high enough for me to only need to breathe in once. Nothing fancy about it, and it didn't work as planned at all. If I decide to repeat this, I'll keep the 40 secs in mind.

The plastic bag on its own was nothing fancy either - no special prep, hyperventilating or anything. Just put the bag over my head, tied it around my neck, and chilled in there until the frantic breathing started. I tried staying there, telling myself I'll pass out soon, but ended up removing the bag, pretty much automatically. Would hyperventilating beforehand have helped? Not sure what that does to the body.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you need CO and not CO2! CO with charcoal (and a grill) or CO with sulfuric + formic acid. That will not activate SI reactions and if you have a high concentration you will be knocked out after 2-3 deep breaths.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
What I did was place a jar of vinegar and a glass of soda in a large trash bag, put my head in there, tied it with a shoestring, and mix the ingredients while holding my breath, hoping to have the CO2 levels high enough for me to only need to breathe in once.
I presume, you have a lot of air there. I'd rather try to fill an empty bag from a bottle with mixed baking soda, citric acid, and water, like this

You'd need approximately 150 g of baking soda and 120 g of citric acid to produce a good amount of CO2 (between 20L and 40L).

If you have troubles with inhaling CO2, you can also consider filling a bag with other gases which shouldn't cause suffocation feelings:

nitrous oxide from whippets,
1,1-difluoroethane, 1,1,1-trifluoroethane, 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, propane, butane, or isobutane from air dusters,
butane from butane cans,
hydrogen produced in chemical reaction of aluminum powder or foil, sodium hydroxide and water.

Would hyperventilating beforehand have helped? Not sure what that does to the body.
Hyperventilation removes carbon dioxide from the blood and delays the moment you start experience hypercapnia when CO2 builds up. Removing residual air from the bag and the lungs (as much as possible) should reduce the time before fainting.

Reactions: Jarni and bwerner
K

Kastema

Apr 2, 2019
I presume, you have a lot of air there. I'd rather try to fill an empty bag from a bottle with mixed baking soda, citric acid, and water, like this

You'd need approximately 150 g of baking soda and 120 g of citric acid to produce a good amount of CO2 (between 20L and 40L).

If you have troubles with inhaling CO2, you can also consider filling a bag with other gases which shouldn't cause suffocation feelings:

nitrous oxide from whippets,
1,1-difluoroethane, 1,1,1-trifluoroethane, 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, propane, butane, or isobutane from air dusters,
butane from butane cans,
hydrogen produced in chemical reaction of aluminum powder or foil, sodium hydroxide and water.

Hyperventilation removes carbon dioxide from the blood and delays the moment you start experience hypercapnia when CO2 builds up. Removing residual air from the bag and the lungs (as much as possible) should reduce the time before fainting.

Thank you very much for these options! I'll look into them.

piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
my wife took her own life with this method with just alcohol but I would recommend taking as many Benzos washed down with some strong booze and make sure its tight around the neck

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36
K

Kastema

Apr 2, 2019
my wife took her own life with this method with just alcohol but I would recommend taking as many Benzos washed down with some strong booze and make sure its tight around the neck
Huh, alcohol made it impossible for me to keep my head in the bag - breathing was too difficult from the get go and that started to trigger panic. Benzos seem to help but haven't gotten the right dose yet

piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
Well I tried this last night , took -5 Xanax and 5 Valium . Drank 3 bottles of wine a a was ready to go
But I passed if drink the drugs before it could get for bag properly over my head

Feeling very monged from all the pills today

A

ArjunRamDas

Dec 21, 2023
I don't know how to quote separate sentences on here, so just replying to the whole message.

40 seconds to total loss of consciousness makes sense to me as a guesstimate, based on what I experienced today. I didn't last more than 10 seconds in there, it truly was very unpleasant and I was nowhere near to losing consciousness. 40 seconds or so makes more sense. What I did was place a jar of vinegar and a glass of soda in a large trash bag, put my head in there, tied it with a shoestring, and mix the ingredients while holding my breath, hoping to have the CO2 levels high enough for me to only need to breathe in once. Nothing fancy about it, and it didn't work as planned at all. If I decide to repeat this, I'll keep the 40 secs in mind.

