Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Self explanatory title, i had bring it up before but immediately dismissed because i'm not hyperactive enough. If it doesn't go anywhere, how do i possibly manage it without medication? Would only exercise works? 🫠🫠🫠

I've trouble with discipline and well some days just got really depressed but at this point im basically just a 20 something years old college dropout NEET.

Reactions: narval
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
From my own experience dealing with mental health sector, if it's minimally professional, it will let you tell the whole thing. At worst, it will tell you that you have (or don't have) adhd. He/she doesn't bites for sure, neither he/she is gonna take you to the psychiatric or something like that.

Try to go and just tell the thing

Reactions: No Entertainment
H

[HNO]

Experienced
Aug 21, 2022
there's ADD apart from ADHD tbh
tho i wouldn't trust shrinks they'll probably gonna hook you on stimulants and antidepressants and wouldn't even check for hormonal function or vitamin deficit before handling meds. being on meds w/ uncertain effects and spending time and decent money on them is far worse than invest in skills for time management and using normal nutrition and drug-free stress coping. at least try to fix it without medication and doctors and use them as a last resort when nothing else helps

im in the same condition and probably on ADD spectrum but i dont care at all

https://i.sanctioned-suicide.net/images/2022/09/157206_attentiofa.jpg

Attachments

• attentiofa.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
R

RandomDude1234

Sep 19, 2018
In my case, my psychiatrist gave me a test to see if I have ADHD or not, Just tell your psychiatrist that you think you have ADHD and will like them to test you for it,

Reactions: SarRy and Girl-shaped Wound
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
just mention your symptoms and the doctor will determine the diagnosis. You can also tell him that you suspect it. He will clarify the doubt.

Reactions: SarRy
Girl-shaped Wound

Girl-shaped Wound

In love with a person that doesn't exist
Feb 19, 2022
In my case, my psychiatrist gave me a test to see if I have ADHD or not, Just tell your psychiatrist that you think you have ADHD and will like them to test you for it,
This! Then my psychiatrist took the DIVA test away from me and had me answer the questions again to see if I was not lying to gain access to stimulants. It took 4 sessions or so. I don't think questioning is a standard process, though.
Some of the questions in the test are puzzling as hell and rather bizzare, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: Solar1703 and symphony