P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
does anyone here collect or take care of plants of any kind

I currently only have one kind of plant

a low maintenance Pothos (I currently have many of them because I removed some stems that have nodes from the original plant so then I can have a lot of them in various jars until the roots get long and move them back to my vase so then the original plant has a fuller look and so then I can fill up my vase, they get long so fast)

I have to rinse the roots and change out the water soon but I have been very busy

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, FormerlyFe(IV), theslasher and 6 others
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I just started to take care of plants a few months ago. I have a philodendron, a hydrangea that I'm pretty sure was not made to survive indoors but someone gifted it to me anyway lol and I recently got a pothos as well. It's so recent that I haven't even potted it. Somehow, they all thrive more than I do. Though the hydrangea is dying and I'm not sure if that's because of the seasons changing or if it's because it's really not supposed to be indoors.

Plants have been nice to take care of. At first I was failing and it made me more depressed, but once I got the hang of things and got them to bounce back, it was really nice to see something not be destroyed by my hands. I remember when I found my first tiny baby leaf on my philodendron, I felt so accomplished. Now there are new leaves every time I look at it, which is exciting! Hopefully next year, I can see my hydrangeas bloom again. I keep asking around and people are saying I'm not doing anything wrong but I have some serious doubt. There is, apparently, a whole process to keep them alive during the winter. But I don't mind doing it, it's great to have something to do when I am at home, so I'm actually looking forward to it and I hope I can take good care of it.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, FormerlyFe(IV), LoiteringClouds and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I have 3 x Peace Lily plants, which would be about 5 years old and have been extremely low-maintenance. There used to be more but 2 got an insect infestation.

They are my equivalent of pets. They have practical value for air quality and aesthetic appeal as well, but are never a real burden. I got special pots with a little hole that prevents over-watering and also stores some water in the bottom for lowering maintenance further.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, FormerlyFe(IV), LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I have 3 x Peace Lily plants, which would be about 5 years old and have been extremely low-maintenance. There used to be more but 2 got an insect infestation.

They are my equivalent of pets. They have practical value for air quality and aesthetic appeal as well, but are never a real burden. I got special pots with a little hole that prevents over-watering and also stores some water in the bottom for lowering maintenance further.
I used to have a peace lily years ago I always loved the leaves on that one but sadly someone put it outside and it died

I am still a bit upset about that although it was years ago

I treat my plants like pets as well or at least I try to
they are a good reminder to take care of yourself in a way too

I love those pots but everytime I go to the store that sells them they are sold out or I just can't find them
I have a philodendron,
oh that looks lovely I like the pink one and the one with the big dark green leaves

definitely have to add that to my plant want list

I remember when I found my first tiny baby leaf on my philodendron, I felt so accomplished. Now there are new leaves every time I look at it, which is exciting!
that's one of the reasons why I love plants

seeing tiny rolled up leaves appear is always a fun experience for me with my pothos

also it really tests your patience

but when it comes to germinating seeds its even more exciting but also things could always go horribly wrong but you can always try again which is nice

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, UsagiDrop and Pluto
ieatchildren.oㅅ0

ieatchildren.oㅅ0

Aug 15, 2023
I started collecting plants after highschool kinda by accident. There's this store where I live that sells tiny baby plants for $5 and I thought they were so adorable because of how tiny they were. I would go in regularly and buy a couple of the coolest looking ones. That's before I knew the different levels of care required of each plants so of course most of them died but that lead to me learning more about plants and buying bigger plants that would have a higher chance of surviving in my home. I have so many now and it makes me happy walking around my house and seeing them all. Some other low maintenance plants would be snake plants, monsteras, and zz plants.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I only have this Fern/weed combo hanging in my living room. It adds some charm to the place and my cats can't reach it. Only have to water it once a week which is a plus

20230825 154838

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Guide-to-House-Plants.gif

• Love
Reactions: UsagiDrop, FormerlyFe(IV), rationaltake and 1 other person