The plastic bag on its own was nothing fancy either - no special prep, hyperventilating or anything. Just put the bag over my head, tied it around my neck, and chilled in there until the frantic breathing started. I tried staying there, telling myself I'll pass out soon, but ended up removing the bag, pretty much automatically. Would hyperventilating beforehand have helped? Not sure what that does to the body.
Yeah, I tried taping a bag around my head/neck while living in India in 2020. Was hoping I would just fall asleep and suffocate. Guess the bag had a small leak because I woke up the next morning, face swollen from the circulation being semi-cut off, but very much still alive. I don't know if there is anything worse than the feeling of a failed attempt, realizing you are still here…

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Yeah, I tried taping a bag around my head/neck while living in India in 2020. Was hoping I would just fall asleep and suffocate. Guess the bag had a small leak because I woke up the next morning, face swollen from the circulation being semi-cut off, but very much still alive.
What kind of tape did you use? How thin was the bag?

A

ArjunRamDas

Dec 21, 2023
What kind of tape did you use? How thin was the bag?
Regular shopping bag. I think it was plastic packing tape. One issue I had was that I sweat a lot and I think the perspiration weakened the tape seal…

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I think it was plastic packing tape. One issue I had was that I sweat a lot and I think the perspiration weakened the tape seal…
I think, it's better to use a stretchable tape like a vinyl electrical insulation tape to maintain reliable compression around the neck.

Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
I'd rather try to fill an empty bag from a bottle with mixed baking soda, citric acid, and water, like this

Please do you think for water a simple filtered water is OK or need a distilled water?

How much water do you think is needed for 150 g of baking soda and 120 g of citric acid?

Thank you.

I also hope the bag with CO2 from this mix will not explode 🤪

Last edited:
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
do you think for water a simple filtered water is OK or need a distilled water?
High purity of water is unnecessary, you can use just tap water.
How much water do you think is needed for 150 g of baking soda and 120 g of citric acid?
Perhaps, 500 ml should suffice. Note that if citric acid and baking soda are mixed too fast, the reaction can be overly intense, so the mixture can leave the vessel like a volcano. The most optimal algorithm of mixing the reagents can be determined experimentally. I can't recall what exactly I did to slow down the reaction, since I produced CO2 this way many years ago.
I also hope the bag with CO2 from this mix will not explode 🤪
When the bag is sufficiently filled, you should detach it from the vessel with the reagents.

If you can obtain magnesium metal, you could produce hydrogen instead of carbon dioxide (50 g of magnesium + 250 g of citric acid monohydrate dissolved in 500 ml of water for making 30 - 40 L of H2). In this case, it would make sense to prefer filtered water over tap water.

• Informative
Reactions: Jarni
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
High purity of water is unnecessary, you can use just tap water.

Perhaps, 500 ml should suffice. Note that if citric acid and baking soda are mixed too fast, the reaction can be overly intense, so the mixture can leave the vessel like a volcano. The most optimal algorithm of mixing the reagents can be determined experimentally. I can't recall what exactly I did to slow down the reaction, since I produced CO2 this way many years ago.

When the bag is sufficiently filled, you should detach it from the vessel with the reagents.

If you can obtain magnesium metal, you could produce hydrogen instead of carbon dioxide (50 g of magnesium + 250 g of citric acid monohydrate dissolved in 500 ml of water for making 30 - 40 L of H2). In this case, it would make sense to prefer filtered water over tap water.
Thank you very much, your messages are always very informative. I'm also glad to be able to do something other than SN.

Does the magnesium have to be powder?

Or will Mg on the image attached be enough? This form is very easy to buy.

I think CO2 would suit me but if I can do better, why not, I would just have liked it to be tested before me given the enormous stakes of the procedure...

UPD: I found powdered form of magnesium metal :-)

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_155227.jpg
    IMG_20240113_155227.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Does the magnesium have to be powder?
A powder form reacts faster and may need cooling to prevent the mixture from becoming a geyser. A reaction with lump metal can take a considerable time (maybe hours) at room temperature, so you may need to use a hot solution of citric acid or heat the vessel with reagents (for example, in a pan with hot water) to accelerate the reaction.

If you can obtain a whipped cream dispenser and nitrous oxide chargers for it, you can inflate a bag with N2O way more easily and faster than with H2 produced in chemical reactions.

I think CO2 would suit me but if I can do better, why not, I would just have liked it to be tested before me given the enormous stakes of the procedure...
CO2 is difficult to inhale due to its specific effect on the respiratory system, but it can cause fainting even at relatively low concentrations like 35%. Hydrogen should be comfortable for inhaling like helium, but you can have problems with fainting if you let air enter the bag and make the concentration of oxygen above 6% in it.

Nitrous oxide can be used as a simple asphyxiant like hydrogen. Unlike H2, N2O is heavier than air (its density is the same as of CO2) and has anesthetic effect and sweet odor. N2O is one of the best gases in terms of perceptions (along with chloroethane, ethylene, and xenon).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni